Rangers to play in Florida Cup January 2018

eskbankloyal

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Won't earn a lot obviously but it gets 'the brand' out there, don't see anything negative to this at all.

Some good teams playing too don’t see a downside in this if it’s cancelled again but then you’ve ten day Florida trip with villa in jan perfect 

I dont think that we want players to be getting a month off mid season. Much better to have a training camp in Florida and play a few games against sides that we have never played against before.

Has to raise the clubs profile in the countries of our oppoments as well. Plus I can get to the games.

I see nothing but positives in this trip.

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Seems to be a decentish tournament and will help get the Rangers brand out there.

Also a chance for the ex-pats to see their team live.

Or people on RM to moan about us going there :lol:

I think is no disadvantage especial if you treat it more as training camp. There is many teams this year but still only play 2 of them. Many of the teams here in South America that are in this especially my team and hpta Nacional will treat this as training because it is pre-season for us and because of this the teams will not be full of strength and many substitutions in the games. 

23 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I looked it up last week. Flights are cheap as chips but hotels seem to be extortionate unless you want to stay at one of those motels from American movies where every one gets murdered.

It depends where you stay mate. I'd rent a car so stay away from international drive and you'll get a decent hotel for 10 days for £700.00 roughly. Hotels.com or Expedia. 

2 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

It depends where you stay mate. I'd rent a car so stay away from international drive and you'll get a decent hotel for 10 days for £700.00 roughly. Hotels.com or Expedia. 

I'm just waiting on seeing where we play. I mean we can't play that many games because we have Scottish Cup on the 20th. 

I've never been but say I book a hotel in Orlando and we get a game in Miami, St Petersburg / Tampa etc is it easy to get there?

19 hours ago, Gustav said:

Won't earn a lot obviously but it gets 'the brand' out there, don't see anything negative to this at all.

Yeah i agree ...i was just wondering about it..the more we get out there the better ..it can only be a positive 

11 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Colombian pal at work is from medellin, big follower of nacional he's excited for this, reckons morelos will be a fantastic player for us

Be careful of any fucking hpta malparido paisa that is nacional fan. nacional is the celtic of Colombia. they are fucking green and ehite scum. He talk from his ass too as this tournament not make any news here.

Just now, denya said:

Be careful of any fucking hpta malparido paisa that is nacional fan. nacional is the celtic of Colombia. they are fucking green and ehite scum. He talk from his ass too as this tournament not make any news here.

Yassssss fucking hit him Dennis

6 hours ago, denya said:

Haha 

23 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm just waiting on seeing where we play. I mean we can't play that many games because we have Scottish Cup on the 20th. 

I've never been but say I book a hotel in Orlando and we get a game in Miami, St Petersburg / Tampa etc is it easy to get there?

Orlando to Tampa or St Petes is okay about 2 hours each way. Miami is a longer trek.  If I were to go I'd wait for the announcement on Monday which will advise (I assume and hope) where we play, when we play and who we play.  I'd then book accommodation for a few days at each location so for example one game in Tampa I'd stay there maybe three nights then say we had another game in Orlando I'd stay there three nights. My understanding is we'd play only two games and we'd participate in the initial stage only flying home for the Scottish Cup. So I'd guess the team will head out on the 7th or 8th and fly back 17th or 18th. Should be clearer on Monday.