Pedro the man.

Blue Avenger

Here we have a man new to these shores, arriving at a club in turmoil. Inheriting a dysfunctional team laden with poor quality and conflict.

One could be forgiven for thinking that he might be given a warm welcome, particularly given the state we were/are in, both on and off the park. Not in this back yard. Not a Ranger's man, so a tough sell.

The rest of the country were intrigued by this unknown quantity, whilst many of our own and a hating mhedia were against him from the off and couldn't wait to put the knife in, but just part of every day life in this parochial backwater for a newcomer to get used to.

He certainly gave the incumbents their chance to shine under him, but the results (must have been Pedro's fault!) showed otherwise and the clearout gets underway over the summer.

8 games into a new season and we sit 3rd after a roller coaster start to a new season.

We win 4-1 on a shit night away from home, after going one down, with ten men playing on a surface more suited to ice skaters. The malcontents among us have their say. We were shite. Hamilton were rotten. Well again, that's life in the parochial backwater. Doesn't matter that we won 4-1 away from home on a pitch that would have made Barca look like Annan Athletic.

Then we have Pedro the man. A colourful and likeable character, who has  shown the passion and and commitment in spades, along with his knowledge of the game. A man of obvious integrity, with a work ethic second to none. 

Spends an average of 500k on new players in. Some look the part, some don't but what is obvious, a million miles off the quality of our biggest rival. Now if the man hadn't been given a more chilly a welcome, we then get humped by our greatest rival. By a team where we couldn't even afford to buy one of their players, far less their wages. A team who had just won the treble, qualified for the CL and on a record unbeaten run. The bile and and the rage of the malcontents ensues.

Being a fully paid up member of the parochial backwater, one can understand and be well used to the reaction as we can't see past the end of our noses. Like we were ever going to take the scum fielding a new team of inferior quality that our budget permits?!

Ah but, look at our other other results the malcontents then cry. Yes look at them. On an average spend of 500k, we have a God given right to be better that our other also rans in this league? Some would have us believe so, whilst the reality is we are fielding  pretty much a whole new team of inferior quality to the scum, but pretty much of a similar level to all the other also rans. Forgive me for thinking that we have no God given to look any better than Thistle under these constraints at this juncture. But, but, we are Rangers. That makes a lot ot of sense. Doesn't it?!

We need to be second and a good  second at that, so the manager must go they cry, as they deflect from the real problem, that big fuck off elephant in the room and proceed to perpetuate their agenda and abuse an honest man.

Yes we do need to be better, but after 8 games and a new squad and we now sit 3rd with a squad that is indeed actually improving. Patience is not a virtue in this backwater. I also couldn't  find anything in our proud history where being second is our default setting. Appears to be a new trend emerging to justify the malcontents posture in all this.

Worst of all, there is the treatment by some among us of our manager. The personal character assasination. The hate and the bile that spews forth from their foul mouths as they lay this good man bare and throw him under a bus to satisfy some recessed inadequacy within them. Another unpleasent characteristic of this parochial backwater that any newcomer might think he has landed on another planet.

The treatment of this good man by both the mhedia and some of our own is nothing short of a disgrace. Cowardice in it's worst form and those among us should know better, particularly from where we have just been and the injustice meted out to us. We have simply learned nothing.

By all means criticise him or anyone else on their performance, but to be so disrespectful to a Ranger's manager, who has done nothing but do his best since arriving beggars belief. The only manager I know who gets abuse when he wins. This man wears his heart on his sleave and it is obvious that he bleeds for us, this relative stranger who has taken up the cause. He is no Pep G, but WTF do we expect given our circumstances? We should be ashamed of ourselves. Loyalty and defend, we wouldn't know it if we fell over it. 

He may not be the best, but he has my full backing for the qualities he does possess, in his integrity, in his passion and commitment to our cause. In both in his honesty and in his naivety. These attributes are what have been sorely lacking in our club over the last six years, but some are intent on mistaking them for weakness.

We are constrained by what we don't know. Not to recognise it is the weakness.

This current board have engendered a culture whereby failure is acceptable and planned for. They have engendered a culrture of mistrust and uncertainty due to their lack of transparency and underfunding. They have eroded our values and integrity by sharp business practice and allowing our haters to have open season on us. We are simply surrounded by a web of deceipt and lies.

We deserve much better but make no mistake, many an honest man would be devoured in such an envirionment.

Many ask if Pedro is the man. I ask, the man for what? If it is to improve us, no problem. If it is to take the the title, no chance. Even if it was Pep G himself, the answer is quite simple. We don't have the funds to take that title and never will have with this board in charge.

Oh well, let's not face or deal with that small issue, let's just hang the players and the manager. Much easier of course, but also much more cowardly.

So, I ask the question, just how many managers and players are we going to hang before we wake up and smell the coffee and do something about it? I would say quite a few and then we wake up and grow a pair just after the scum take 10 iar! All too late and that would be a record never to be overtaken and won't everyone in this backwater ever let us forget it.

I conclude, that Pedro is the man who will improve us and deliver the "board's" aspirations without a shadow of a doubt. Just a pity some are so cowardly as not to admit to it. If those malcontents have an issue with the board's aspirations in being second, better they grew a spine and it took up with them than abusing the easy targets and embarassing  both themselves and the whole club.

Whether Pedro stays or goes will make no difference to me personally, but sad that we have used and abused and honest and compassionate man. Maybe it's him who has dodged a bullet if he goes and I have no doubt whatsoever we will be worse off without him. 

The next manager and and the next after cannot succeed in the current financial landscape and will only cause further disruption and uncertainty as these things do and the results will only get worse as the numbers of players sitting in the stands increases and eat away at an already limited budget. The law of diminishing returns kick in and that leads to only one place and it is far from being first in anything.

Now where the fuck is that elephant?!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Gustav said:

If you think anyone's going to read a post that long from a fruitcake like you you're more demented than I thought.

I'm surprised you can even read. Do you have a monkey that does it for you, because it certainly looks that way.

I feel your pain.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

That's shite banter right there.

Does the monkey also talk? I'm not sure how the monkey communicates it across to him mate 

Beats it's chest and goes 'aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh' and I have to try and decipher what he's trying to tell me.

31 minutes ago, Gustav said:

If you think anyone's going to read a post that long from a fruitcake like you you're more demented than I thought.

I read it all - it's not the op fault that you can only deal in sound bites. R u a SUN reader! I suspect so. 

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Here we have a man new to these shores, arriving at a club in turmoil. Inheriting a dysfunctional team laden with poor quality and conflict.

One could be forgiven for thinking that he might be given a warm welcome, particularly given the state we were/are in, both on and off the park. Not in this back yard. Not a Ranger's man, so a tough sell.

The rest of the country were intrigued by this unknown quantity, whilst many of our own and a hating mhedia were against him from the off and couldn't wait to put the knife in, but just part of every day life in this parochial backwater for a newcomer to get used to.

He certainly gave the incumbents their chance to shine under him, but the results (must have been Pedro's fault!) showed otherwise and the clearout gets underway over the summer.

8 games into a new season and we sit 3rd after a roller coaster start to a new season.

We win 4-1 on a shit night away from home, after going one down, with ten men playing on a surface more suited to ice skaters. The malcontents among us have their say. We were shite. Hamilton were rotten. Well again, that's life in the parochial backwater. Doesn't matter that we won 4-1 away from home on a pitch that would have made Barca look like Annan Athletic.

Then we have Pedro the man. A colourful and likeable character, who has  shown the passion and and commitment in spades, along with his knowledge of the game. A man of obvious integrity, with a work ethic second to none. 

Spends an average of 500k on new players in. Some look the part, some don't but what is obvious, a million miles off the quality of our biggest rival. Now if the man hadn't been given a more chilly a welcome, we then get humped by our greatest rival. By a team where we couldn't even afford to buy one of their players, far less their wages. A team who had just won the treble, qualified for the CL and on a record unbeaten run. The bile and and the rage of the malcontents ensues.

Being a fully paid up member of the parochial backwater, one can understand and be well used to the reaction as we can't see past the end of our noses. Like we were ever going to take the scum fielding a new team of inferior quality that our budget permits?!

Ah but, look at our other other results the malcontents then cry. Yes look at them. On an average spend of 500k, we have a God given right to be better that our other also rans in this league? Some would have us believe so, whilst the reality is we are fielding  pretty much a whole new team of inferior quality to the scum, but pretty much of a similar level to all the other also rans. Forgive me for thinking that we have no God given to look any better than Thistle under these constraints at this juncture. But, but, we are Rangers. That makes a lot ot of sense. Doesn't it?!

We need to be second and a good  second at that, so the manager must go they cry, as they deflect from the real problem, that big fuck off elephant in the room and proceed to perpetuate their agenda and abuse an honest man.

Yes we do need to be better, but after 8 games and a new squad and we now sit 3rd with a squad that is indeed actually improving. Patience is not a virtue in this backwater. I also couldn't  find anything in our proud history where being second is our default setting. Appears to be a new trend emerging to justify the malcontents posture in all this.

Worst of all, there is the treatment by some among us of our manager. The personal character assasination. The hate and the bile that spews forth from their foul mouths as they lay this good man bare and throw him under a bus to satisfy some recessed inadequacy within them. Another unpleasent characteristic of this parochial backwater that any newcomer might think he has landed on another planet.

The treatment of this good man by both the mhedia and some of our own is nothing short of a disgrace. Cowardice in it's worst form and those among us should know better, particularly from where we have just been and the injustice meted out to us. We have simply learned nothing.

By all means criticise him or anyone else on their performance, but to be so disrespectful to a Ranger's manager, who has done nothing but do his best since arriving beggars belief. The only manager I know who gets abuse when he wins. This man wears his heart on his sleave and it is obvious that he bleeds for us, this relative stranger who has taken up the cause. He is no Pep G, but WTF do we expect given our circumstances? We should be ashamed of ourselves. Loyalty and defend, we wouldn't know it if we fell over it. 

He may not be the best, but he has my full backing for the qualities he does possess, in his integrity, in his passion and commitment to our cause. In both in his honesty and in his naivety. These attributes are what have been sorely lacking in our club over the last six years, but some are intent on mistaking them for weakness.

We are constrained by what we don't know. Not to recognise it is the weakness.

This current board have engendered a culture whereby failure is acceptable and planned for. They have engendered a culrture of mistrust and uncertainty due to their lack of transparency and underfunding. They have eroded our values and integrity by sharp business practice and allowing our haters to have open season on us. We are simply surrounded by a web of deceipt and lies.

We deserve much better but make no mistake, many an honest man would be devoured in such an envirionment.

Many ask if Pedro is the man. I ask, the man for what? If it is to improve us, no problem. If it is to take the the title, no chance. Even if it was Pep G himself, the answer is quite simple. We don't have the funds to take that title and never will have with this board in charge.

Oh well, let's not face or deal with that small issue, let's just hang the players and the manager. Much easier of course, but also much more cowardly.

So, I ask the question, just how many managers and players are we going to hang before we wake up and smell the coffee and do something about it? I would say quite a few and then we wake up and grow a pair just after the scum take 10 iar! All too late and that would be a record never to be overtaken and won't everyone in this backwater ever let us forget it.

I conclude, that Pedro is the man who will improve us and deliver the "board's" aspirations without a shadow of a doubt. Just a pity some are so cowardly as not to admit to it. If those malcontents have an issue with the board's aspirations in being second, better they grew a spine and it took up with them than abusing the easy targets and embarassing  both themselves and the whole club.

Whether Pedro stays or goes will make no difference to me personally, but sad that we have used and abused and honest and compassionate man. Maybe it's him who has dodged a bullet if he goes and I have no doubt whatsoever we will be worse off without him. 

The next manager and and the next after cannot succeed in the current financial landscape and will only cause further disruption and uncertainty as these things do and the results will only get worse as the numbers of players sitting in the stands increases and eat away at an already limited budget. The law of diminishing returns kick in and that leads to only one place and it is far from being first in anything.

Now where the fuck is that elephant?!

Some won't even have the patience to read this! 

Only issue is I am not sure how the board generates more cash without putting us back into financial danger - in the absence of some oil rich prince playing with us our way back to the top requires what you know we lack - patience - and that patience has to apply to the board as well. 

1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

And what did you reply to yourself dude 3 names? 

What are my other two names? You must know something I don't.

If Admin have access to IP addresses linked to user names, I'm sure they could confirm that there's no other user accesses the site from my IP.

:Fod: