What Need To Change/Remain?

BlueMexican

We need a few changes to improve things with our club but what is working?

King and the board: Dave and Mini need to come out and explain what the plan is and invest. Share issue?

Manager: Keep Pedro in my opinion if investment continues. I like how he gives youth players a chance and is passionate about our club. But would you change? If so, who do we realistically bring in? Does he need someone other than JJ as a coach with Rangers experience?

Players: What do we need to improve our quality? For me it's new full backs, left winger, right winger, playmaker and a support striker for Morelos

Fans: Does our mindset need to change? Not sure if its the new generation who haven't experienced pre Walters 2nd stint with full memory. I think some fans are happy to accept mediocre performances and the standards have dropped. Might be a social media thing where everything is scrutinised. The bears 2007 and before that I feel have no nonsense standards we must win and anything less is not acceptable. They seem to moan about every little detail. Just get back to basics. We win we are happy.

What else would you change within our club?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly couldnt give a shit about the youth players - if they are good enough then play them. If not dont. We still have a lot of deadweight Pedro did not manage to get rid of during the summer that have to go ASAP - Windass, Miller, Krancjar, Rossiter, Halliday ,Forrester, MOH need to get off our books and/or a fee paid. Its a lot of players simply contributing nothing to the club. We have to bring in 3-4 players of quality to replace them - no more guys that are taking 3 months to bed in - guys that can come in and make an impression now.

The team now has to start getting points on the board get itself to a final by beating Motherwell in the semi. The "honeymoon period" (if pedro actually had one) - is well and truly over for Pedro and his signings.

This board although not popular is much better than the previous ones under Green/MA whoever else.

They have also done us a favour by getting the 7 year SD ripped up. We will have a new shirt deal from the summer  of 2018. They have given Pedro some money.

MA has also taken his ties out of the club.

4 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

This board although not popular is much better than the previous ones under Green/MA whoever else.

They have also done us a favour by getting the 7 year SD ripped up. We will have a new shirt deal from the summer  of 2018. They have given Pedro some money.

You cant keep going back to the other board as a safety net when this boards been a joke. they have had long enough now.

9 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

They are  heroes

The blame lies on the board's lap, but despite the chants, you can't 'sack the board'.

They must cut their loses with Pedro, though.

We are woeful under him. We will achieve absolutely nothing with him in charge.

It's actually got that bad, I'd take Derek McInnes. I was against his suggestion when Warburton left, but Pedro has driven me to desperation.

I'd have McInnes purely for the sake of having a manager who isn't a comedy act when it comes to talking to the media.

Really just need several quality players that can take on the rest of Scottish football with ease, Maybe a new manager at start of next season if Pedro disnae improve,  It properly for the best too forget about youth and just focus on having the best players possible in our first team, Then when we improve and start winning big games again, look at the possibilities of using the odd youngster.

32 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

We need a few changes to improve things with our club but what is working?

King and the board: Dave and Mini need to come out and explain what the plan is and invest. Share issue?

Manager: Keep Pedro in my opinion if investment continues. I like how he gives youth players a chance and is passionate about our club. But would you change? If so, who do we realistically bring in? Does he need someone other than JJ as a coach with Rangers experience?

Players: What do we need to improve our quality? For me it's new full backs, left winger, right winger, playmaker and a support striker for Morelos

Fans: Does our mindset need to change? Not sure if its the new generation who haven't experienced pre Walters 2nd stint with full memory. I think some fans are happy to accept mediocre performances and the standards have dropped. Might be a social media thing where everything is scrutinised. The bears 2007 and before that I feel have no nonsense standards we must win and anything less is not acceptable. They seem to moan about every little detail. Just get back to basics. We win we are happy.

What else would you change within our club?

I think the biggest thing to change is the one that won't - fan patience. We need to be prepared to give this manager 2-3 years. I know that is extremely unpalatable to some who demand / expect instant success but I think that's what we need. 'They' had quality in depth - we don't - we have just transitioned our squad - we need to build in it. I hated that feeling of being beat by them - again - yesterday but I saw things that I liked. Leave aside alves and Wallace missing - Pedro put out a formation that was disciplined and had opportunities. Yes ultimately it failed ( oh for a wee run of luck) but 6 players were in their first of match and that tells. Add some depths of quality, transition a couple of players and grow on this base. Patience! But we lack that - I hope the board keeps its nerve. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think the biggest thing to change is the one that won't - fan patience. We need to be prepared to give this manager 2-3 years. I know that is extremely unpalatable to some who demand / expect instant success but I think that's what we need. 'They' had quality in depth - we don't - we have just transitioned our squad - we need to build in it. I hated that feeling of being beat by them - again - yesterday but I saw things that I liked. Leave aside alves and Wallace missing - Pedro put out a formation that was disciplined and had opportunities. Yes ultimately it failed ( oh for a wee run of luck) but 6 players were in their first of match and that tells. Add some depths of quality, transition a couple of players and grow on this base. Patience! But we lack that - I hope the board keeps its nerve. 

Its not instant sucess we demand but we cant even string 3 wins in a row together and there not even that good tbh past  and celtic teams would skelp them

2 minutes ago, wishawbear87 said:

Its not instant sucess we demand but we cant even string 3 wins in a row together and there not even that good tbh past  and celtic teams would skelp them

There are the standard we need to get to and we are not there but we can't go on making 10 changes per year, every year, we need to build not change all the time and I see a difference between building and 'changing' and for me I would give Pedro that chance. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There are the standard we need to get to and we are not there but we can't go on making 10 changes per year, every year, we need to build not change all the time and I see a difference between building and 'changing' and for me I would give Pedro that chance. 

We dont want ten changes per year we want a mangement team  can get the best from the squad n sadly a dnt think pedros the man,they bastards r goin for 7 in a row,we cant win 3 games in a row :snapoutofit:

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I can't help but agree with you. We can do without team/manager changes every season and the board did financially back Pedro much more than they did warburton. We as fans have never been known for our patience and after everything we've been through I think our patience has grown even thinner than it was before (if that's even possible) but if we keep having to rebuild a team every year we will never win anything. 

Yesterday I was all for sacking Pedro and most of the team but I've calmed down a bit and I think we have no choice but to back them and hope we turn a corner.  

I still feel we're headed in the right direction overall. Slower than I'd have hoped, but heyho.

Replace Miller, Kranjcar, Hodson, Holt and Wilson with decent quality next year and the squad's getting there.

The issue is finding the funds to replace them properly, as well as scouting effectively.

We need to start thinking about switching our focus to bringing in good quality, hungry young players as the mhankies have been.