Bayern sack ancelotti

linfield1690

Carlo Ancelotti has left his role as coach at Bayern Munich, the club confirmed on Thursday afternoon.

The news follows Bayern's 3-0 humbling at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Wednesday -- their biggest Champions League group-stage defeat in 21 years.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge warned there would be consequences following the defeat in France, with SportBild reporting on Thursday morning that a meeting was due to be held later in the day to discuss Ancelotti's future.

A statement released shortly before 4 p.m. CET read: "Following an internal analysis in Munich on Thursday 28 September 2017, FC Bayern München have announced the club is to part company with head coach Carlo Ancelotti with immediate effect. Assistant coach Willy Sagnol will take charge of the team on an interim basis."

Sagnol will take charge for Sunday's trip to Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga as they look to improve on an indifferent start to the season, where they have lost one and drawn one of their opening six games to leave them third.

Bayern have conceded more goals in their first 10 games this season than they did in the opening 10 games of the last two seasons combined. The club's problems stretch back to April 4 of last season; they've won only 11 of their last 21 matches in all competitions, with six losses.

Rummenigge said: "The team's performances since the start of the season have not matched the expectations that we set. The game in Paris showed clearly that we had to take action.

"That is what [sporting director] Hasan Salihamidzic and I explained to Carlo in an open and serious discussion today, and we informed him of our decision. I would like to thank Carlo for the collaboration and regret the way things have developed.

"Carlo is my friend and will remain so, but we needed to take a professional decision for the good of Bayern Munich. I now expect a positive improvement from the team and a total willingness to perform so that we can reach our objectives for this season."

Former Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel and current Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann have been linked to the job.

Ancelotti won the Bundesliga title in his debut season at Bayern after replacing Pep Guardiola in 2016, but he saw his side knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid at the quarterfinal stage and by Borussia Dortmund in the DFB Pokal semifinals.

Coaches Davide Ancelotti, Giovanni Mauri, Francesco Mauri and Mino Fulco have also left the club.

4 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Klopp will be their number one choice but I think they'll bring in Tuchel for the time being. 

Ancelotti and Bayern just haven't been a good fit. 

Maybe Pedro will get the shout .?

Wouldn't it be great to have the money to be able to sack at the drop of a hat 

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's just like the mhankies to get this lucky. Two of the teams in their group in turmoil, having sacked their managers.

Tbf this might give bayern a kick up the arse as the players were clearly trying to get Carlo sacked and celtic probably would've got a result against them. 

Now they can get the right guy in and stuff the fenians. 

2 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Klopp will be their number one choice but I think they'll bring in Tuchel for the time being. 

Ancelotti and Bayern just haven't been a good fit. 

If Liverpool could get a direct swap that would be incredible for them.

37 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wonder if the people who slated Guardiola and class his time at Bayern a failure, will re-evaluate that thinking, since the mighty Ancelotti has been poor. Doubt it though as doesn't suit their biased agenda!

Bayern were due to appoint Nagelsmann in the summer, wonder if that will happen early or if they go with a stop gap until the summer.

Just because Ancelotti's been poor it doesn't excuse Guardiola, his performances in the CL were abysmal, he took the best team in Europe and took them backwards.

Hasan Salihamidzic will be shitting himself too.

He's clearly out of his depth and Bayern fans have been pretty pissed he got appointed and with what he has done since he came in.

I wonder if Matthias Sammer is over his illness. Wouldn't bet against him being appointed caretaker until the end of the season cause Willy Sagnol won't cut it. He was a terrible manager at Bordeaux.

On 28/09/2017 at 19:22, Rangers_no1 said:

Read comments from Bayern fans on other forums who are adamant his style was an improvement on the team and was just the odd times the team didn't show up against 2 extremely good teams in Barca and Madrid.

Read plenty of comments myself that say the complete opposite, that's without mentioning club officials and Guardiola even saying himself that he'd walk away if the fans and or board were unhappy with his style.  

Also, he made it to 2 semi finals out of 3. Knocked out last year to Real Madrid after he again failed to get past one of the top teams. 

He wasn't necessarily a failure at Bayern, he just never improved them and definitely made them more boring. 

Can't remember too many heartbroken fans coming out when he decided to move on.