Hearts give Rangers 14 thousand tickets

Smile

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

So Hearts expect to fill the other 53,000 seats then ?

Am I missing a point about trying to get in as many spectators as you can ? It is a spectator sport after all...............

Correct.  It should be case of there are 67000 seats and they should be filled by charging whatever amount ensures a sell out and giving Rangers however many tickets we can sell.  £10 for adults should ensure a sell out.    I would have thought that the powers that be would be desperate to show the world that Scottish football isn't dead and a capacity crowd would do the trick.  Ahh fuck it, Scottish football is fucked and why should we put cash into the Jambo's coffers.  Give us a thousand tickets and put us in a corner out of sight with swathes of empty seats onTV, I am sure the watching world will come to it's own conclusion about the state of the Scottish game.

9 hours ago, Roaring meg said:

I do not do away games generally because of the actions of other clubs towards us have decided to go to this one. As others have said it is about personal choice

Can I ask why? I've never encouraged anyone to boycott but it seems strange considering you've made up your mind, but making an exception for this one - if anything, this should be the very one any boycotter says no to. 

I'd have thought. 

Never been to an away game since our return to the top league and did not attend games away against Hivs or Filth of Midlothian in the championship and have no intention of changing that now. I will never have a go at fans who do go but it is galling we give our cash to clubs who would have cheerfully killed our club off for good. 

8 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Never been to an away game since our return to the top league and did not attend games away against Hivs or Filth of Midlothian in the championship and have no intention of changing that now. I will never have a go at fans who do go but it is galling we give our cash to clubs who would have cheerfully killed our club off for good. 

It's not actually. Imagine having no fans at any away games every again supporting and cheering on the team? we find it difficult enough at some venues, think what it would be like with zero fans. That's galling.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It's actually. Imagine having no fans at any away games every again supporting and cheering on the team? we find it difficult enough at some venues, think what it would be like with zero fans. That's galling.

It’s up to each and everyone’s principles what the do, mine tell me never to give those who tried to kill us a single penny,each to their own.

2 minutes ago, backup said:

It’s up to each and everyone’s principles what the do, mine tell me never to give those who tried to kill us a single penny,each to their own.

It is upto each person but I was making the point that I think it's more galling having no fans at difficult grounds and the team suffers even more than giving someone we hate ticket money. 

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

I don't want to rake over old coals and I will probably get put off the board for this post, at the best I will get called all the bead rattlers under the son etc etc....

i am first and foremost an Airdrie supporter, but I like Rangers and always go to 5-6 games a season, always been to all the European ties through the years- grew up in a house with my dad and brothers supporting Rangers. So i can hardly be accused of being "anti-Rangers". 

Airdrie went into administration and were liquidated in 2002- we had to reapply to the league (got rejected for Gretna) and came back after buying over Clydebank and coming back that way. 

For me the precedent was set- the liquidators come in and you start again at the bottom of the pile. That's not anti Rangers- that's just being fair and applying the same rules to everyone, as it should in sport. 

I can't understand all this persecution complex so many Rangers fans have over this issue. I definetly agree that most other Scottish clubs fans hate Rangers, hate unionism, hate everything that I stand for and there was deffo plenty taking great delight in your downfall. But simply voting against Rangers staying where they were doesn't make them "anti Rangers". If I'd have had a vote. I'd have voted "against". Rangers as fair is fair and Rangers shouldn't be treated any differently from airdrie.  

The anti-Rangers thing comes more from the title stripping/accusations of being cheats/supporters saying they would see their own club suffer if it meant us suffering too.

6 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I don't want to rake over old coals and I will probably get put off the board for this post, at the best I will get called all the bead rattlers under the son etc etc....

i am first and foremost an Airdrie supporter, but I like Rangers and always go to 5-6 games a season, always been to all the European ties through the years- grew up in a house with my dad and brothers supporting Rangers. So i can hardly be accused of being "anti-Rangers". 

Airdrie went into administration and were liquidated in 2002- we had to reapply to the league (got rejected for Gretna) and came back after buying over Clydebank and coming back that way. 

For me the precedent was set- the liquidators come in and you start again at the bottom of the pile. That's not anti Rangers- that's just being fair and applying the same rules to everyone, as it should in sport. 

I can't understand all this persecution complex so many Rangers fans have over this issue. I definetly agree that most other Scottish clubs fans hate Rangers, hate unionism, hate everything that I stand for and there was deffo plenty taking great delight in your downfall. But simply voting against Rangers staying where they were doesn't make them "anti Rangers". If I'd have had a vote. I'd have voted "against". Rangers as fair is fair and Rangers shouldn't be treated any differently from airdrie.  

I thought it was fair we went to the bottom too for what it's worth - but what is unfair is the illegal sanctions, the accusations of cheating, the title stripping court-case, the recent campaign to take titles off us - the list is endless. 

That's why I have nothing but contempt for Scottish football and never want to see the Scottish national team or any other team win a game in Europe or do well again. The lot of them deserve each other. 

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I thought it was fair we went to the bottom too for what it's worth - but what is unfair is the illegal sanctions, the accusations of cheating, the title stripping court-case, the recent campaign to take titles off us - the list is endless. 

That's why I have nothing but contempt for Scottish football and never want to see the Scottish national team or any other team win a game in Europe or do well again. The lot of them deserve each other. 

At the time a lot of us actually wanted to go down to the third division instead of being parachuted into the Championship or whatever. We were happy to take the medicine because the clubs registration needed to be re-applied for the rules were the rules. 

As you say it was all the extra stuff they tried to lump us with. The worst of the lot was the illegal sanctions, we were struggling to put a team on the park and they nearly killed us off by almost making it impossible to fulfil fixtures.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

I don't support Scotland either, fans are complete weapons and agree it's now a witch hunt that will never be satisfied. But at least you'll never be accused of having had preferential treatment now. 

You're wrong there mate. The tarriers and some fans of other clubs say those exact words regarding us (special treatment) - which is baffling. 

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

I can't understand all this persecution complex so many Rangers fans have over this issue. I definetly agree that most other Scottish clubs fans hate Rangers, hate unionism, hate everything that I stand for and there was deffo plenty taking great delight in your downfall. But simply voting against Rangers staying where they were doesn't make them "anti Rangers". If I'd have had a vote. I'd have voted "against". Rangers as fair is fair and Rangers shouldn't be treated any differently from airdrie

Did airdrie get fined £250k, prize money withheld and transfer fees stolen? No TV money even though the TV deal would have been harmed if the SPFL refused to let our games be shown. 

I'm not being funny but did Airdrie supply thousands of pounds a year to teams by taking arguably one of the biggest awat supports in Scotland?

Don't get wrong I too felt that we should have went down and worked our way back up but it is the way we have been treated that makes me mad. No thanks for the money we generated to lower leagues. We've had nothing but contempt since returning and the fans of th other clubs, and perhaps the boards of the clubs themselves, seem to think we've not been punished at all! 

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

I can't understand all this persecution complex so many Rangers fans have over this issue. I definetly agree that most other Scottish clubs fans hate Rangers, hate unionism, hate everything that I stand for and there was deffo plenty taking great delight in your downfall. But simply voting against Rangers staying where they were doesn't make them "anti Rangers". If I'd have had a vote. I'd have voted "against". Rangers as fair is fair and Rangers shouldn't be treated any differently from airdrie

Big difference between us and airdire is we, Rangers the football club, didn't enter liquidation, big hint , we were sold by the administrators not the liquidators.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Rangers Football Club was never liquidated (you don't liquidate a club a club is dissolved) and has no similarity to the Airdrie scenario where the club was wound up and dissolved and a new club was formed by taking over Clydebank and changing the name. That is why the SPFL website states Rangers were formed in 1872 but does not state the old Airdrieonians founding date. Two completely different scenarios.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

Did airdrie get fined £250k, prize money withheld and transfer fees stolen? No TV money even though the TV deal would have been harmed if the SPFL refused to let our games be shown. 

I'm not being funny but did Airdrie supply thousands of pounds a year to teams by taking arguably one of the biggest awat supports in Scotland?

Don't get wrong I too felt that we should have went down and worked our way back up but it is the way we have been treated that makes me mad. No thanks for the money we generated to lower leagues. We've had nothing but contempt since returning and the fans of th other clubs, and perhaps the boards of the clubs themselves, seem to think we've not been punished at all! 

I don't know the entire story regarding Airdrie but the club formed out of Clydebank i'd imagine had no sanctions(If wrong i stand corrected) simply because it was a new club. Another reason i laugh at the new club drivel talk about wanting your cake and eat it. We're a new club but had to pay off another clubs football debt AND take a 250k fine AND suffer a transfer embargo. Some punishment for a new club. 

1 hour ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I don't know the entire story regarding Airdrie but the club formed out of Clydebank i'd imagine had no sanctions(If wrong i stand corrected) simply because it was a new club. Another reason i laugh at the new club drivel talk about wanting your cake and eat it. We're a new club but had to pay off another clubs football debt AND take a 250k fine AND suffer a transfer embargo. Some punishment for a new club. 

Some of the complete and utter nonsense that's been fabricated regarding our historic club has bordered on maniacal lunacy.