Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation

now then forever

Anybody else think this could work for us?  Think McCrorie, Alves and Cardoso would be a good back 3 and you'd have Wallace or John and Tav or Candeias to play wide midfield/wingback. Jack and Dorrans in the middle, or Rossiter if he can ever find fitness. And plenty of options for the 3 forward areas. I'd personally give Nemane a chance on the left to see what he can do alongside Candeias and Morelos, but there's quite a few options.  I'd go:

Foderingham or Alnwick

McCrorie

Alves

Cardoso

Wallace or John

Jack

Dorrans

Tav

Nemane 

Morelos

Candeias

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We can't get a control of midfield playing 442.

How do we get more control playing 343?

Exactly. If we play 3 at the back, 3-5-2 or a 3-5-1-1 would be the option. We lose the midfield battle every time,so filling it is the only chance to control it and justify 3 at the back

29 minutes ago, now then forever said:

Anybody else think this could work for us?  Think McCrorie, Alves and Cardoso would be a good back 3 and you'd have Wallace or John and Tav or Candeias to play wide midfield/wingback. Jack and Dorrans in the middle, or Rossiter if he can ever find fitness. And plenty of options for the 3 forward areas. I'd personally give Nemane a chance on the left to see what he can do alongside Candeias and Morelos, but there's quite a few options.  I'd go:

Foderingham or Alnwick

McCrorie

Alves

Cardoso

Wallace or John

Jack

Dorrans

Tav

Nemane 

Morelos

Candeias

Has Nemane not played about 30 minutes of senior football so far in his career?

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So a 343 turns to a 361?

Or more of a 5-4-1, it's pretty flexible, hence why it's a good option. We couldn't play a straight 3-5-2 against celtic as we'd then get destroyed out wide.  Tierney and Sinclair both bombing down our right against only one of our players would have a field day.

2 hours ago, now then forever said:

Foderingham or Alnwick

McCrorie

Alves

Cardoso

Wallace or John

Jack

Dorrans

Tav

Nemane 

Morelos

Candeias

If you read in the post/thread about Portuguese pressing they are all supposed to help each other, track back fill the spaces then move forward with pace.

Basically what a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 would do, but either we don't have the players and/or the Coach to fulfill these fantasy formations.

Cardoso and Alva's in a three ?

Not for me, hope I'm wrong but don't see it neither has the ability now to do this.

I think a 3-5-2/1-1 could work for us. Candeias and John out wide but running in rather than going for the crosses and a central 3 of Dorrans, Jack and Peña. 

Jack would be sitting deeper as he currently does, and if we were faced against a 4-4-2, he could be instructed to man mark one of the front two throughout the game.

We are not good enough to play 3 up front we saw that many times under the previous manager.

Still think in the majority of games in Scotland 4-4-2 is good enough it's just guys like Miller, Windass and Wes need to be dropped.

Morelos and Herrera should get a run of 5-6 games together to see what they can do. We don't have great options on  the left right now but once everyone is fit get John or Nemane out there.

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

We are not good enough to play 3 up front we saw that many times under the previous manager.

Still think in the majority of games in Scotland 4-4-2 is good enough it's just guys like Miller, Windass and Wes need to be dropped.

Morelos and Herrera should get a run of 5-6 games together to see what they can do. We don't have great options on  the left right now but once everyone is fit get John or Nemane out there.

Agreed - with Miller looking less like an automatic pick I want to see if Hererra and Morelos can develop a partnership. Windass is too inconsistent and lightweight to be anything more than a squad player.

Tav and Wallace/John are wing backs in my eyes and considering we dont have 2 great centre halfs why do we not play 3 at the back with wing backs?

I thought even in the Championship we should have been playing, or moving towards, a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 with the players we had under Warburton and now Pedro

Pedro has never used three at the back and I don't see him starting now unfortunately!