How Good Is Harry Kane?

Clemdog

Ever since his first decent goalscoring Season, I've thought he won't keep this up. In my mind, he was a one season wonder. Surely a matter of time before this purple patch ends and the goals dry up...

That's clearly not going to happen. The boy is the real deal, but how good could he be? It's easy to forget he's only 24.

I still think his ability will be defined by either him winning a decent trophy with Spurs (European or EPL) or by how he performs when he moves on from Spurs. Realistically who could he move to if he keeps up this scoring record? All the big sides have plenty of ST's in the EPL, but he struggles to speak English at the best of times, so not sure I could see him moving aboard. 

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Probably one of the best strikers in the world. For some reason I'm convinced he's joining Real Madrid.

Spurs do have a good selling relationship with them to be fair. 

I'd say it's a reasonable assumption, but I can hardly see him speaking Spanish.

2 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm definitely not.

World class to me is Messi, Ronaldo etc and Kane is never in their league.

I will give him some credit in that he has scored a few good goals recently

To you, "world class" doesn't refer to the handful of top players in the world in their position but only refers to potential all-time greatest players?

Pretty strict criteria. If world class to you means Messi, Ronaldo then there are only two world class players in the world in any position and have only been two since 2006.

28 minutes ago, JamieD said:

To you, "world class" doesn't refer to the handful of top players in the world in their position but only refers to potential all-time greatest players?

Pretty strict criteria. If world class to you means Messi, Ronaldo then there are only two world class players in the world in any position and have only been two since 2006.

He is intercontinental class. 

26 minutes ago, JamieD said:

My standards are obviously higher than yours !! Other players for example I considered world class are Iniesta Xavi Pirlo Lahm.  

52 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

My standards are obviously higher than yours !! Other players for example I considered world class are Iniesta Xavi Pirlo Lahm.  

But they aren't in the Messi and Ronaldo league either, so obviously you agree that there are levels of world class.

Kane has scored 100 goals in his last 146 games. That's a higher rate than Luis Suarez scored at Liverpool. It's much, much better than David Villa at Barcelona. It's comparable to Neymar at Barcelona. Is he is as talented as those players? No, but he's clearly not "average".