Pedro's gone [opinion]

Perth_Campsie_Ger

6 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Regardless of the reservations I have about Pedro's tactics, and whether he stays or goes, it's critical that there's unity in the team.

And while it's a great pic, showing passion and unity, it's unity between our Portuguese manager and a Portuguese player - which was never in question.

What was in question and what is vital, is unity between British players and the non British players and manager.

And while it's good to hear Dorrans say, 'We are all behind the manager, and we have to stick together', there's a big difference between saying it and doing it.

Friday night was a good start to achieving this.

If Pedro is to go, it should be because of tactics on the park rather than a rift between different nationalities.

You can have the great players but divided they will fall.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

The way he’s been treated since the day he got here by the media, ex players (ours too) is a fucking disgrace. Wind him up, goad him etc then when he replies they make a cunt of him and make a big story about him. They should hang their heads in shame, especially folk like Barry Ferguson who spat the dummy after JJ got the job. I’m fucking desperate for Pedro to succeed to get it right up/round/ n up again all these fuckin scumbags. Fuck everycunt in this country that ain’t us.

Well said that man. 

The way some of our own have treated him since day dot has been downright disgraceful. 

9 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

In general I'm talking about the press, we all know the support of other clubs want him to fail. When you give the press ammunition they use it, Pedro's given them plenty, he came with no reputation and he has to earn it, let's face it they had the knives out for Ron Delila as well, there's faces that fit and there's faces that don't.

If Pedro goes on a winning run they will change their tune but that's up to Pedro.

Our relationships with much of the media is strained or doesn't exist (BBC Scotland) and this tends to negatively influence the way we are reported on. 

ie. the general approach is negative. This is partly down to what is actually happening and partly 'editorial'.

We tend to react, rather than have a positive strategy and it is definately hurting us and this is having an ongoing negative effect on the club.

For me it's BBC Scotland that are the most blatant offenders given that they are publicly funded and have a duty to be 'fair and balanced'.

On the Sportsound programmes, it's become a moment of sarcastic comedy when they mention the 'ongoing situation with the club'.

IMO, Rangers should have listed the reasons why Chris McLaughlin has had his press privilages removed (even if done through 3rd party). Including his 'work' as a national conduit for Toxic Jack Irvine on behalf of the robbing bastards, which not only put 'information' out there but often came with McLaughlin voicing an editorial opinion to  back it up.

------------

As far as Pedro is concerned, he does give them a lot of raw material to twist and there are good reasons to question our ongoing performance but right from the get-go, you could tell that certain parts of a sub-standard and parochial Scottish media were gunning for him.

What has to be taken into consideration is that some of our players were encouraging certain journalists and passing on 'negative vibes'. With this in mind (as well as football), I think Pedro got rid of a fair few in the summer but probably succumbed to pressure in offering Miller another year. 

The press treatment of Pedro should be the last straw.

The club has plenty of media/social media streams to get info and publicity out there. They should cut off contact with the BBC and papers with a clear agenda against us and only speak to journalists who are balanced and fair in their reports.

Due to contracts we'll still have to speak to BT and Sky but we need to make it clear that the likes of Sutton are getting nowhere near our staff.

It's Scottish football. The press need us not the other way round and the tv companies are only really interested in the matches against the vermin so we shouldn't be scared of them either.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Well said that man. 

The way some of our own have treated him since day dot has been downright disgraceful. 

Because they are idiots who think this is the Rangers standard of players before we got fucked into the lower leagues and think we should be challenging that lot for the league already. Unrealistic and is going to take a gradual process for that to happen. It's called delusion, many have it. 

9 hours ago, NornIronBear said:

The press treatment of Pedro should be the last straw.

The club has plenty of media/social media streams to get info and publicity out there. They should cut off contact with the BBC and papers with a clear agenda against us and only speak to journalists who are balanced and fair in their reports.

Due to contracts we'll still have to speak to BT and Sky but we need to make it clear that the likes of Sutton are getting nowhere near our staff.

It's Scottish football. The press need us not the other way round and the tv companies are only really interested in the matches against the vermin so we shouldn't be scared of them either.

Not disagreeing but it is nothing new and sadly neither is the response from Ibrox.  SDM only fought back, a bit, when he was ever personally attacked though he may have defended John Greig once if memory serves.  Other than that, nada, nothing just deafening silence.  Does anyone really expect anything else from either Mini or Robertson or god forbid our very own fan's voice C1872??  

Pedro talks of warriors, wonder his opinion of our board?

I like Pedro and rate him as a manager. He has bought well for the club on a relatively small budget and given young players a chance of first team action, albeit because of injuries to first team regulars.

Some of the criticism he receives from some in here is nothing short of disgraceful imo.

31 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I like Pedro and rate him as a manager. He has bought well for the club on a relatively small budget and given young players a chance of first team action, albeit because of injuries to first team regulars.

Some of the criticism he receives from some in here is nothing short of disgraceful imo.

I'm not sure there are many clubs where you manage them through a grand total of 8 matches at the start of a new season, win four, uncluding being unbeaten away; draw two, where you were within a hair's breadth of winning them; and lose 2, one of which a referee's decisions played a significant part, and then be called a dud. And all this after being six months in the job, and where you have had to radically alter the whole first team squad.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm not sure there are many clubs where you manage them through a grand total of 8 matches at the start of a new season, win four, uncluding being unbeaten away; draw two, where you were within a hair's breadth of winning them; and lose 2, one of which a referee's decisions played a significant part, and then be called a dud. And all this after being six months in the job, and where you have had to radically alter the whole first team squad.

Ridiculous. Guy needs the whole season to be judged properly with context. Who is to say how the season will end, we could be smiling at the end of it with a cup. 

11 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

What got me last week was the further fawning over Derek McInnes because he was able to change things after a heavy semi-final defeat to Motherwell, then a few days later went to the same ground and picked up 3 points.

Can you imagine had that been Pedro....What do you think they would have concentrated on ?

--------------------

That said, if you are looking at this season, you can't forget the European debacle. This was a heavy blow to any credit Pedro had in the bank.

As it stands, I think we are 4 points closer to celtic than we were at this time last season and have a decent shout at reaching the League Cup Final.

On 30 September 2017 at 21:30, keithgersbear said:

Ridiculous. Guy needs the whole season to be judged properly with context. Who is to say how the season will end, we could be smiling at the end of it with a cup. 

So you'd give him the season irrespective of how it's going throughout?

We really aren't in a position to have that sort of luxury 

Just now, danger ranger said:

The man's an embarrassment, grasping at straws, lousy signings, lousy tactics, lousy line ups, and the final straw slagging off the home based players as the cause of his failures. Never mind losing the dressing room, he has lost it completely. 

Where's your source for this information?

Also, I would say regarding his signings - almost everyone was over the moon with his signings and how business was conducted during the window.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Where's your source for this information?

Also, I would say regarding his signings - almost everyone was over the moon with his signings and how business was conducted during the window.

Where is your source of everybody being over the moon, a zoomer?.

30 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We are not in a position to have anything else. Do you honestly believe King would pony up to a mil for a loser like McInnes, or anyone else for that matter?

As for Pedro, I still cannot judge how good he is technically as a manager, but he certainly many attributes that we need and have been well short of at our club for far too long ie. Integrity, honesty, passion, commitment. Warburton was an absolute one dimensional pussy by comparison and Ally was just an imposter. He also appears to be quite the guru on modern footballing, but as to whether that translates into wins in the short term has yet to be seen. 

The one  thing this league has in spades outwith the scum, is mediocrity. Everyone else is much of a sameness and inconsistency is a watchword. Just have a look at the sheep and Motherwell. I am 100% convinced that our team getting more time together will give us the consistency we need to put the rest to the sword and even give the scum a game and come the end of the season a well established second.

If you'd much rather risk getting rid of Pedro, which will come at a price, a new manager that comes at a price and new players that we can't afford, along with all the disruption all that brings, we would pretty much guarantee we would be no better than the rest and be lucky to get a third.

These are Pedro's players, mostly latino's, so where do you think their loyalties would lie in seeing their gaffer being treated so shoddily? They certainly wouldn't be bursting a gut, then there is the language and cultural difficulties. I would be predicting a disaster and don't think for a moment the board haven't already thought about all these risks, albeit like me, they propbably think it's preposterous to even think of moving him on.

Pedro will be going nowhere and I am happy at that at this juncture.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

We don't have the luxury of having money to hire and fire in the middle of the season again either.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are not in a position to have anything else. Do you honestly believe King would pony up to a mil for a loser like McInnes, or anyone else for that matter?

As for Pedro, I still cannot judge how good he is technically as a manager, but he certainly many attributes that we need and have been well short of at our club for far too long ie. Integrity, honesty, passion, commitment. Warburton was an absolute one dimensional pussy by comparison and Ally was just an imposter. He also appears to be quite the guru on modern footballing, but as to whether that translates into wins in the short term has yet to be seen. 

The one  thing this league has in spades outwith the scum, is mediocrity. Everyone else is much of a sameness and inconsistency is a watchword. Just have a look at the sheep and Motherwell. I am 100% convinced that our team getting more time together will give us the consistency we need to put the rest to the sword and even give the scum a game and come the end of the season a well established second.

If you'd much rather risk getting rid of Pedro, which will come at a price, a new manager that comes at a price and new players that we can't afford, along with all the disruption all that brings, we would pretty much guarantee we would be no better than the rest and be lucky to get a third.

These are Pedro's players, mostly latino's, so where do you think their loyalties would lie in seeing their gaffer being treated so shoddily? They certainly wouldn't be bursting a gut, then there is the language and cultural difficulties. I would be predicting a disaster and don't think for a moment the board haven't already thought about all these risks, albeit like me, they propbably think it's preposterous to even think of moving him on.

Pedro will be going nowhere and I am happy at that at this juncture.

we have 2