The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It depends what progress is. We can't sack a manager for someone just as uncertain. There is always uncertainty in football, but I'd like to see us hedge against that a bit more with a better manager, top drawer, if this manager is given the heave ho. Hopefully Caixinha gets it right, but if he doesn't, McInnes is not the answer.

McInnes is in no way just as uncertain.

44 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I never said that. He said he loves Aberdeen. His words, not mine!

I will leave our conversation there as you are being a pedantic bore and I don't  intend to explain everything to you twice.

He can't as a Rangers man working as the Aberdeen manager say anything else can he?

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Still don't see your point? 

Can you not grasp that if Aberdeen lose to Motherwell away it's not a shock? He's hardly in charge of a multi million pound team 

No think there's a reason why, especially now since he shat it from the chance to actually manage a multi million quid team

Just now, Big Al II said:

He can't as a Rangers man working as the Aberdeen manager say anything else can he?

Kenny McLean too, big Rangers fan, big orange/loyalist family said it too he loves it at Aberdeen 

professionals think different to your average fan - through the years I've seen die hard tarriers in every sense of the word cheer goals and wins against celtic like they'd won the Euro millions and it's the way it should be 

5 minutes ago, Gustav said:

McInnes is in no way just as uncertain.

I disagree, McInnes would not impact this club and make a statement to other clubs in this league that we mean business. We need to go for someone more top drawer. They have a good manager, even I have to admit that now, and we need to match them there, if we get to the stage where we admit Caixinha has well and truly failed. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No think there's a reason why, especially now since he shat it from the chance to actually manage a multi million quid team

Sunderland are a club going downhill rapidly, if he went there and bombed which he would have his stock would have fallen. He made the right call.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I disagree, McInnes would not impact this club and make a statement to other clubs in this league that we mean business. We need to go for someone more top drawer. They have a good manager, even I have to admit that now, and we need to match them there; if we get to the stage where we admit Caixinha has well and truly failed. 

We can't afford a top drawer manager though.

McInnes wouldn't excite me to be fair, but he has enough experience in our league that I think he would be the starting influence we need. I don't get what McCleish has done in the last 10 years that would make him a good candidate.

I don't think McInnes would be a bad appointment, if given time and money could be a great appointment. 

We'd all love a Sounness type revolution, but it's not going to happen, not with current profit and investment levels.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats up to the board and their investment promises

Well you know as well as I do we cant get a Rodgers type appointment, it's about getting the best man we can and that ain't Pedro.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If that's the case then it's worth a debate in itself.

Of course it is, they don't have a lot of money so we need to work within the budget we have.

Just now, Big Al II said:

McInnes wouldn't excite me to be fair, but he has enough experience in our league that I think he would be the starting influence we need. I don't get what McCleish has done in the last 10 years that would make him a good candidate.

I don't think McInnes would be a bad appointment, if given time and money could be a great appointment. 

We'd all love a Sounness type revolution, but it's not going to happen, not with current profit and investment levels.

I Take all of that on board and you make good points there but my thoughts are we need to bridge a gap before we are in any position for a revolution ... we need progress to a level that toppling the tarriers is the next (realistic) aim because right now that's 3 or 4 in front 

a McInnes or Tommy Wright would bridge that and take us to that stage where we are a stage away from topping the tarriers - that's where the investment and a higher caliber of manager would come in and would be easier to attract to once we are at that stage

its far too big a jump to go from where we are now under Pedro to topping the tarriers there's too much work in between that needs to happen and that's what I think a McInnes would be perfect for - and I don't think he's the man to win us trebles and get to champions league - that's where the next phase of improvement should happen 

I don't know if I've explained that well tbh 

I don't think Caixinha is going to be here very long anyway, possibly three years maximum, possibly two, if he stayed for the time he wished to stay. The club  has the potential to develop, off the park, in the next while; where that takes us is hopefully to a much better situation than we are at just now and it would be the sensible thing to see that possibility. Where that leads us eventually is anyone's guess, but hopefully one day relatively soon we are going for top drawer managers again.

There's a fair few on here who argue that those who'd stick with PC are holding Rangers back, and are 'part of the problem' and are overseeing a 'drop in standards'. 

I can't see how you can say that, and then advocate for McLeish or McInnes. They are both bang average. McLeish left us in 3rd place (same as MW/PC and with a vastly superior budget) and McInnes has one league cup to his name with Aberdeen and consistently didn't do the business when they had a real opportunity to overtake the filth. 

If Pedro gets the bullet then so be it (results have been poor), but surely that should only be done to make way for a significantly better option. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There's a fair few on here who argue that those who'd stick with PC are holding Rangers back, and are 'part of the problem' and are overseeing a 'drop in standards'. 

I can't see how you can say that, and then advocate for McLeish or McInnes. They are both bang average. McLeish left us in 3rd place (same and MW/PC and with a vastly superior budget) and McInnes has one league cup to his name with Aberdeen and consistently didn't do the business when they had a real opportunity to overtake the filth. 

If Pedro gets the bullet then so be it (results have been poor), but surely that should only be done to make way for a significantly better option. 

I completely agree with this, Swapping like for like is just us chasing our tail and going round in circles whilst they continue to advance forward. It's getting to the time when we really need to make a move, if we're going to change anything.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

But McInnes isn't uncertain he's done it past few seasons with Aberdeen 

hes just a preference if someone else is picked then fair enough but I'll be delighted to have the debate when Pedro is eventually punted - that needs to come first - he needs to go before he sinks us even lower.

people can blame Jackson or the Scottish media all they want but Pedro provides these quotes and snippets for them to run with i dread every press conference because they are just embarrassing to me - seeing the devil, best team in Scotland, best players in Scotland, bull fighting, Las Vegas, im an elephant, dogs and caravans, Aberdeen are on their way down, McInnes wants my job etc etc the list is endless and he can't back up any of his b.s

The cunt Traynor is hanging him out to dry with support from the board. Pressers used to be 5 mins ,why the fuck are we doing 15 minutes when every other manager gets a 5 minute slot. Traynor may also be the leak to his mates in the mhedia in return for a wee bit cash. The club is currently toxic with people who should be fucking nowhere near our club. Over to you Mini and Dave

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I can't see how you can say that, and then advocate for McLeish or McInnes. They are both bang average. McLeish left us in 3rd place (same as MW/PC and with a vastly superior budget) and McInnes has one league cup to his name with Aberdeen and consistently didn't do the business when they had a real opportunity to overtake the filth. 

I've explained my stance on McInnes though check the most recent one think it was Big Al II I quoted for it ... McLeish I could take or leave tbh you need to remember that although finishing 3rd was unacceptable he got us to last 16 of CL that year and if it wasn't for Boyd sleeping we would have played Arsenal in the 1/4's 

that team had the likes of Namouchi, Rae, Malcolm, Watterus, Ross all playing regular 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

McInnes or Wright would be a significantly better option.