We need an enforcer

bordersbear

56 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

This attitude is why Scottish football is in the pits. 

We didn't lose because we lack an 'enforcer'. We lost because they have better footballers than us. We need better footballers.

Probably. However those on the park, particularly the midfield were far too easily brushed aside and must know they can do a lot better than that.

Also pedro playing Dorrans so deep is bizarre as you can see occasional flashes of genius when he is higher up the pitch, attacking rather just defending. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Alves70 said:

First thing we need to do in January is get Walker,McLean and Moult all tied up on pre-contacts. I know they are not exactly world beaters but I think they would significantly strengthen us for most of the games in Scotland.

We definitely also need to use the loan market better in January maybe bring in someone not getting a game for an EPL team who would improve us till the end of the season.

These 3 are average as fuck we need to look at players twice as good as them. Don't get the love in for these 3 guys. We need proven internationalists to move forward

25 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

My point is during the halcyon days with gazza @ laudrup. We often had. I fergie.

McCall & Bomber. In the same side.

None of these were shrinking violets.

We need "brains" yes but we also require brawn.

We are far too soft. Esp in midfield

Could you imagine that wee wank stain griffiths wiping snot on the corner flag if any of those were playing? Bomber would have shoved the thing up his arse and cleaned his nose on the way out.

38 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

My point is during the halcyon days with gazza @ laudrup. We often had. I fergie.

McCall & Bomber. In the same side.

None of these were shrinking violets.

We need "brains" yes but we also require brawn.

We are far too soft. Esp in midfield

I don't think we are struggling because we don't have anyone like I. Ferguson or McCall. I think it's more likely because we don't have anyone near the quality of Laudrup or Gazza. We need more talented players. Candeias is a hard worker down the right but not particularly skilful at beating a man. Windass just runs aimlessly with no end product and Pena again doesn't look like he's going to be the creative player we lack. We need some players with the ability to get on the ball and make things happen. Jack and Dorrans can win tackles in midfield but half the time they're covering for the fullbacks and then when they win the ball they've got no one to pass to.

Like others have said we need good footballers. 

Why go after a hard man type player when we could just go after players that are able to play football and have them pass it around the taigs? Every team in the champions league fucks them because they're better at football than them, not because they cut brown in half.

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Why go after a hard man type player when we could just go after players that are able to play football and have them pass it around the taigs? Every team in the champions league fucks them because they're better at football than them, not because they cut brown in half.

Those teams in the champions league don't lie down to them either. They can handle themselves physically .

1 minute ago, bordersbear said:

Those teams in the champions league don't lie down to them either. They can handle themselves physically .

That's because they don't fear them on a footballing level. Our team is getting bullied on the field because they're beat mentally before a ball is even kicked. 

Scott Brown and that taig team are never hard men. The shite they pull on the field because the rest of Scottish football let them run the show would have them battered to death on the streets. 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The problem is we have spent the last couple of seasons with average managers identifying average players to play for our club, our standards have dropped significantly in the last few years.

We need a board that are prepared to bring in a big name manager and give him a reasonable budget to build a team, their are still players I wouldn't entirely give up on but they need quality beside them.

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is that a 5-3-2? Edit: Just noticed the text under your team, so it's a 5-3-2!  Interesting team, and maybe that would make us more of an attacking threat.

Yea easy to become a 5 in defence.

I think it works with the players we have available.

Both fullbacks cant defend so lets unleash them going forward. 

We need three in the middle to control games so lets do that.

Everyone likes two up top,  tough away games we can play a second striker in behind.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Good footballers cost a lot of money & demand top dollar. Which we cannot afford.

Ray wilkins played the way you suggest.

So did barry ferguson.

Both got pelters for passing sideways and backwards. But they almost always passed the ball to a blue jersey

It would be great to have that quality.

At the moment that is a pipedream.

There can be players who are HARD but fair.

e.g. Stuart McCall who was a real midfield battler but could also play football.

We missed a player when Super!!!?????

Could have got A. Robertson from Q.P.  ifor 50k.

Now went to liverpool for £10.m.

Not many of those around i know.

But with the right scouting there are others out there.

5 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Good footballers cost a lot of money & demand top dollar. Which we cannot afford.

Ray wilkins played the way you suggest.

So did barry ferguson.

Both got pelters for passing sideways and backwards. But they almost always passed the ball to a blue jersey

It would be great to have that quality.

At the moment that is a pipedream.

There can be players who are HARD but fair.

e.g. Stuart McCall who was a real midfield battler but could also play football.

We missed a player when Super!!!?????

Could have got A. Robertson from Q.P.  ifor 50k.

Now went to liverpool for £10.m.

Not many of those around i know.

But with the right scouting there are others out there.

Good footballers don't have to cost a lot of money. If you've a good scouting system in place you can find good players without overspending.  

On 9/25/2017 at 04:46, MasterD said:

Na. We need good players.

In another thread, you mention how the teams of mon and Walter would beat this current scum mob.

MasterD, is it no a bit ironic to cite these teams when clearly these two managers, Mon in particular used 'hardmen' to make sure no one fucks with their talented players.

Could you tell me one era of Rangers dominance or in scottish football in general where the 'hardman' protector wasn't an integral part of their success?

Since I have been watching Rangers this role has been taken by among others:

Davie Meiklejohn

Harold Davis

John Greig

Tam Forsyth

Graeme Souness

Terry Hurlock

Graham Roberts

Ian Ferguson

BTW, Brenda is also a big believer in it

51 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

In another thread, you mention how the teams of mon and Walter would beat this current scum mob.

MasterD, is it no a bit ironic to cite these teams when clearly these two managers, Mon in particular used 'hardmen' to make sure no one fucks with their talented players.

Could you tell me one era of Rangers dominance or in scottish football in general where the 'hardman' protector wasn't an integral part of their success?

Davie Meiklejohn

Harold Davis

John Greig

Tam Forsyth

Graeme Souness

Terry Hurlock

Graham Roberts

Ian Ferguson

Do you know what else they teams had? Good players.

Stick a "hardman enforcer" in our team and it will still be shite because we're riddled with average footballers.

21 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Do you know what else they teams had? Good players.

Stick a "hardman enforcer" in our team and it will still be shite because we're riddled with average footballers.

Those managers believe, by their inclusion in their teams, that it is absolutely essential to have a 'hardman' protector to allow good players to perform.

It's clear you believe 'good players' are necessary; however, what is not clear, is whether or not you believe the inclusion of a 'hardman' protector is also necessary for a team to be successful in scottish football. Do you?

1 hour ago, baxterboy said:

Davie Meiklejohn

Harold Davis

John Greig

Tam Forsyth

Graeme Souness

Terry Hurlock

Graham Roberts

Ian Ferguson

It was graeme souness who signed terry hurlock from millwall..

He signed a lot of good footballers but he also wanted a "hard man" in midfield.

I would also add stuart McCall and Bomber to that illustrious list.