Am I watching a different game

stewaj3

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It was the case when I did my referees course. It isn't always enforced correctly, like foul throws etc. The ball must be placed in the quadrant not near the quadrant. There must be physical contact with the line. 

Fair enough mate. You're obviously in a much better position than me to judge. I've had it wrong for a long time now, so good to know. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Smile said:

What refs like Thompson do is give us nothing till we are getting beat then give us silly calls that do not affect the game.

This!

And so few of us recognizing it, and taking them to task.

Refs, like thompson, and players like griffiths and brown, get free rides from players and fans alike.

So why should they change!

8 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Fair enough not how I saw it. Thought was a penalty when first saw it. Replays were all very clear to me, the player pulled out of the challenge and Morelos went down, all with no contact whatsoever. 

If with beer, blue tinted goggles I cant even say it's a penalty then it's hardly a stone waller.

IMO the wee man dived and was lucky not to get booked.

Funny how we see it differently.

He had no where to go but over that hills have eyes looking cunts legs. Still a penalty as he blocks any chance Morelos of getting the ball. He certainly did not dive.

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

He had no where to go but over that hills have eyes looking cunts legs. Still a penalty as he blocks any chance Morelos of getting the ball. He certainly did not dive.

Morelos doesnt need to get out the way of anything. How many times have we seen a guy go past a keeper and not hurdle him (when it would be simple to) and just let the keeper hit his leg - its a penalty in almost every instance and this is no  different.

9 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

If we didn't concede the 2nd goal the way we did. I'd have said he had a good game. 

I don't blame him for that tbh. As soon as we went down 1-0 he sacrificed another midfielder for another striker which basically meant we stopped doubling up on Roberts and Sinclair, Roberts predictably goes by Hodson with ease and leaves McCrorie basically one on one with the scumbag, who is a great player tbf. 

Penalty-  I wanted it.. But we cannot even all agree on here about it and ref supposedly needs to be 100% sure before he awards it.

Brown elbow-- he knew what he was doing but fairly Innocuous in my opinion.

Pedro at half time.- Can see both sides. He does look  a bit foolish tho. Would rather he hadn't done it.

Ball outside the quadrant at corners-  The linesman is standing about a yard away so he either thinks it's ok or he's too scared to do anything about it or he's a cheat..

Lots of small decisions, but they add up..