Defence

bluewhitevanman

Now that we have got the fenian cunts out the road would it be worth just going for something like 

tav.   Mcrorie. A. Wilson. John.  

Wallace and alves are our injured anyway and I think that could be not to bad a defence but ideally I would change tav but couldn't think of anyone else who could play there just now. I know I'm now in for some stick here but was thinking that would have been not to bad a defence going forward. I just don't know about cardoso now 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

We don't have a full back at the club. We should play 3 5 2.

I wish we would just buy players for their natural positions and play them there this trying to shoehorn players into positions that are alien to them does my head in. I agree with the 3-5-2 but again we need to buy players that are comfortable in playing it. 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Why are we dropping Cardoso?

We shouldn't overreact but the only reason he should keep his place just now is because Alves is injured.

There is definitely a player in there and he's still so young but he's a complete bombscare at times. He showed so much composure in his first few games and now he looks like the most nervous player on the pitch. There's a million different reasons for why that could be.

21 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Because he's fuckin murder, looked like an amateur with the fresh air swing at the first goal, and didnt even bother to match thumbheads run for the second, he looked more like the novice and mccrorie the 1.3mill defender. He should be dropped as soon as we have two fit centre backs. 

28 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I just think that we should put some faith in our youth players and I'd love to see mcrorie and Aidan Wilson as the 2 starting together and keep them playing together obviously unless a suspension or injury was to keep them out. Maybe just maybe that wee gem we are trying to u earth might be right under our noses 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

how long is Alves out for?

Not that long, a week or two at most. The physician that handles Ronaldo is actually helping him. So no wonder he flew out :lol: 

He's passed tests with steadiness and is looking good. But at that McCrorie looks a decent wee replacement for the time being. 

7 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Because he's fuckin murder, looked like an amateur with the fresh air swing at the first goal, and didnt even bother to match thumbheads run for the second, he looked more like the novice and mccrorie the 1.3mill defender. He should be dropped as soon as we have two fit centre backs. 

He isn't murder, I don't agree with that, but his form has dropped to the point where he does deserve to be dropped once Alves back. On that I agree.

I think its more of a mentality thing. He looks so anxious on the ball just now. What the fuck was that chest and volley back to Foderingham from the halfway line about!? Heart in mouth stuff.

10 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Behave.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

He isn't murder, I don't agree with that, but his form has dropped to the point where he does deserve to be dropped once Alves back. On that I agree.

I think its more of a mentality thing. He looks so anxious on the ball just now. What the fuck was that chest and volley back to Foderingham from the halfway line about!? Heart in mouth stuff.

A fresh air swing, now that's murder in my book especially against the beasts, but I'm more angry at him switching off for the second, that's not down to him being nervous, it's down to shocking defending. 

7 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I just think that we should put some faith in our youth players and I'd love to see mcrorie and Aidan Wilson as the 2 starting together and keep them playing together obviously unless a suspension or injury was to keep them out. Maybe just maybe that wee gem we are trying to u earth might be right under our noses 

Fair enough. Bit too much of a gamble IMO but I see your point.

2 minutes ago, the old guard said:

A fresh air swing, now that's murder in my book especially against the beasts, but I'm more angry at him switching off for the second, that's not down to him being nervous, it's down to shocking defending. 

He made a crucial mistake and we were punished for it. Morelos could miss a sitter in the next game, that doesn't mean he's murder. My point is that he's young, clearly has potential, and that I believe he'll develop into a solid centre half with a bit of confidence.

4 hours ago, left winger said:

We don't have a full back at the club. We should play 3 5 2.

Or wingers, back 3/5 a no brainer for me for various reasons , the biggest is to cover Cardoso's obviously inadequacies while playing John and Tav at their true positions of wing back .

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

He made a crucial mistake and we were punished for it. Morelos could miss a sitter in the next game, that doesn't mean he's murder. My point is that he's young, clearly has potential, and that I believe he'll develop into a solid centre half with a bit of confidence.

I think he's been poor all season mate, reminds me of Karl svensson, and he's 4 years older than mccrorie, I expected a lot more for our money. 

if we include Fod in the defence I thought he had a shocker. He obviously let the cellic support get to him behind the goal because - especially in the second half his thinking was all over the place - mirroring his distribution. I've seen nothing to suggest he is a better keeper than Alnwick.