Rangers to play in Florida Cup January 2018

eskbankloyal

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Was hoping for another trip like Leipzig but will be good for those able to get there.

I like euro trips same as the next guy but I think competitions like this where there's at least some level of competition is better than just friendlies 

Loved the Emirates cup a few years ago, Arsenal vs Athletico and all you can hear is us singing Follow Follow :crywank:

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

I like euro trips same as the next guy but I think competitions like this where there's at least some level of competition is better than just friendlies 

Meh, still friendlies at the end of the day, doubt too many will be fussed if win this.

Just now, Gustav said:

Meh, still friendlies at the end of the day, doubt too many will be fussed if win this.

I mean for the team there's at least a level of competition plus 2 games in a row instead of one meaningless friendly, yes it is meaningless too but there's respect to be earned

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Trips to Canada trips to Florida. I'd prefer if we actually concentrated on doing something on the park here before going globetrotting.

Can't even win 3 games in a row never mind glamour trips.

This is true but it will be about promoting our brand in these places as the tarriers are ahead at the moment in that aspect 

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Trips to Canada trips to Florida. I'd prefer if we actually concentrated on doing something on the park here before going globetrotting.

Can't even win 3 games in a row never mind glamour trips.

I take your point, but it could be an opportunity to play Barjonas, McCrorie, Beerman, and Hardie alongside the first team to find out a bit more about them, and get them adjusted to first team football more. You'd like to think the whole squad would have a go here.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is true but it will be about promoting our brand in these places as the tarriers are ahead at the moment in that aspect 

I honestly don't think they are. Outside of the sevco brigade the old firm is the old firm. We come as a package on foreign shores.

Ourselves and the tarriers don't have a huge fan base outside ex pats. The fact they use their Irish roots to promote themselves you'll get people that jump on that bandwagon making it look like they have a larger support.

The fact we've had Bocanegra Beasley and  Reyna all USA legends playing for us and there has still not been any brand promotion through that shows we never will have any.

6 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I honestly don't think they are. Outside of the sevco brigade the old firm is the old firm. We come as a package on foreign shores.

Ourselves and the tarriers don't have a huge fan base outside ex pats. The fact they use their Irish roots to promote themselves you'll get people that jump on that bandwagon making it look like they have a larger support.

The fact we've had Bocanegra Beasley and  Reyna all USA legends playing for us and there has still not been any brand promotion through that shows we never will have any.

There will be some money in it for us though and we're not really in a financial position to turn it down

7 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

celtic are far and away more famous in USA than Rangers are

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Brilliant I'll be booking this when I'm home tomorrow 

£340 ish on Sky scanner Glasgow to Orlando via Gatwick that's Sunday the 7th returning a week later. Seems not bad was just pricing it up won't bother myself. Are you going to Canada in a couple of weeks for the Benfica game ? 

6 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

£340 ish on Sky scanner Glasgow to Orlando via Gatwick that's Sunday the 7th returning a week later. Seems not bad was just pricing it up won't bother myself. Are you going to Canada in a couple of weeks for the Benfica game ? 

Yes mate going to Canada too there's a wee group of us that go everywhere no matter if it's the North Pole lol that price looks alright but we need to see when the last game is before we can book - if its 2 games in 3 days or something a lot of the lads won't stay a week due to work etc 

edit seen it's 10-20th

Other clubs besides the ones named  i believe are,

Racing (Arg) , Leipzig (Ger), Leverkusen (Ger),Fluminense (Bra), Pachuca (Mex)

Chapocoense (Bra), Kashima Antlers (Jap), Santa Fe (Col) Sporting Crystal (Per) Jacksonville Armada (Usa).

7 minutes ago, jcb said:

Other clubs besides the ones named  i believe are,

Racing (Arg) , Leipzig (Ger), Leverkusen (Ger),Fluminense (Bra), Pachuca (Mex)

Chapocoense (Bra), Kashima Antlers (Jap), Santa Fe (Col) Sporting Crystal (Per) Jacksonville Armada (Usa).

Must be some kind of draw then no way we'd be playing that many games :lol: