What Need To Change/Remain?

BlueMexican

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

We need a board that cares about the Club because the current one doesnt

Don't think they would have gone to all the trouble of ousting the previous regime,fighting Ashley to get retail rights back and putting in money to keep the club afloat if they did not care.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think the biggest thing to change is the one that won't - fan patience. We need to be prepared to give this manager 2-3 years. I know that is extremely unpalatable to some who demand / expect instant success but I think that's what we need. 'They' had quality in depth - we don't - we have just transitioned our squad - we need to build in it. I hated that feeling of being beat by them - again - yesterday but I saw things that I liked. Leave aside alves and Wallace missing - Pedro put out a formation that was disciplined and had opportunities. Yes ultimately it failed ( oh for a wee run of luck) but 6 players were in their first of match and that tells. Add some depths of quality, transition a couple of players and grow on this base. Patience! But we lack that - I hope the board keeps its nerve. 

I agree, we need to give the right manager 2 to 3 years. Have we seen enough in the preceeding 6 months to give him that time?

I think he's signed decent players, but that's about the only positive I can think of.

The Pedro appointment was unusual to say the least, it may well have been a spectacular success but its heading exactly the other way, it was an absolute must the board got the right man in after McCoist and Warburtons shite tenures, I thought Warnock was the man to get us back on level ground and heading the right direction but hey i'm only a fan and can only chirp about it, the board need to be asking themselves some serious questions.

First of all we need to invest in a solid defence, if that means replacing the keeper and the back four then so be it, we need to be much harder to score against, right now is anyone confident we can keep a clean sheet in any game?  We are so easy to score against it's frightening, We will always create chances especially in this country but we must sort the back line ASAP,  tav Hodson cardoso Defo not the answer Alves is 35. John is on loan and the jury is out on Wallace at the moment, only when we do this then we might start going the right way and start to gain a bit of confidence again. 

BOARD:

We need professionals in every meaningful role within the club. From chief executive, advertising, ticketing, maintenance and hospitality we need to up the game and get top level people involved.

MANAGEMENT:

A strong manager and his staff are required. The next appointment needs to be for the long term (2/3 years at least). We need someone who knows what it takes to play (successfully) for Rangers.  I would seriously consider Neil McCann as although he having a torrid time with Dundee i dont think his team are playing the football he wants. I would sack the director of football role and have a reshake of the reserve & youth teams, the manager should dictate the play from the senior pro's to the youth teams. Any alligence to celtic or social media comments need to be hunted from the club. We need a mentality that puts the club at the forefront of everything that happens with our players 

PLAYERS:

A significant improvement is required by the playing staff and no more contracts to be given out just because they are the only option/best of a bad bunch. Windass, Hodson, Danny Wilson, Tavernier, Pena, Kranjcar can all go just now and to galvanise the feeling of playing for Rangers we need to recruit scottish based players who know what the task in hand is facing celtic. By getting players from our game you know what your a getting and also weakening rival teams at the same time

SUPPORTERS:

The fans, while keeping up standards of behaviour expected of adults in a country that values free speech, should be allowed to sing the songs that the stadium has heard for many a year now.  The atmosphere on Saturday was one of fear of losing not one of hope or expectation that today was the day the harlem bogtrotters were going to be stopped.  Teams need to be scared of coming to ibrox not tying scarfs to goalposts. The supporters need to fo their bit. Fuck the woah woah woah chants, lets ramp up the intimidation levels. Move away fans to BF1 and have done with it. 

Last but not least i reckon we need some kind of share scheme to try and get £20/£30m in the bank and get back on track before the manky mob get 10. That genuinely scares me that we are facing that prospect and we havnt even laid a glove on them for 2 seasons now

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I agree, we need to give the right manager 2 to 3 years. Have we seen enough in the preceeding 6 months to give him that time?

I think he's signed decent players, but that's about the only positive I can think of.

I actually thought he had the tactics right yesterday - the team kept it narrow in midfield and were disciplined in their jobs - but Penna ran out of steam - they got a slice of luck and that was that. Pedro is also not frightened to give youth a chance and we just need time to transition one or two more and add some quality in depth. 

He is also combative and hurting and I'm sure he is plotting his revenge on brown the only way he can - by getting a winning team on the park. 

9 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

BOARD:

We need professionals in every meaningful role within the club. From chief executive, advertising, ticketing, maintenance and hospitality we need to up the game and get top level people involved.

MANAGEMENT:

A strong manager and his staff are required. The next appointment needs to be for the long term (2/3 years at least). We need someone who knows what it takes to play (successfully) for Rangers.  I would seriously consider Neil McCann as although he having a torrid time with Dundee i dont think his team are playing the football he wants. I would sack the director of football role and have a reshake of the reserve & youth teams, the manager should dictate the play from the senior pro's to the youth teams. Any alligence to celtic or social media comments need to be hunted from the club. We need a mentality that puts the club at the forefront of everything that happens with our players 

PLAYERS:

A significant improvement is required by the playing staff and no more contracts to be given out just because they are the only option/best of a bad bunch. Windass, Hodson, Danny Wilson, Tavernier, Pena, Kranjcar can all go just now and to galvanise the feeling of playing for Rangers we need to recruit scottish based players who know what the task in hand is facing celtic. By getting players from our game you know what your a getting and also weakening rival teams at the same time

SUPPORTERS:

The fans, while keeping up standards of behaviour expected of adults in a country that values free speech, should be allowed to sing the songs that the stadium has heard for many a year now.  The atmosphere on Saturday was one of fear of losing not one of hope or expectation that today was the day the harlem bogtrotters were going to be stopped.  Teams need to be scared of coming to ibrox not tying scarfs to goalposts. The supporters need to fo their bit. Fuck the woah woah woah chants, lets ramp up the intimidation levels. Move away fans to BF1 and have done with it. 

Last but not least i reckon we need some kind of share scheme to try and get £20/£30m in the bank and get back on track before the manky mob get 10. That genuinely scares me that we are facing that prospect and we havnt even laid a glove on them for 2 seasons now

The problem with buying Scottish based players is other clubs will gouge us for more than the player is worth we saw that with Walker. Hearts would rather lose him for nothing in 12 months than sell him to us for a sensible price of 500k now.

Had we bid for McLean Aberdeen would not have sold for less than £1.5m. When Rangers come calling most clubs will add a few hundred thousand on to the value of any player.

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I actually thought he had the tactics right yesterday - the team kept it narrow in midfield and were disciplined in their jobs - but Penna ran out of steam - they got a slice of luck and that was that. Pedro is also not frightened to give youth a chance and we just need time to transition one or two more and add some quality in depth. 

He is also combative and hurting and I'm sure he is plotting his revenge on brown the only way he can - by getting a winning team on the park. 

i actually thot we where lucky not to go in 3 down. 

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Based on the available personnel I think he got the team selection correct. They were just poor. I agree obviously their first goal had an element of luck which puts us on the back foot.

However it looked as like they had 3 extra men, we were very meek. We didn't put a marker down on their players because we struggled to get close enough to tackle them.

56 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I can't help but agree with you. We can do without team/manager changes every season and the board did financially back Pedro much more than they did warburton. We as fans have never been known for our patience and after everything we've been through I think our patience has grown even thinner than it was before (if that's even possible) but if we keep having to rebuild a team every year we will never win anything. 

Yesterday I was all for sacking Pedro and most of the team but I've calmed down a bit and I think we have no choice but to back them and hope we turn a corner.  

The problem is we keep attacking the wrong people.

As for patience , we appear to have plenty for this board who got us here!

15 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Based on the available personnel I think he got the team selection correct. They were just poor. I agree obviously their first goal had an element of luck which puts us on the back foot.

However it looked as like they had 3 extra men, we were very meek. We didn't put a marker down on their players because we struggled to get close enough to tackle them.

.... and this is where it gets tough - they are very good on the ball - especially at 1-0 up - they are patient, and use the pitch well , that is bourne from confidence, quality and a stable squad. We will get there but it is going to take time. 

Realistically ;

1- New full-backs. Get rid of the shite that's there for good - Taverneir, Wallace, Hodson, Beerman. 
2- Makes McCrorie and Alves the first choice center back pairing. Ideally Danny Wilson can go, promote Aiden Wilson to back-up alongside Cardoso just give Bates back to Raith Rovers or whoever will have him.
3- Stop playing Dorrans so deep. Get him further up the park.
4- Consider giving Alnwick a run instead of Foderingham. Foderingham isn't the worst goalkeeper we've had but I can't trust him anymore. One too many soft goals conceded in big games.
5- Give Hererra a chance upfront with Morelos.
6- Get Pedro to fuck and get McInnes in.
7- Get Dave King to come good on his promises i.e quadrupling the wage bill to compete with celtic and 30-50-million player investment - then again that maybe contradicts the realistically I put at the top.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Realistically ;

1- New full-backs. Get rid of the shite that's there for good - Taverneir, Wallace, Hodson, Beerman. 
2- Makes McCrorie and Alves the first choice center back pairing. Ideally Danny Wilson can go, promote Aiden Wilson to back-up alongside Cardoso just give Bates back to Raith Rovers or whoever will have him.
4- Consider giving Alnwick a run instead of Foderingham. Foderingham isn't the worst goalkeeper we've had but I can't trust him anymore. One too many soft goals conceded in big games.
7- Get Dave King to come good on his promises i.e quadrupling the wage bill to compete with celtic and 30-50-million player investment - then again that maybe contradicts the realistically I put at the top.

Aberdeen are rumoured to want £1m in compensation for Mcinnes as per the terms of his new contract is he worth that?

Also lets not forget his pathetic beast like behaviour before the cup final (stripping Jack of the capacity) had Jack signed a pre contract with any other team in the world excluding Rangers he would never have done such a thing.

4 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Aberdeen are rumoured to want £1m in compensation for Mcinnes as per the terms of his new contract is he worth that?

Also lets not forget his pathetic beast like behaviour before the cup final (stripping Jack of the capacity) had Jack signed a pre contract with any other team in the world excluding Rangers he would never have done such a thing.

I'd rather have spent a mill on McInnes that what is rumoured to have been spent on Pena.

4 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

That's Aberdeen's starting point but if it came to it then yeah, I'd pay the million. It's a shame he signed that new contract a few months ago though or the compensation would have been a lot less.

Why should he have kept someone as captain in a cup final who signed for their rivals? I've no issue with it at all.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's Aberdeen's starting point but if it came to it then yeah, I'd pay the million. It's a shame he signed that new contract a few months ago though or the compensation would have been a lot less.

Why should he have kept someone as captain in a cup final who signed for their rivals? I've no issue with it at all.

If DM had been an Aberdeen or celtic fan then I might have understood his actions based on his dislike of the club but this is someone that's claimed to be a Rangers fan since he was a kid. Had Jack signed a pre contract with celtic who are also a rival team it would never have happened.

As for DM as a manager he is no better than what we already have over the last few years we've seen Hearts,Hibs, Dundee Utd and Rangers relegated and with the 3rd biggest budget in the country all he's won is a solitary league cup not to mention his teams get destroyed every year in Europe by a bunch of goat herders after one maybe two games.

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Realistically ;

I agree with almost everything except getting mcinness as manager. I don't know who would do a decent job but I don't think it's him

2 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

If DM had been an Aberdeen or celtic fan then I might have understood his actions based on his dislike of the club but this is someone that's claimed to be a Rangers fan since he was a kid. Had Jack signed a pre contract with celtic who are also a rival team it would never have happened.

As for DM as a manager he is no better than what we already have over the last few years we've seen Hearts,Hibs, Dundee Utd and Rangers relegated and with the 3rd biggest budget in the country all he's won is a solitary league cup not to mention his teams get destroyed every year in Europe by a bunch of goat herders after one maybe two games.

As I said, I don't have a problem with the captaincy being removed. A captain should be someone who's fully committed to the team and the cause, not someone who's signed a pre-contract with a rival. Just my opinion, tho.

You can spin it that way McInnes if you want but you need to remember it's Aberdeen. They've about 12 thousand season ticket holders, they generally have no money to spend, hadn't won a trophy since 1995 before McInnes took over. People would have been saying the same things about Walter Smith and McLeish before they became our manager. 

I don't really mind if people think McInnes is a shit manager - ideally I'd want a much higher caliber too but provided we agree we actually need the change first and foremost I can handle that and wouldn't argue with anyone who doesn't want McInnes under those terms. We need to get to this stage first where we need a new manager. That's crucial IMO.

4 hours ago, Smile said:

You cant keep going back to the other board as a safety net when this boards been a joke. they have had long enough now.

He was highlighting the good work this board has done.  Spending millions to get our transmits back was no small matter.  It's unfortunate that not all investment can go towards the playing squad but we were being raped by conmen and self-serving arseholes before Dave King took over. 

You can't decide to ignore the investment made last summer, and other good works this board have done, because it doesn't suit your current agenda.  

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

Don't think they would have gone to all the trouble of ousting the previous regime,fighting Ashley to get retail rights back and putting in money to keep the club afloat if they did not care.

You must be on antipsychotics if you think it was for all our benefit.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was highlighting the good work this board has done.  Spending millions to get our transmits back was no small matter.  It's unfortunate that not all investment can go towards the playing squad but we were being raped by conmen and self-serving arseholes before Dave King took over. 

You can't decide to ignore the investment made last summer, and other good works this board have done, because it doesn't suit your current agenda.  

And we are not being being raped now? A net investment of 5 mil plus on players. So where the fuck os the rest of the ST money?

Unfortunate indeed! For the life of me, I just can't think what the agenda is!

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh ffs, another thread peddling McInness as manager.

Some will just never learn.

If it suits King's agenda, he will be and by fuck there is alarm bells in that.

People are allowed to have whatever preference they like as a potential new manager. 

Who would you take (realistically) ?