The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

15 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

Looks like typical Daily Rhebel shit stirring...  Here's the link from Rangers Observer:

"Pedro reads the Riot Act to underperforming players

September 26, 2017

Pedro Caixinha has left his Rangers players in no doubt about his expectations for the rest of the season, after a full and frank debrief at the Rangers Training Centre following Saturday's Old Firm defeat. 

Pedro gave Rangers fans a glimpse of his willingness for the fight during the game, when he confronted Scott Brown after the celtic player elbowed Alfredo Morelos - the latest in a series of unpunished elbows by Brown on Rangers players in recent Old Firm fixtures. Now it is the Rangers squad who are feeling the brunt of his determination to improve the fortunes of our club. 

Pedro stressed the need for the squad to work together in the coming months and put together a run of results to move Rangers into a better league position and progress in the League Cup. He has made it clear that he expects the British members of the squad and the new arrivals from Portugal, Mexico and Colombia to work together to address the inconsistency that has plagued the start of the season. 

There was always going to be a period of adjustment with so many new players from both the domestic scene and abroad, but it is clear Caixinha feels that the process of bedding the squad in should now be complete and that there can be no more excuses in Rangers' quest for trophies. 

The gaffer has told his foreign imports that they need to ensure that they have fully integrated themselves with the British core of the squad and has urged his domestic players to do whatever is necessary to complete that process. He wants the players all fighting together for the jersey and for the fans. 

A source close to the dressing room has told the Rangers Observer that the message was well received by the squad and that they are more determined than ever to show both Pedro and the Rangers support that they have the quality, determination and fight to properly represent our club on the pitch. 

Caixinha has talked before about the need for our players to win the battle on the pitch whilst also playing football. The fans and the manager will expect the squad to show the required qualities and bounce back from a disappointing Old Firm weekend with a win against Hamilton on Friday"

In reading that - that's exactly what you'd expect a manager to be doing after the display on sat. Glad to see he has some passion and fight! 

Surely the leak is Miller.

as soon as he's dropped bang inside scoop on the back pages.

he's a cretin see the state of him when he came on at the weekend, flapping his arms up and down shaking his beady knapper, that mad 50 yard run towards the goalie to find a pass. Thanks but no thanks Kenny.

In fact I had mckay fingered for the mhedia grass but as it's still happening it seems Miller may well be the enemy at the gates. 

Makes sense as he's completely finished as a footballer.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Before Pedro came in i wanted Neil Warnock. I know hes old school and knocking on a bit, but that guy can get results and gets players to fight for him.

I still think he would be a good short term appointment but i would like to see some money coming in and a well thought out realistic short-medium & long term plan for the clubs progression.

Bringing in dud after dud isn't going give us the platform and stability we need to get back to the top.

Given his Cardiff team are flying at the moment, something drastic would need to happen at both us & them for it to be a possibility, I reckon.

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

I expect the Rangers Observer are trying to play it down. Or the rags have made it up.

Whatever the situation, it isn't good. 

Why isn't it good? I think it shows our manager trying to get the squad to gell - pointing out the issues and asking for them to be sorted - the rags then try to sensationalise it. To me it is good! 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why isn't it good? I think it shows our manager trying to get the squad to gell - pointing out the issues and asking for them to be sorted - the rags then try to sensationalise it. To me it is good! 

It's not good if the manager didn't authorise its exposure, and by the sound's of it he didn't.

Leaked or not it's hardly a surprise after the performance at the weekend.

The core of the story is Pedro telling his players they have to pull the fucking finger out and play like a team. That's not a meltdown, it's reminding them there are fans who pay good money to see them kick a ball. And that those fans have expectations that Rangers players, wherever they've come from, will fight for every point.

It''s just what any supporter would have said to them.

1 minute ago, sairheid_bear said:

Leaked or not it's hardly a surprise after the performance at the weekend.

The core of the story is Pedro telling his players they have to pull the fucking finger out and play like a team. That's not a meltdown, it's reminding them there are fans who pay good money to see them kick a ball. And that those fans have expectations that Rangers players, wherever they've come from, will fight for every point.

It''s just what any supporter would have said to them.

It's also reminding them of their duties as a team. There is no room for big egos in a team. As Pele once said, "the only way to win is as a team. Football is not about one, or two, or three star players". It's good to have good players, but it's better to have a team, with a team ethic. I'm happy to have a manager who appears to have reminded these players of that.

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's a way of looking at it.

The way I see it, the players aren't doing what Pedro wants. I'm not saying Pedro is in the wrong, I'm not saying the players are in the wrong. But the bit in bold is all i care about.

1 hour ago, Mr Soprano said:

Still howling at that cunt saying it's Jimmy Bell :lol:

A) it was just a suggestion

B) you would be surprised what people would do for a bit of cash. 

C) We have had a leak from inside our dressing room for years. What's (or who) is the only constant over all those years?

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

It's a way of looking at it.

The way I see it, the players aren't doing what Pedro wants. I'm not saying Pedro is in the wrong, I'm not saying the players are in the wrong. But the bit in bold is all i care about.

Or he just wants them to do it quicker - he's is under pressure - team has not gelled and there was a 'discussion' - I do think the Rangers observer report is probably the more accurate of the two and    The record sensationalised it - and to get to your point it could well be a step to getting the players to do what Pedro wants! 

3 hours ago, Gustav said:

he's done a very, very good job with the sheep and knows what it taker to establish a team as number 2 in Scotland. That's our next aim.

I'd rather Wright but would defo have McInnes.

How about getting a manager capable of getting us to number 1?

Any average manager could emulate what the sheep have done in the last 5 years, ie be better than the rest of the spfl dross, a league, in spells,  with no Rangers hivs or hearts, the league cup is their best chance for silverware and they got pumped out by motherwell