The Rugby thread

MisterC

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

S

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sorry mate, I was a bit distracted when making my post and thought something was up but goodness only knows how that happened. Apologies again. Glad I didn't get a link as Scotland got pumped and I dare say a few players have played themselves out of a world cup place

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

S

Sorry mate, I was a bit distracted when making my post and thought something was up but goodness only knows how that happened. Apologies again. Glad I didn't get a link as Scotland got pumped and I dare say a few players have played themselves out of a world cup place

πŸ˜‚ I think that previous post was about the Super Rugby final!

That line up change for the All Blacks clearly worked. Absolutely drilled Australia today.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

πŸ˜‚ I think that previous post was about the Super Rugby final!

That line up change for the All Blacks clearly worked. Absolutely drilled Australia today.

I believe it was! Aye I saw the score today that is some revenge after last week. Not often you keep a clean sheet either in international rugby

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I believe it was! Aye I saw the score today that is some revenge after last week. Not often you keep a clean sheet either in international rugby

Watched most of it. NZ were immense in defence, a lot of last ditch tackles to keep them at bay.Β 

Whitelock and Tuipoluto were outstanding.Β 

Scotland were awful tonight, absolutely would not compete on any level. What's the point of a world cup warm up, when the players are determined not to do anything in order to risk an injury?? Terrible viewing, these warm up games are total waste of time - play them behind closed doors of that's how treat them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2019 at 18:53, siddiqi_drinker said:

Chester Williams passed today --- only 49 -- too youngΒ 

Great playerΒ 

I hadn’t heard that until I read his obituary onΒ the Times website today.

Crazy to think thatΒ him, Lomu, and van der WesthuizenΒ are all gone from that 95 final. Only 25 years ago.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Scotland squad were permitted a few drinks on sunday night but Finn kept drinking and ignored warnings to stop drinking. He then missed training on monday and was told he wouldn't be playing in the Ireland game.Β 

Β 

I'd let him get as pished as he wanted.Β