Cardoso and Candias

eejay the dj

I think Candeias has been one of our best performers this season. Works hard, has a bit of quality and contributes with goals and assists. He did not play well on Saturday though.

I don't think Cardoso is very good from what I've seen so far. He's an improvement on Keirnan and Wilson which isn't hard but I don't see what makes him better than someone like Clint Hill apart from you have the upside of age. He gets bullied easily, his positioning is poor, doesn't win much in the air and shits his pants when someone runs at him. If Pedro sticks with two at the back i'd like to see Alves and McCrorie given a try together. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardoso seems little to no improvement on what we had last season, although I think he will improve with time.

Candeias definitely has talent, still convinced he was a good buy. Typical winger with a quick pair of feet and good weight behind his passes. I think we'll benefit from him in a lot of matches to come.

14 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

I like Cardoso. I think he is getting stick for us losing goals to the taigs and thistle when he was playing in a make shift defence. We slate Tavs defending and Wallace too so he can't keep every cross out himself.

He is good on the ball and will be a good player for us. Only 24 and is highly rated.

Get agrip he is not good on the ball; cannot pass accurately or even pass with anywhere near the correct weight. He is clumsy at best with the ball and hopeless without it.

17 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think it's harsh on Candeias to single him out. 

He's been pretty good so far this season, and while wasn't his best yesterday I hardly noticed Sinclair and Tierney who are two of the filths best. Him and Tav kept them pretty quiet. 

He is also an absolute grafter. 

he might be a grafter but he does fuck all  runs about like a headless chicken  glad the op highlighted these 2 as i agree with him cardosa cannot defend  to be honest the only player that pedro signed outwith scotland that has been any good is moralos  even alves has been a disappointment to me

On 8/15/2017 at 12:41, Turnberry18 said:

Someone who is a natural captain, and will be a captain one day, possibly not for us is Cardoso; that guy is a natural and whether he stays with us, or moves away, will be a captain. Looks a team leader, and the most natural one I've seen at the club in a long time. I agree with what you say about Wallace though, and he should remain captain.

Just now, OhW said:
On 8/15/2017 at 12:41, Turnberry18 said:

Someone who is a natural captain, and will be a captain one day, possibly not for us is Cardoso; that guy is a natural and whether he stays with us, or moves away, will be a captain. Looks a team leader, and the most natural one I've seen at the club in a long time. I agree with what you say about Wallace though, and he should remain captain.

Yeah, I still think that about Cardoso, although I'm having trouble convincing myself about that right now. Mea culpa; you win.

58 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Get agrip he is not good on the ball; cannot pass accurately or even pass with anywhere near the correct weight. He is clumsy at best with the ball and hopeless without it.

Agreed, very poor signing and at 1.3 mill, Defo not what was required. Hopeless when left one on one. 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I wouldn't have posted it if I had seen your "I was talking nonsense, not for the first time" post :lol:

(You can quote this back to me when Cardoso becomes Captain)

Cardoso being a captain of Rangers? I'm not sure about that, but I wouldn't put it past him being captain somewhere one day. It's interesting that against Partick Thistle, when Alves went off, he assumed more of a leadership role at the back four.

18 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

After watching yesterday's game again 

So much happened 

I honestly think ,these 2 players were our worst performers 

The first goal was Cardosos fault all day long .Shocking but he was mince throughout 

Candias offered us absolutely nothing 

At the game .Thought we had worst performers 

There was no one worse than these two 

Morelos was superb against a decent defence .Worked his socks off with some good quality 

Hodson was shocking.

Candeias did more than Dorrans

Agreed though, Morelos had a good game. Quality player.

18 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That's a f**king really masochistic thing to do! Slap yourself :pipe: 

For what it's worth - I thought Penna offered very little. It's the midfield we need to really compete in and Penna showed little ( again) 

I normally watch the ganes back too if ive been but yesterday I couldn't be fucked. 

I watched the goals back and that was bad enough.

39 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I normally watch the ganes back too if ive been but yesterday I couldn't be fucked. 

I watched the goals back and that was bad enough.

Understood! So not a real masochist then - more a smack my butt type! :pipe: