Am I watching a different game

stewaj3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns elbow might not have been much but it's the intent that counts and also the fact he's done it in a number of games over the last few years.

Pieter Huistra was sent off in an OF game for a fresh air swipe that missed by about 8 inches Brown gets away with anything he wants to in Scotland. That's why they always get pumped in Europe no Scottish refs to help them out.

37 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Thats not the case the ball must be touching the line as a minimum. Overhanging is not permissible. The law states 'the ball must be placed in the area'. I've seen the ball moved to the correct position by many refs over the years.

I'm not sure that is the case, as I see it being done in Europe all the time. I'm open to being shown I'm wrong though. 

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I don't know how any sane minded person could watch that back and say the ref was making the right decisions ? I was fucking incensed at the decisions against us man 

He's an utter cunt and referees thinking of his career so the scum loving media and lawwell won't Punish him.

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

Browns elbow might not have been much but it's the intent that counts and also the fact he's done it in a number of games over the last few years.

Pieter Huistra was sent off in an OF game for a fresh air swipe that missed by about 8 inches Brown gets away with anything he wants to in Scotland. That's why they always get pumped in Europe no Scottish refs to help them out.

Agree, Novo used to get red cards and yellows for intent all the time Brown gets away with Murder.

Naw brown was doing what he constantly does and gets away with it. Its not deliberate in the sense he tried to elbow him like standing at a corner but him jumping like that he knows he is going to connect and get away with it.

Pedro was simply standing up for one of his players and I see nothing wrong with it - if it had happened at 30 mins there would have been a minute or two remonstrating with the 4th official but as I conincided with HT it was with brown.

Penalty all day long

3 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Nice to have a discussion unlike the fannies above.

Having watched the replay of the penalty it doesn't look like he got the ball. I'll stand corrected there. Not seeing anything in the rest

You had 2 days to watch a replay of the penalty incident before posting so why stand corrected now?

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

People constantly complain about there being no fight at our club nowadays yet we have a manager who actually shows some and gets criticised for it.

Could you imagine if he didn't react?

"Walter/Souness/Eck/BigJock/ (delete where applicable) wouldn't have stood for that! Shitebag of a Manager!"

So far I'm not a fan of him as a Manager but you can't question his passion.

To say 100% not a penalty I wouldn't agree with this at all, the defender didn't touch the ball but he did present a large obstacle to get by and stopped Morelos any chance of picking up the loose ball. Some refs would of given it and some wouldn't, I can guarantee if you take the same tackle to the half way line then its a free kick.

Thought McCrorie had a decent game considering it was his first start and didn't,t look any more out of place than some so called experienced players in recent old firm games. Agree that Pedro getting involved was embarrassing but I think he was pissed off at the lack off fight on the park. For me that was the biggest let down I admit that they as a team are technically and tactically ahead of us but there are ways to overcome that and it usually starts with hard work and bravery. That was sorely missing on Saturday, Hodsons pathetic attempt to clear the ball for the first goal was a case in point Rogic simply kept his on the ball to make sure of connecting with the ball while Hodson looked to have his closed and hoped to connect with the ball.

It hurts more because it comes after what feels like a trend in refs not giving the correct decision in recent games, what will happen is that we will end up getting a penalty or a red card in our favour for nothing and the media will go into melt down about it.

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

You had 2 days to watch a replay of the penalty incident before posting so why stand corrected now?

I've already explained that I didnt watch it again as it's the last thing I'd want to do. Do u want to watch any of that game again.

Honestly some of the reactions are laughable.

I'm entitled to my opinion. Not saying anyone has to agree with it. The penalty is still getting mixed reactions even if I have now seen it again and changed my mind.

This was all about my opinion too, hence the title, so claiming I'm passing anything off as factual is ridiculous.

As someone else said earlier it is detracting from the issue.. which is we were shite.

We deserved nothing from the game. That is my point, these matters that folk are getting hung up on means nothing as at the end of the day as we need to get Pedro to fuck.

As it turns out a lot are  agreeing with the brown and caixhina parts. Some feel mccrorie could have done better...

So all in all its not like none of my points are valid. It's cool though if some folk want to have a dig, then that's water off a ducks back.

Maybe my expectations as a Rangers fan are too high and I realise that moaning about these decisions don't change the fact we've been crap under Pedro and we aren't moving forward.

I've seen those penalties given so take issue with that but the rest of your post is fair enough.  I wouldn't be harsh with a centre back playing his second game for us though.

I think Pedro is trying the Charles Green tactic of picking on someone he knows will get the fans onside but there were far more pressing issues than Browns non-elbow such as why his team, full of his players had less possession than the Warburton team he managed in his first old firm game. That isn't making progress although the score line wasn't as bad, that wasn't down to anything the manager implemented. They had as many shots and as many on target as they did in the 5-1 game.

So in my mind Pedro is trying to set the narrative away from him and the team and onto other things.

6 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

I just look at opinions on here and mines differ so much for most of the key incidents.

Browns elbow, nothing in it for me. I hate him, but this happens every week and it's nothing.

Caixinha on brown, an embarrassment, ran out of ideas and has lost the plot.

The penalty appeal, never a penalty referee got it 100 per cent right. I didn't even think for a second that it was. Can understand if u were at the game you might think differently. On TV I thought he clearly got the ball.

Ross mccrorie's performance, average at best could have done better at both goals. Not the worst of our problems.

What a knob of a post mate .

That wins the worst post of the weekend award for me ffs

Why even bother

5 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I felt the referee was absolutely brutal for about the first 6 or 7 decisions he was left to decide on. In fact the big sarcastic applause from our fans when we finally got one pretty much echoed that thought. 

Dint know if anyone else noticed - when he booked Boyata he turned round to thompson and sarcasticallly clapped him  

Ive seen many players sent off for that 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

What a knob of a post mate .

That wins the worst post of the weekend award for me ffs

Why even bother

Because i think there's been so much hype of all these things and not enough on how poor we were and the lack of progress on the pitch is embarrassing.

Those things in the grand scheme of things mean nothing. It seems like Pedro has pulled a blinder and folk are busy complaining about those things instead of what a terrible job he is doing.

13 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Because i think there's been so much hype of all these things and not enough on how poor we were and the lack of progress on the pitch is embarrassing.

Those things in the grand scheme of things mean nothing. It seems like Pedro has pulled a blinder and folk are busy complaining about those things instead of what a terrible job he is doing.

Ok so you hate Pedro . We get that . So do many others on here . It's getting that way with me also

He has definitely not played a blinder in any way .

I guess you were reading all the papers today ? Maybe got to you .

Listen for me , he has everything nailed on about Brown and the media .

They are after him . And on this occasion I will defend him

We all know what a poor job he is doing . The record and position in the league says it all .

He is absolutely 100% to be going after Brown and anything else he chooses .

If it's anything anti the scum or the refs . I will back him 100%

It shows how desperate we've gotten when we're raging about a corner taken outside the semi circle, ffs it was a few inches, do you think it makes any difference, lots of players try it on as the ref is too busy watching the jostling in the box, as for the gaffer having a go at that cunt Broon it was fuckin embarrassing, it was a nothing incident but he felt the need to confront him instead of sorting his own team out,  Jack and the young lad McCrorie were the stand outs in my opinion, the rest were mediocre although Moreles tried hard, another doing by the scum and if we don't get sorted soon it will be ten in a row for the scum

5 hours ago, thegambler said:

I'm not sure that is the case, as I see it being done in Europe all the time. I'm open to being shown I'm wrong though. 

It was the case when I did my referees course. It isn't always enforced correctly, like foul throws etc. The ball must be placed in the quadrant not near the quadrant. There must be physical contact with the line.