Jump to content
Perth_Campsie_Ger

Pedro's gone [opinion]

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Answering a question with a question means you lose.

It was Kenny Miller who told me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, wullyRFC said:

We don't have the luxury of having money to hire and fire in the middle of the season again either.

He's on a three year contract so we'd have to pay him off whether its at the end of the season or now 

It's not ideal but if it's clearly not working we can't just leave Pedro in place as some sort of lame duck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He's on a three year contract so we'd have to pay him off whether its at the end of the season or now 

It's not ideal but if it's clearly not working we can't just leave Pedro in place as some sort of lame duck 

Well when it's clearly not working then the board have a decision to make but the pay off will be less after the season that's basic maths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The man's an embarrassment, grasping at straws, lousy signings, lousy tactics, lousy line ups, and the final straw slagging off the home based players as the cause of his failures. Never mind losing the dressing room, he has lost it completely. 

You've lost the plot son. 

We are see definitely a better footballing side than last year. Without a doubt. If you're just choosing not to like the guy fair enough and he makes his share of tactical errors but especially saying the signings are lousy. Fuck me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2017 at 09:46, Junior Soprano said:

You cannot dislike Pedro. A gentleman. 

What has that got to do with managing a struggling football club, getting involved with opposition players, talks a good game but cannot follow it through on the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Well when it's clearly not working then the board have a decision to make but the pay off will be less at after the season that's basic maths.

Sure but we're paying his wages in the mean time anyway 

I just don't get the argument of giving him the whole season come what may, if it's decided that it won't work out long term then surely we have to try and implement change as soon as possible to help prepare for next season and salvage whatever from this one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RupertDeBoer said:

You've lost the plot son. 

We are see definitely a better footballing side than last year. Without a doubt. If you're just choosing not to like the guy fair enough and he makes his share of tactical errors but especially saying the signings are lousy. Fuck me 

No, Pedro has lost the plot, especially last week and the guy is not man enough for a square argument with Miller and has acted like a coward and made him the scape goat, just the same with Warburton, playing the headmaster scolding naughty boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

No, Pedro has lost the plot, especially last week and the guy is not man enough for a square argument with Miller and has acted like a coward and made him the scape goat, just the same with Warburton, playing the headmaster scolding naughty boys.

You seem to know more than you should. Is Miller a grass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are not in a position to have anything else. Do you honestly believe King would pony up to a mil for a loser like McInnes, or anyone else for that matter?

As for Pedro, I still cannot judge how good he is technically as a manager, but he certainly many attributes that we need and have been well short of at our club for far too long ie. Integrity, honesty, passion, commitment. Warburton was an absolute one dimensional pussy by comparison and Ally was just an imposter. He also appears to be quite the guru on modern footballing, but as to whether that translates into wins in the short term has yet to be seen. 

The one  thing this league has in spades outwith the scum, is mediocrity. Everyone else is much of a sameness and inconsistency is a watchword. Just have a look at the sheep and Motherwell. I am 100% convinced that our team getting more time together will give us the consistency we need to put the rest to the sword and even give the scum a game and come the end of the season a well established second.

If you'd much rather risk getting rid of Pedro, which will come at a price, a new manager that comes at a price and new players that we can't afford, along with all the disruption all that brings, we would pretty much guarantee we would be no better than the rest and be lucky to get a third.

These are Pedro's players, mostly latino's, so where do you think their loyalties would lie in seeing their gaffer being treated so shoddily? They certainly wouldn't be bursting a gut, then there is the language and cultural difficulties. I would be predicting a disaster and don't think for a moment the board haven't already thought about all these risks, albeit like me, they propbably think it's preposterous to even think of moving him on.

Pedro will be going nowhere and I am happy at that at this juncture.

 

That's a lot of words but ultimately if we don't look like improving on last seasons showing then I don't see how people can justify him staying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Sure but we're paying his wages in the mean time anyway 

I just don't get the argument of giving him the whole season come what may, if it's decided that it won't work out long term then surely we have to try and implement change as soon as possible to help prepare for next season and salvage whatever from this one 

We don't have money to pay 2 managers wages. Do we sack the next manager after 10 games if he doesn't do well? Then the next and the next untill we have 4 managers a season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, what manager could fix the mess we're currently in... Pedro isn't good, but we have to make due until we get finance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wullyRFC said:

We don't have money to pay 2 managers wages. Do we sack the next manager after 10 games if he doesn't do well? Then the next and the next untill we have 4 managers a season?

He's had about six months, bringing him in for last seasons run in was presumably to allow him the chance to adapt and assess what we needed 

I don't want a big cycle of changing managers and I've done my best to see the positives but we should be finishing a comfortable 2nd this season and so far that isn't looking likely 

The win at Hamilton has taken the heat off for the immediate future but i think we really have to see how the next few games go before it can be said with certainty that he deserves the whole season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he must have done something to be sent to Brentford with the U20, maybe he told Pedro a few home truths of which everybody and their granny already know, just like Barton last year and right after a heavy and embarrassing OF defeat and lets not kid ourselves it quite easily could have been a right drubbing last week, so much for a improved team under Pedro, but let the fantasists dream on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

Well he must have done something to be sent to Brentford with the U20, maybe he told Pedro a few home truths of which everybody and their granny already know, just like Barton last year and right after a heavy and embarrassing OF defeat and lets not kid ourselves it quite easily could have been a right drubbing last week, so much for a improved team under Pedro, but let the fantasists dream on.

Ah right so you're just making things up now. Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

We don't have money to pay 2 managers wages. Do we sack the next manager after 10 games if he doesn't do well? Then the next and the next untill we have 4 managers a season?

Are you in the know, the tims went through the managers until they got back at us, short memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danger ranger said:

Are you in the know, the tims went through the managers until they got back at us, short memories.

You want to try that in English?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wullyRFC said:

You want to try that in English?

Away and shite oot a windae, is that plain english enough for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

Away and shite oot a windae, is that plain english enough for you.

It didn't actually make sense are you saying they hired and fired managers? If so when and what does this have to do with us not having the finances to be paying off 2 managers and hiring a new one in a 6 month period?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2017 at 21:19, Turnberry18 said:

I'm not sure there are many clubs where you manage them through a grand total of 8 matches at the start of a new season, win four, uncluding being unbeaten away; draw two, where you were within a hair's breadth of winning them; and lose 2, one of which a referee's decisions played a significant part, and then be called a dud. And all this after being six months in the job, and where you have had to radically alter the whole first team squad.

Not the full story though is it?

I mean, probably two of the most embarrassing results in our history, plus a 26 year record against Aberdeen as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Americanbear said:

Let's be honest, what manager could fix the mess we're currently in... Pedro isn't good, but we have to make due until we get finance.

don't know what's worse, the fact you're a taig or the fact you're a such a taig that you feel the need to impersonate a Rangers fan on a forum and only choosing to expose yourself one you've made it apparent what a spastic you are. Paedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not the full story though is it?

I mean, probably two of the most embarrassing results in our history, plus a 26 year record against Aberdeen as well.

Probably one of the most embarrassing accusations to come out with. I give you the progres result but are you suggesting that for all time Rangers would never have lost at home to aberdeen?

Yes it was unpalatable but would have happened some day and considering the situation we were in at that time it's not that surprising tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do people expect from us.. We've been in a fuckin mess since 2012,playing Brechin,east Fife etc. Had robbin bastards running us and stripping us of everything.

That mob have had a 5 year run on us with Champions league money and title winning money yet some on here expect us to be title contenders a year after promotion..In my opinion we're 5 quality players away from a challenge so the board have to come up with the cash in January to bring in players like Moult to stay on their tales,make a challenge in games against them and guarantee 2nd..That's our best hope and then more investment in the summer to move that bit closer again.I'm like the rest of you desperate for us to put those cunts in their place but it will take time and i think Pedro can bring it.He has great passion and is a very likeable guy and with experience could be a real coup for us...Hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not the full story though is it?

I mean, probably two of the most embarrassing results in our history, plus a 26 year record against Aberdeen as well.

What does that even mean;.normally when you have a 26 year record for something it's a cause for celebration, for you it's a cause for grief? You do realise where this club has been in the last five years, yes? To lay all that at the door of a manager in for only six months is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Where is your source of everybody being over the moon, a zoomer?.

I simply asked what your information source was, a perfectly reasonable question.

Going by this reply and your replies to others it is clear it's just your opinion, not fact and that it is you thats the "zoomer", congratulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×