Am I watching a different game

stewaj3

I just look at opinions on here and mines differ so much for most of the key incidents.

Browns elbow, nothing in it for me. I hate him, but this happens every week and it's nothing.

Caixinha on brown, an embarrassment, ran out of ideas and has lost the plot.

The penalty appeal, never a penalty referee got it 100 per cent right. I didn't even think for a second that it was. Can understand if u were at the game you might think differently. On TV I thought he clearly got the ball.

Ross mccrorie's performance, average at best could have done better at both goals. Not the worst of our problems.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree that Brown's elbow wasn't even an elbow and nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be. Pedro confronting any player at half time when he's got more pressing things to concentrate on is unprofessional as fuck. 

The penalty was undoubtedly 100% a penalty though. I thought the same as you when I first saw it, but the replays show there was no contact with the ball by the defender. 

Definitely a penalty and going in one up may have changed the outcome but I doubt it TBO .the elbow incident looked more like a forearm although I've only seen it once and I thought McCrorie played well for being thrust into that defence in a game  against them.

6 minutes ago, thegambler said:

Agree that Brown's elbow wasn't even an elbow and nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be. Pedro confronting any player at half time when he's got more pressing things to concentrate on is unprofessional as fuck. 

The penalty was undoubtedly 100% a penalty though. I thought the same as you when I first saw it, but the replays show there was no contact with the ball by the defender. 

Nice to have a discussion unlike the fannies above.

Having watched the replay of the penalty it doesn't look like he got the ball. I'll stand corrected there. Not seeing anything in the rest

11 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I just look at opinions on here and mines differ so much for most of the key incidents.

Browns elbow, nothing in it for me. I hate him, but this happens every week and it's nothing.

The penalty appeal, never a penalty referee got it 100 per cent right. I didn't even think for a second that it was. Can understand if u were at the game you might think differently. On TV I thought he clearly got the ball.

Ross mccrorie's performance, average at best could have done better at both goals. Not the worst of our problems.

The only bit I disagree with is McCrorie, a young boy thrown into that game against some good players and he acquitted himself admirably.

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Definitely a penalty and going in one up may have changed the outcome but I doubt it TBO .the elbow incident looked more like a forearm although I've only seen it once and I thought McCrorie played well for being thrust into that defence in a game a against them.

I wouldn't disagree with that. Thought it was a difficult game for him to be chucked in for. As I said he did ok. But I wouldn't say he had a particularly good game.

Just now, PRW. said:

Young centre backs first ever start in a professional game, not to mention the biggest derby match in the world, and he stood up to the challenge and done well. 

Better than average.

If we didn't concede the 2nd goal the way we did. I'd have said he had a good game. 

1 minute ago, mearns loyal said:

You should maybe make sure your observations are correct before you commit to making a thread about how the referee was 100% correct and you'll then avoid comments from fannies

To be fair I called it as I had saw it at the time. I'm more than happy to stand corrected. Last thing I wanted to do was watch any of that shite again.. not sure anyone could blame me for that.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I felt the referee was absolutely brutal for about the first 6 or 7 decisions he was left to decide on. In fact the big sarcastic applause from our fans when we finally got one pretty much echoed that thought. 

What refs like Thompson do is give us nothing till we are getting beat then give us silly calls that do not affect the game.

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

To be fair I called it as I had saw it at the time. I'm more than happy to stand corrected. Last thing I wanted to do was watch any of that shite again.. not sure anyone could blame me for that.

You're entitled to your opinion m8 as much as they are.

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I wouldn't disagree with that. Thought it was a difficult game for him to be chucked in for. As I said he did ok. But I wouldn't say he had a particularly good game.

None of them had a particularly good game in all honesty,.these type of threads will depressingly be the norm everytime we play them.

Some will see things differently to others but at the end of a game and particularly an old firm game some will look with a critical eye and some will just shout No Surrender until our next old firm defeat and then repeat.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

What refs like Thompson do is give us nothing till we are getting beat then give us silly calls that do not affect the game.

I don't know how any sane minded person could watch that back and say the ref was making the right decisions ? I was fucking incensed at the decisions against us man 

The decisions were pish. One particular favourite was 2nd half the ball goes out on the left wing for a throw to them. Now from where I'm sat it looks questionable and the linesman is down at the halfway line. He spots that no bother but in 1st half they can't see Griffiths placing outside the arc at corners. 

33 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

R u a taig by any chance?:whistle:

11 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

The decisions were pish. One particular favourite was 2nd half the ball goes out on the left wing for a throw to them. Now from where I'm sat it looks questionable and the linesman is down at the halfway line. He spots that no bother but in 1st half they can't see Griffiths placing outside the arc at corners. 

There was one in the first half the linesman gave them a corner and the ball was no where near hitting McCrorie. 

42 minutes ago, thegambler said:

when andy walker called it a pen on sky then it must have been a pen

43 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Brown's elbow was a bit half-hearted and didn't connect, but I'm sure the intent was there. People wouldn't be so irate about it if he didn't do it all the time and get away with it, even Tom English agrees with that.

Unprofessional of Pedro, agreed. However, if the players were doing their job then one of them would have already done it so the manager didn't have to.

It was a clear penalty, even Andy Walker thought so.

McCrorie was our best player for me, which admittedly isn't saying much, but he did very well under the circumstances. Understandable that people emphasise the only positive to come from the game.