Cardoso and Candias

eejay the dj

After watching yesterday's game again 

So much happened 

I honestly think ,these 2 players were our worst performers 

The first goal was Cardosos fault all day long .Shocking but he was mince throughout 

Candias offered us absolutely nothing 

At the game .Thought we had worst performers 

There was no one worse than these two 

Morelos was superb against a decent defence .Worked his socks off with some good quality 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought our worst players were Pena and Hodson.

I thought Candeias worked hard and had a few decent moments in the first half. Cardoso was okay other than the goal. I thought for most of the match he was okay. 

For me Dorrans and Windass were worse than them as well.

Candeias has generally been good and doesn't deserve to be singled out IMO.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I thought our worst players were Pena and Windass.

I thought Candeias worked hard and had a few decent moments in the first half. Cardoso was okay other than the goal. I thought for most of the match he was okay. 

For me Dorrans was worse than them as well.

Dont rate Windass but for an hour he was quality.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So much happened 

The first goal was Cardosos fault all day long .Shocking but he was mince throughout 

Morelos was superb against a decent defence .Worked his socks off with some good quality 

Bold stuff , a canny watch anything after a match like that or read any reports on it.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't think Morelos was great, way too many offsides, seems lazy in that regard.

Was alright. He's good at battling to hold the ball up and lay it off but seems to fall asleep or have timing issues when it comes to beating the trap.

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

So much happened 

That's a f**king really masochistic thing to do! Slap yourself :pipe: 

For what it's worth - I thought Penna offered very little. It's the midfield we need to really compete in and Penna showed little ( again) 

3 toughest league games this season and Candeias has went missing in every one. Sure he tries and runs about but he does absolutely nothing else. Cardoso is young and has time to develop but Candeias is very very poor. He wouldn't even get near a celtic bench never mind a starting 11, God knows why that makes him good enough for our team, he's not. 

I like Candeias a lot. His ability is limited but he's a team player, pace, high work rate and on his game has decent delivery. 

At this time he's earned being a first choice player. But longer term to compete with celtic.....we'll need someone better in his position. But that doesn't mean he's not worthy of being at the club, he can still be a very useful long term squad player for us. 

We don't seem to have a winger that can go past players.

Not sure if Nemane will be that player but we are lacking so much in the wide areas.

One thing that really got to me yday (if you could pick just one), was when Candeias slipped the ball in the box to Tav who for some reason blasted it into their side net. Every time they came into our box from the wide areas they looked up for a pass, we seemed to panic in the dangerous areas constantly.

Candelas is an attacking winger that was asked to do a far more defensive job yesterday was always going to be a tough shift for him. I think he's a decent player and one of the best crossers of the ball in Scotland.

Cardoso needs to improve vastly.

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think it's harsh on Candeias to single him out. 

He's been pretty good so far this season, and while wasn't his best yesterday I hardly noticed Sinclair and Tierney who are two of the filths best. Him and Tav kept them pretty quiet. 

He is also an absolute grafter. 

Mate . I said it was yesterday . I never mentioned anything or other games

He was rotten . And yes I forgot about Hodson . The only thing I would say . He was out of position for him

Not been mentioned too much this thread but Dorrans has to do so much better than what we saw yesterday. Deployed further up the pitch he would be far more effective if his remit was to attack.  Didnt really watch him in England but is he low on confidence or is this his typical game?