The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

27 minutes ago, Gustav said:

There is left field and there is the point where an intervention is needed. 

folk are crying out for McInnes. there's not one bit of difference in ability between McInnes and reid .

Billy Reid has taken his side from the first qualifying round and knocked out some decent sides on the way .but all because McInnes is doing an above average job under our noses he's the man 

Just now, magic8ball said:

folk are crying out for McInnes. there's not one bit of difference in ability between McInnes and reid .

Billy Reid has taken his side from the first qualifying round and knocked out some decent sides on the way .but all because McInnes is doing an above average job under our noses he's the man 

He is the assistant manager at some mob from Sweden nobody has heard of.

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Aberdeen wanted £1m for McLean who is available for us to sign on a pre-contract in January.  Aberdeen will fight tooth and nail to keep McInnes who is contracted to them until 2020.

Paying off Pedro and his staff, or even putting them on gardening leave, would a huge amount of resources flushed away.  Having to then fight with Aberdeen over a compensation fee for their manager, who they rate very highly, would be a nightmare.  We would then need to pay McInnes and bring in his staff and players.

It would cost millions of pounds to pull that off and I doubt we're in a position to do it.

If we are not in a position to have a plan B if Pedro isn't up to the job then the board are not doing their job either.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Aberdeen wanted £1m for McLean who is available for us to sign on a pre-contract in January.  Aberdeen will fight tooth and nail to keep McInnes who is contracted to them until 2020.

I'm not even a big fan of McLean but I genuinely think we would have been better off paying the million they wanted for him rather than splashing the money we did on Pena.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Well if that's the case he hasn't recruited well at all. It isn't the case though thankfully.

Even when we've had a strong team, Latin American and Portuguese players have never really been successful at Rangers or in Scotland in general.

Have you seen anything so far that suggests Dalcio, Pena, Herrera, candeas or Cardozo will be exceptions to this trend?  I've certainly not!  

Re the others:

Alves is good but a short term fix - prob 2 years max before he retires

Morelos look good and hopefully we are not forced to sell him.

The jury is still out on Jack and Dorrans.

So I'd say his signings are not great. Sounds like you don't agree and I respect your opinion of that is the case.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well there's not really much sun here to shine.

Average players looking for a payday, sad to say. If your going to do average, then get in among all the home grown dross, just like the sheep. They're successful arent they? I fell 3001 might be their year.

The harsh reality is that high risk experiments like Pedro will just mean it will be even longer before we properly mount a challenge again.

I wouldn't want to copy an Aberdeen type model but given where we are at the moment there is merit in trying to steady the ship with a British core to our team and then build from that.  

This ludicrous mix of 50% British and 50% Latin style footballers is literally a first in world football and is already proving to be unsuccessful! 3 wins in 7.

On 27/09/2017 at 07:52, FlippinEck said:

I think it's a reaction to Kenny being told he is being fazed out of the squad. If anything, dorrans giving Kenny the armband could have sparked something. Dorrans was never a captain on Saturday anyway. 

See ya Kenny:tu:

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

McInnes brother in law is a taxi driver and a celtic fan he's picked me up a couple of times in Renfrew and he says he'd walk down to Glasgow for the job - that's coming from the source 

I think I said it before and people don't believe me but he said it (unless he was lying about related to McInnes then I've no control over that )

Walk? He would fucking crawl if he had to,  make no doubts the guy is a bear but he has to make a living and if that means managing the sheep then so be it Big Eck humped us time after time playing for them,  he's was  still a bear the last time I looked 

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I'm not even a big fan of McLean but I genuinely think we would have been better off paying the million they wanted for him rather than splashing the money we did on Pena.

Thinking about it now I reckon he would have offered us much more than what Dorrans has done at the minute McLean that is