How Good Is Harry Kane?

Clemdog

11 hours ago, JamieD said:

To you, "world class" doesn't refer to the handful of top players in the world in their position but only refers to potential all-time greatest players?

Pretty strict criteria. If world class to you means Messi, Ronaldo then there are only two world class players in the world in any position and have only been two since 2006.

...but Juan Roman Riquelme played until 2014 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best out there, both statistically and as a person.

I remember listening to Stuart Pearce talk about him saying that when he was England's under 21s manager, he called Kane up just because he was at a big club. He was a young player at Spurs that was sent out on loan and he said he was destined for the lower English leagues eventually, but called him up purely because of the club he was at.

He's then went on and worked hard and improved on every part of his game. His finishing is top class and work-rate for a forward is immense too, but he always seems like a humble guy. He's worked his way to the top.

21 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm definitely not.

World class to me is Messi, Ronaldo etc and Kane is never in their league.

I will give him some credit in that he has scored a few good goals recently

He is world class. Ronaldo and messi are a rank above world class if you get what a mean. There in a class of there own

He's genuinely a top class striker. He could lead the line for any club in the world. It's just unfortunate for him at the top 3 clubs in Europe, are sorted in that position. 

If the Neymar/Cavani spat is true he could end up there, but I'd like to see him play for Madrid. 

I used to slag him off for his mumbling slabber filled post match interviews..I have however decided that he is indeed one hell of a striker..His 3rd goal last night was started and finished by him and to get the PERFECT Hat-trick of left peg right peg and header takes some doing regardless of the opposition..

I just can't see him fitting in at City so he might be real Madrid bound next season..With the way the market has gone since Neymar spurs might be asking for upwards of £175m..No way is he actually worth that but they might get it..