What Need To Change/Remain?

BlueMexican

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

Moyes has done nothing in his last 3 jobs. Woeful and an ex tarrier.

Rodgers left Liverpool in a woeful state, it's about finding the right manager that fits the right club, man utd was always a tough one for whoever replaced fergie, spain just didn't work out, Sunderland a poisoned challace, so he played for the tarriers 30 years ago, Ffs were no cavemen the game has changed a bit since then, I'll give anyone a chance if it's going to improve us. Would love this to be hypothetical and Pedro still here this time next year, but he's got his work cut out for that to happen. 

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Getting rid of Pedro and all his coaches wont be cheap.  Not to mention, McInnes is contract to Aberdeen until 2020 and they wont let him go without a fight.  Replacing our manager with McInnes would cost millions.

Also, we're struggling to get rid of Warburton's duds (MOH, Halliday, Hodson, Windass, Holt, Kranjcar) so how will we pay off Pedro's players?  We would then need to buy new player for McInnes to work with.

You say, with regards to finances, that the club shouldn't "over-invest until the ship is steadied" but the course of action you described regarding the manager and squad would cost about £10m+.

You absolutely right - even just steadying the ship will cost us money we don't have - Keep going in our current direction and we lose millions anyway!

We've well and truly stuffed this up and there is no easy way out of it absent a Russian/Arab billionaire type scenario - which is not going to happen!

16 hours ago, Alves70 said:

Don't think they would have gone to all the trouble of ousting the previous regime,fighting Ashley to get retail rights back and putting in money to keep the club afloat if they did not care.

They dont care about us getting battered off celtic 4 times a season or the fact theyre still stripping titles, the fact we're out of Europe or the fact that the morale is as low as its been since they came in, otherwise why have they been silent? if they care theyre pish at showing it

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

They dont care about us getting battered off celtic 4 times a season or the fact theyre still stripping titles, the fact we're out of Europe or the fact that the morale is as low as its been since they came in, otherwise why have they been silent? if they care theyre pish at showing it

Of course they care about getting beat off the peados you think they don't actually want to win the league or qualify for the UCL? The reality is that lot have brought in about £60m+ more than us in the last two seasons we can't compete with them financially right now might be tough to hear but it's the truth.

No titles were stripped nor will they ever be so I can't see how they would care about something that never happened.

4 hours ago, Alves70 said:

So getting our retail rights back was purely done for the benefit of Murray or King and not the club? Not sure I understand that logic.

It worked for both parties Ashley still made a lot of cash on it with selling his overstock and got rid of a Headache at the same time. The boycotters did a complete 360 and filled his pockets.

4 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Of course they care about getting beat off the peados you think they don't actually want to win the league or qualify for the UCL? The reality is that lot have brought in about £60m+ more than us in the last two seasons we can't compete with them financially right now might be tough to hear but it's the truth.

No titles were stripped nor will they ever be so I can't see how they would care about something that never happened.

Aberdeen and St Johnstone have not brought in 60 million and under this board/Manager we are struggling to compete with them, we even struggled against bottom placed thistle.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Aberdeen and St Johnstone have not brought in 60 million and under this board/Manager we are struggling to compete with them, we even struggled against bottom placed thistle.

That's nothing to do with the board that falls under the management/players remit.

We've spent more than enough to beat teams like that. 

2 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

That's nothing to do with the board that falls under the management/players remit.

We've spent more than enough to beat teams like that. 

The board sanction the signings and the Manager so again they must shoulder the blame.

I think it would cost over 1M to get rid of Pedro and 1M to get McInnes. Then we have the problem of Pedro's Portuguese and Mexican players. I doubt we'll get anything back on Pena, and maybe a few hundred grand on the others. Hopefully Morelos will stay. We are looking at 10M investment, minimum. The board need to accept they've fucked up with Pedro ASAP, so we can start a proper rebuild with a real manager.

21 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Board, manager, and players.

McCrorie, Bates and Wilson only got the chance because they virtually had to play, so he gets no credit for that imo.

Barjonas, yes.

To be fair he does slightly I believe that Warburton was saying Ross would be shite at CB so encouraged using him as RB. Pedro and the youth staff have seen something else 

We need to start winning things and beating celtic, its that simple. In the years we have been away they have been able to get stronger.

I dont wanna hear excuses all I want is to beat them. Its Scotland we play in ffs, beat the rest of the shite in the league and then give it your all against them.........any decent manager would skoosh it. 

Walter Smith must be tempted to show these muppets what its all about.

8 hours ago, Alves70 said:

You just keep the wool over your eyes and live in fantasy land pal

13 hours ago, the old guard said:

Rodgers left Liverpool in a woeful state, it's about finding the right manager that fits the right club, man utd was always a tough one for whoever replaced fergie, spain just didn't work out, Sunderland a poisoned challace, so he played for the tarriers 30 years ago, Ffs were no cavemen the game has changed a bit since then, I'll give anyone a chance if it's going to improve us. Would love this to be hypothetical and Pedro still here this time next year, but he's got his work cut out for that to happen. 

It is about finding the manager and David Moyes certainly is not the right manager. He's absolutely woeful. 

17 hours ago, JograBear said:

Walter Smith had a squad better than Celtics. His brand of football was utter shite. So bad it was renowned throughout Europe as anti-football.

I'd go back to that style of football in a heartbeat if it meant getting back to beating the taigs and winning trophys

When will people realise that there’s no zillionaire’s left, investors are all sitting on what they have and Scotland is not attractive, when England is just down the road awash with TV money. 

It’s a fucking fantasy that sugar daddies are being fended off by our board. People calling for a complete clear out are fucking deluded. The costs of that are absolutely prohibited 

We need to continually improve, give the guy time to replace players over time that are better than we have, continually improve what we have. That’s the answer, build on each transfer window and spend wisely. 

Success will come but we have to be patient, we can’t fucking afford a new manager and new squad every season ffs. 

The problem with bringing in McInnes is that when we still finish behind the filth and lose almost every game to them, people will have the exact same reaction and just call for his head - when really it's a financial issue, in that we don't have enough of it to compete. 

We could get Mourinho in, and I honestly don't think we'd win the league. 

21 hours ago, JograBear said:

Walter Smith had a squad better than Celtics. His brand of football was utter shite. So bad it was renowned throughout Europe as anti-football.

It's a absolute myth that he played shite football. He'd set up against the filth and in Europe to get results and it worked more often than not but the majority of the time his teams were on the front foot and regularly won convincingly.

Anyway, the brand of football is irrelevant, we need to be winning by any means necessary. 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

When will people realise that there’s no zillionaire’s left, investors are all sitting on what they have and Scotland is not attractive, when England is just down the road awash with TV money. 

It’s a fucking fantasy that sugar daddies are being fended off by our board. People calling for a complete clear out are fucking deluded. The costs of that are absolutely prohibited 

We need to continually improve, give the guy time to replace players over time that are better than we have, continually improve what we have. That’s the answer, build on each transfer window and spend wisely. 

Success will come but we have to be patient, we can’t fucking afford a new manager and new squad every season ffs. 

If they made the right appointment we wouldn't need to, for as long as they keep appointing duds we sadly will.

5 hours ago, gazza27 said:

I'd go back to that style of football in a heartbeat if it meant getting back to beating the taigs and winning trophys

And get back into massive debts? Because that's how WS teams managed to win games. By having a significant money advantage to sign top players.

3 hours ago, Gustav said:

If they made the right appointment we wouldn't need to, for as long as they keep appointing duds we sadly will.

How many do we need to go through before we make the right “appointment”. 

Lets try Mcinnes next, comes third after a clear out of Pedro’s lot

Moyes, might come fourth after clearing out McInnes’s lot. 

Boo Moyes useless cunt, sack him and clear out his duds with the next manager  

See where i’m going, it's a never ending revolving money pit door. 

Strengthen year on year and BUILD a squad don’t CREATE one. Continually assess the weak areas and strengthen them. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

How many do we need to go through before we make the right “appointment”. 

Lets try Mcinnes next, comes third after a clear out of Pedro’s lot

Moyes, might come fourth after clearing out McInnes’s lot. 

Boo Moyes useless cunt, sack him and clear out his duds with the next manager  

See where i’m going, it's a never ending revolving money pit door. 

Strengthen year on year and BUILD a squad don’t CREATE one. Continually assess the weak areas and strengthen them. 

A competent manager wouldnt need a total rebuild.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

The problem with bringing in McInnes is that when we still finish behind the filth and lose almost every game to them, people will have the exact same reaction and just call for his head - when really it's a financial issue, in that we don't have enough of it to compete. 

We could get Mourinho in, and I honestly don't think we'd win the league. 

Fair points and I agree but the point is McInnes would still be an improvement - like the next phase of a build - because it won't happen overnight as people rightly say but you can start moving in the right direction