The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He said he loves Aberdeen and doesn't want to move in a tv interview. He plainly doesn't give a fuck about Rangers and probably never did.

The only capacity he will be coming to Ibrox is as the sheep manager. Get over it. Starting to come across as a right wee bunny boiler now.

Pedro is here for the forseeable future no matter what Jackson writes, the Sun copies and the agenda driven element of our support push for.

haha its easy to say that when there isn't a job available mcinnes would walk to glasgow mate  

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Graham Spiers said that Derek McInnes was willing to join us while we were still in the Championship.  We went for Warburton instead, and it looks like we passed him by again in favour of Pedro. 

In any case, McInnes has now signed a new deal with Aberdeen that will keep him there until 2020.  We couldn't afford to pay Aberdeen the compensation fee they would want for his services.  He won't be coming here.

Course we can dont kid yourself on mate.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

He would have been a sensible, but uninspired, choice but of the two I know who I would have preffered to get the job.

The season`s pretty much over so I`d also bring in McLeish and hope the club comes up with some sort of long term plan to stop 10 as we`ll only have 3 more attempts. At the time I thought it was a bit bizarre that we were looking for a long term manager, an appointment we couldn`t really afford to get wrong, in February or whenever it was. The best managers won`t be available mid season and its unlikely we`ll pay anything major for a manager under contract so think letting Eck have the reigns until then is probably our best bet, he himself said on BT that the next manager can`t just rip up the team sheet and start again but will have to organise and get the best out of the current players.

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

haha its easy to say that when there isn't a job available mcinnes would walk to glasgow mate  

Yet he didn't apply for the Rangers manager job last season? Lose his trainers did he? 

He was happy to go for an interview with Sunderland though.

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've never seen one person claim McInnes would get us the treble yet you talk about other people's agendas like you've just fitted that into yours ...

?

I was exaggerating about the treble part. McInnes clearly has no interest in us anyway other than to take points off us with the team he loves.

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

No one is saying mcinnes is the man to lead us back consistently into Europe but he is defo the guy to get us back to challenging them for trophies whilst asserting ourselves back in scotland ffs.

Lets do that then worry about Europe 

This is it for me I'm not even a big Fan of McInnes as Manager but I can see he would steady the ship and know the score regarding the Filth.

Mental how wound up some folk get at the very notion of McInnes replacing their beloved Pedro :lol: 

for what it's worth what some of us think "should" happen and what actually "will" happen is 2 totally different things so let's all just be civil to each other and agree Pedros a shite manager that will do for starters 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mental how wound up some folk get at the very notion of McInnes replacing their beloved Pedro :lol: 

for what it's worth what some of us think "should" happen and what actually "will" happen is 2 totally different things so let's all just be civil to each other and agree Pedros a shite manager that will do for starters 

If we sack Caixinha, which won't happen anytime soon anyway, then after going through two managers in as many years we need to reassess the criteria we are going through quite radically. I would hope we would be going for someone a bit more top drawer than McInnes or some of the other names put about. We can't keep giving the job to people hoping they pull it off; we need to get someone who we can almost guarantee makes a difference, with a budget to match that expectation. In saying that, I hope this manager we have now does the business, starting tomorrow evening.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

If we sack Caixinha, which won't happen anytime soon anyway, then after going through two managers in as many years we need to reassess the criteria we are going through quite radically. I would hope we would be going for someone a bit more top drawer than McInnes or some of the other names put about. We can't keep giving the job to people hoping they pull it off; we need to get someone who we can almost guarantee makes a difference, with a budget to match those expectation. In saying that, I hope this manager we have now does the business, starting tomorrow evening.

People arguing for McInnes though is because they think he's the safe bet to improve us - no-ones saying treble winners like someone's tried to claim earlier but an instant improvement and a chance to progress properly - walk before running type of idea 

Just now, K.A.I said:

People arguing for McInnes though is because they think he's the safe bet to improve us - no-ones saying treble winners like someone's tried to claim earlier but an instant improvement and a chance to progress properly - walk before running type of idea 

That's what we've been doing for the last two seasons though. This is Rangers, if they have Rodgers, then McInnes does not fit the requirement, if we sack Caixinha; not in my opinion anyway.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's what we've been doing for the last two seasons though. This is Rangers, if they have Rodgers, then McInnes does not fit the requirement, if we sack Caixinha; not in my opinion anyway.

We've not progressed in two seasons though we've not really pushed on from when we got promoted 

Just now, K.A.I said:

We've not progressed in two seasons though we've not really pushed on from when we got promoted 

It depends what progress is. We can't sack a manager for someone just as uncertain. There is always uncertainty in football, but I'd like to see us hedge against that a bit more with a better manager, top drawer, if this manager is given the heave ho. Hopefully Caixinha gets it right, but if he doesn't, McInnes is not the answer.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

It depends what progress is. We can't sack a manager for someone just as uncertain. There is always uncertainty in football, but I'd like to see us hedge against that a bit more with a better manager, top drawer, if this manager is given the heave ho. Hopefully Caixinha gets it right, but if he doesn't, McInnes is not the answer.

But McInnes isn't uncertain he's done it past few seasons with Aberdeen 

hes just a preference if someone else is picked then fair enough but I'll be delighted to have the debate when Pedro is eventually punted - that needs to come first - he needs to go before he sinks us even lower.

people can blame Jackson or the Scottish media all they want but Pedro provides these quotes and snippets for them to run with i dread every press conference because they are just embarrassing to me - seeing the devil, best team in Scotland, best players in Scotland, bull fighting, Las Vegas, im an elephant, dogs and caravans, Aberdeen are on their way down, McInnes wants my job etc etc the list is endless and he can't back up any of his b.s