We need an enforcer

bordersbear

29 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Ian Ferguson wouldn't have stood for any of that shite on Saturday.

Badly miss a captain or even someone in the team who isn't afraid to kick some balls when players don't pull their weight.

Posted very similar on other threads.

Stuart McCall. T .Hurlock.  I. Fergie Bomber type urgently required.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

No we don't we need to win the battle first then let our ability win games. That's what the players need to understand. We might be the biggest and best club in the world but we've got to earn the right to play every single time we cross the line.

A game we had to win the battle and it took us about 35/40 minutes to put in our only meaningful tackle of the 1st half. 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

On another note what has happened to Rossiter again, he wasn't even on the bench on Saturday, I think if he is fit then he should be getting a chance, he needs a run of games to prove either way if he has it or not to play for a club the size of ours.

Rossiter is injured again.  Boy is fucked imho.

We need 6 or 7 players who will give us double figures in games with our strikers getting 20 plus each. Morelos seems to be on his way to doing that but other than dorrans no one else right now looks like contributing goals on a regular basis.

The reality is we can't just be playing Dorrans and Jack in midfield.  Windass is a lazy bastard and doesn't help out the full backs.  Pena covered the area well but never put one tackle in and also shat out of a tackle when he could have taken plastic hard man out. We're asking two players to do too much. Over to Pedro.

Our biggest problem, as it was last season, is in attack. Kenny Miller taking up a space in the squad and contributing nothing. Waghorn and Garner last season. Wingers who don't service, provide or support. A 20 year old kid is our only threat in the attacking third from 3, arguably 4 positions who play in that area. It's disgraceful. We were crying out for pace, skill and goals in the final third and we got a grafter and a cart horse and re-signed someone who was finished 3 years ago up for another year. It has been appalling squad management/building. Don't let the numbers fool you. 

53 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Posted very similar on other threads.

Stuart McCall. T .Hurlock.  I. Fergie Bomber type urgently required.

100%

To me Wallace is never captain material, has he ever gave someone a rollicking for doing something wrong during a match? Our team just now is full of pansies who are scared to say it how it is on the pitch.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

We need 6 or 7 players who will give us double figures in games with our strikers getting 20 plus each. Morelos seems to be on his way to doing that but other than dorrans no one else right now looks like contributing goals on a regular basis.

I think pena could be that man if he gets match sharpness with a run of games

The massive problem is the fullback areas leaving space in the channels.

If they bomb on, we are exposed, then our Cbs pull wide allowing a second striker or AM to stroll into our box to shoot. 

It needs 3-5-2.

Gives us an extra man in midfield to be the box to box option. Also means Dorrans and Pena can step forward and get closer to strikers when dominating games, instructed to shoot 

One quick attacker and a guy that can head up front 

Two wing backs to get up and down. Also lets Alves step forward to win headers but has two covering inbehind if he misses, conceeded a few this season with this.

Fod

Cardoso Alves McCrorie

Tav/Candieas                      Wallace/John

Jack

Dorrans               Pena

Herrera    Morelos

Thats my 2 cents.

10 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

The massive problem is the fullback areas leaving space in the channels.

If they bomb on, we are exposed, then our Cbs pull wide allowing a second striker or AM to stroll into our box to shoot. 

It needs 3-5-2.

Gives us an extra man in midfield to be the box to box option. Also means Dorrans and Pena can step forward and get closer to strikers when dominating games, instructed to shoot 

One quick attacker and a guy that can head up front 

Two wing backs to get up and down. Also lets Alves step forward to win headers but has two covering inbehind if he misses, conceeded a few this season with this.

Fod

Cardoso Alves McCrorie

Tav/Candieas                      Wallace/John

Jack

Dorrans               Pena

Herrera    Morelos

Thats my 2 cents.

Is that a 5-3-2? Edit: Just noticed the text under your team, so it's a 5-3-2!  Interesting team, and maybe that would make us more of an attacking threat.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

On another note what has happened to Rossiter again, he wasn't even on the bench on Saturday, I think if he is fit then he should be getting a chance, he needs a run of games to prove either way if he has it or not to play for a club the size of ours.

Beginning to look like we've been sold a pup, I thought about him on Saturday too. 

We're badly lacking in the midfield actually. Looking at our squad at the moment, got a number of players but no one who really stands out. None of our current midfield would get anywhere near a half decent team. 

I think the shite thing about Saturday was looking at the squad we were basically beat before we started. We don't have the players to put out a solid team which can keep it tight, grind out a draw, maybe even a win... Drift into cliché territory here but a Walter team. Our lineup was lambs to the slaughter and it showed.

For me the dream scenario would be Sam Allardyce with a few bob to spend. He'd put together a solid team to grind out wins. Be boring as fuck to watch maybe, but we doing a lot better than those pathetic cowards which have been bowing down to the scum all to often over the last few years. 

Mentally strength is the biggest problem, doesn't matter who we play if we loose a goal we fold like a deck chair you can see players losing confidence in front of your eyes. That's why there's this perception by Pedro that teams are more physical against us its total nonsense they just know that it gives them a better chance of getting something against us.

I thought a corner had been turned against Partick as we seemed to stand up in extra time and looked braver on the ball. Then on Saturday it was back to the usual apart from a two minute spell after their opener.

59 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Beginning to look like we've been sold a pup, I thought about him on Saturday too. 

We're badly lacking in the midfield actually. Looking at our squad at the moment, got a number of players but no one who really stands out. None of our current midfield would get anywhere near a half decent team. 

I think the shite thing about Saturday was looking at the squad we were basically beat before we started. We don't have the players to put out a solid team which can keep it tight, grind out a draw, maybe even a win... Drift into cliché territory here but a Walter team. Our lineup was lambs to the slaughter and it showed.

For me the dream scenario would be Sam Allardyce with a few bob to spend. He'd put together a solid team to grind out wins. Be boring as fuck to watch maybe, but we doing a lot better than those pathetic cowards which have been bowing down to the scum all to often over the last few years. 

No just fucking NO

55 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

This attitude is why Scottish football is in the pits. 

We didn't lose because we lack an 'enforcer'. We lost because they have better footballers than us. We need better footballers.

My point is during the halcyon days with gazza @ laudrup. We often had. I fergie.

McCall & Bomber. In the same side.

None of these were shrinking violets.

We need "brains" yes but we also require brawn.

We are far too soft. Esp in midfield