Do We Need Some Ex Players/More Bears?

BlueMexican

Just reading the posts, and especially the thread with our players hugging taigs and it is sickening. They don't care. Letting them waltz about our park and our board do fuck all except trying to build bridges. Even the recent Doncaster embarrassment had led to us being quiet with not a statement issued.

On the park we need people who are in the mould of hating those bastards during the game. Yeah there might be friendships off the field but we need winners who have pride in defending our ground and fans from the terrorists.

It might not go down well with some but i would rather have some of our squad from a few years ago come back and install some mentality on what it means to be a Ranger versus the scum. Even get John Greig in the day before a game and give them a speech.

Currently, I would take in McGregor, Davis, Naismith, Lafferty, Weiss. Even Broadfoot hated the taigs. You can argue all day who's past it and who is shite but they always were up for these games.

We have Dorrans but he needs support. Morelos showed more fight than the other 10 put together.

You think McGregor would be phased by the tarriers chants? Fod yesterday was embarrassing.

Broadfoot over Hodson any day for skill and passion.

You wouldn't catch any of these guys cuddling away or laughing with the bastards.

We need more people who know what it means. I believe Pedro does and it showed yesterday v the Lego muncher but the players were showing too much respect.

You're just letting nostalgia cloud your brain. 

You slag Wes for being 'intimidated' and say it wouldn't have phased McGregor...Do you remember McGregor's total fuck up against them in the 4-2 game?

You're argument was done after you stated Broadfoot. 

We just need better players. The likes of Roberts & Sinclair didn't grow up bitter tims. But their quality makes the difference. It'd be nice if we could have Rangers fans, but what about Halliday?

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

You slag Wes for being 'intimidated' and say it wouldn't have phased McGregor...Do you remember McGregor's total fuck up against them in the 4-2 game?

We just need better players. The likes of Roberts & Sinclair didn't grow up bitter tims. But their quality makes the difference. It'd be nice if we could have Rangers fans, but what about Halliday?

There is a difference between one goalkeeping error and yesterday about 6 balls out of play or kicking to a scum player.

See if it was only coming down to the 4 games against them there would be some merit in this discussion however its the dropped points against thistle, hearts at home and the defeat against HIVs that is also the problem. We have players like Pena who for whatever reason is still not fit....why the fuck not? I blame Pedro for this as he is the manager. Windass every few games will have a few decent runs but he has not improved his defensive play - again that comes down to the manager. I could go through the team but at the heart of it is the lack of management skills to improve the players, get the most out of them that all comes back to Pedro the manager.

13 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I think many overthink things at times. IMO the part in bold is all we need. Football is not a complicated. We simply need better players, or at the very least our current players to be good on a consistent basis............ 

No. This always comes up when the team is struggling as if having Rangers fans in the team makes much difference. It didn't help us having Halliday, Jack, Dorrans, we'll sign McLean & Walker and it won't help either because they are all average players.

What we need is good players.

MW signed about 30 players over 2 summer transfer windows then Pedro came in and signed about 10. Quantity over quality from both of them.

We've got rid of average players and replaced them with more average players rather than the manager working with what he could and adding 3/4 players of higher quality each summer.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

What about the penalty he saved in front of them at the Broomloan End, which effectively won us the league?

I'm not denying McGregor was a good keeper.

My point was specifically against the insinuation that McGregor wouldn't be phased by them...Despite him being the sole reason we conceded a goal against them.

The point was a nonsense and I stand by it. 

Just now, ben51 said:

My point was specifically against the insinuation that McGregor wouldn't be phased by them...Despite him being the sole reason we conceded a goal against them.

It was at the Copland Rd end though, so not sure how they would have got to him there.

But agreed, it was a proper howler!

We used to sit looking right down on the goal line then & when it went through him -  Christ ?

17 minutes ago, ben51 said:

But were the beggar support the sole reason he made the fuck up?