News on Alves

RFCRobertson

From STV

Alves undergoes recovery in Madrid with Ronaldo's medics. The Rangers defender is suffering from a calf injury picked up in the League Cup.

Rangers defender Bruno Alves will have his injury assessed on Monday after undergoing an intensive recovery programme in Madrid.

The Portuguese defender missed Saturday's Old Firm derby after suffering a calf tear during his side's League Cup win over Partick Thistle earlier in the week.

He was jetted to Spain where he was assessed by the same medics who treat Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manager Pedro Caixinha hopes to have him back for next Saturday's trip to Hamilton Accies but says youngster Ross McCrorie is a more-than-able replacement should he have to slot in instead.

He said: "Bruno has a Grade One on his calf so he's doing an intensive programme with Cristiano Ronaldo's physio in Madrid.

"He started on Friday and we hope to have him back on Monday to do tests to see if he's able to play next Friday.

"But McCrorie is a player I don't have doubts about. I like Ross a lot and did really well.

"He didn't shake and didn't fail the test. That's his mentality. He did his job okay on Saturday."

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alves can fuck off. I would play young Ross. Alves should have been in Glasgow helping his team rather than with Ronaldos medics in Madrid. What is the big rush now? We needed him, he got injured and then he fucked off to Spain. We don't need him against Hamilton, could have gone to Spain today for a fortnight. He is a grade one tosser. Lost any respect at this.

1 minute ago, will2203 said:

Alves can fuck off. I would play young Ross. Alves should have been in Glasgow helping his team rather than with Ronaldos medics in Madrid. What is the big rush now? We needed him, he got injured and then he fucked off to Spain. We don't need him against Hamilton, could have gone to Spain today for a fortnight. He is a grade one tosser. Lost any respect at this.

That would have changed literally nothing 

Just now, will2203 said:

A tosser for going to get treatment so he can make a quick a recovery as possible.

I despair at our fan base at times.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That sounds to me that McCrorie will be dropped when Alves is fit which is wrong. This is why the formation needs tweaking.

Agreed mate. Wrong. Boy played well v Patrick and stood tall against those scum dumbfucks. Unlike some of his more experienced teammates.

3 minutes ago, will2203 said:

You sir, are an example of what is wrong with the majority of our supporters.

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

A tosser for going to get treatment so he can make a quick a recovery as possible.

He won't play on Friday and then it's the international break. FFS don't you see his motive?

A calf strain occurs as a result of these muscles being torn or pulled. When a muscle is stretched, small micro tears occur in the muscle fibres. ... There are three different degrees of calf strain: grade 1 is a mild strain, grade 2 moderate to severe pain and agrade 3 strain is a complete rupture.

13 minutes ago, will2203 said:

:lol:

15 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Saturday's result was a sore one to say the least, but taking it out on our flagship signing is illogical. Alves wasn't even playing. Defenition of picking a scapegoat!!! Also Ross had a chance to clear the ball for their first goal and panicked.

Alves will be on a big salary and getting him fit ASAP makes total sense. The sooner he is back and bringing some composure back to our erratic defence the better.

The posters calling him a coward last week will thrive on this mind you. Madness!

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i missed it mate what does he say? " he should have stayed in scotland" I imagine. 

Look out the window - would you?

This is boyds article

There’s no other way to describe this situation, which, quite frankly, sums up everything that seems to happen at my old club these days.

Alves may not be able to play at Ibrox, but he could still be doing a vital job as part of the squad.

Whoever sanctioned his trip to Spain should hang their heads in shame.

It’s an absolute disgrace.

Let me tell you here and now, the Portugal international doesn’t need to be anywhere other than Murray Park for treatment to his injury.

I’ve worked with the Rangers medical staff and they’re the best in the business.

No, Alves should be in Glasgow, not in Spain.

I know how it works. Players with injuries tend to get time off to get treatment. But he could have flown out to Spain on Wednesday morning and been back by now.

Whether he was able to play or not, he could still have played a major part in this afternoon’s clash with celtic.

He could be sitting alongside young Ross McCrorie before kick-off and giving him help, advice and encouragement the kid may desperately need.

At half-time he could be in the dressing room giving him pointers.

I just find it staggering that Alves has been allowed to leave Glasgow the day before such an important match.

I’ll be honest, I don’t think it’s a major loss to Rangers that he’s not facing celtic. For me, the young lad McCrorie can handle this game.