hannah & waddel miller not the source/leak

backup

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depends on your perspective tbh. It's more of a 'you kick us, we'll kick you back' type thing. Traynor's last Record column (and his way of running our PR) has annoyed a lot of people. There are more than a few people I've spoken to who are of the belief that the boycott of the Record pushed by C1872 is nothing more than Traynor trying to put certain people out of a job more than it being anything to do with the Record's content.

I remember the outline of that one well; good article.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

What was his last article about?

Being a journo was great until all the tax stuff with Rangers happened and it became poisonous and little more than PR.

Which, given his stuff about Rangers before he was papped out, was incredible because he was quite happy to tell us we cheated and that Rangers died. Until he got a cushy comms job at Ibrox and suddenly he done a 180.

From what I can see, Traynor doesn't give the club value for money and his style is generally as subtle as a brick through the window, is without much forethought or does it have subsequent gain.

In some ways, similar to Carlos Pena's performance last night.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

From what I can see, Traynor doesn't give the club value for money and his style is generally as subtle as a brick through the window, is without much forethought or does it have subsequent gain.

In some ways, similar to Carlos Pena's performance last night.

What would be the alternative do you think?

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depends on your perspective tbh. It's more of a 'you kick us, we'll kick you back' type thing. Traynor's last Record column (and his way of running our PR) has annoyed a lot of people. There are more than a few people I've spoken to who are of the belief that the boycott of the Record pushed by C1872 is nothing more than Traynor trying to put certain people out of a job more than it being anything to do with the Record's content.

I'm afraid the people you're talking to are delusional and exaggerate Traynors importance. Most Rangers fans i know wouldn't wipe their arse with the record ,and it's got absolutely nothing to do with Traynor. I work nightshift in an engineering factory and we had at least 20 records delivered early morning, but the guy had to stop after it went down to around 5 on the back of bears feeling the paper was pro Celt*c. 

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What would be the alternative do you think?

I said back in March 2015 that the club should look to limit the use of 'spindoctors'. That straight forward channels of communication with supporters should be developed and that the whole ongoing wider strategy going forward should be longterm based and not mostly reacting to events with short-term measures, that don't often get the desired results.

There are obviously areas that PR expertise is required and I think you have to look towards professionals in that area, not a vindictive ex-journalist with axes to grind, who is relatively new to the game regardless of his related experience.

I said back in March 2015 that the club should look to limit the use of 'spindoctors'. That straight forward channels of communication with supporters should be developed and that the whole ongoing wider strategy going forward should be longterm based and not mostly reacting to events with short-term measures, that don't often get the desired results.

There are obviously areas that PR expertise is required and I think you have to look towards professionals in that area, not vindictive ex-journalists with axes to grind who is relatively new to the game regardless of his related experience.

Interesting post, particularly your second point.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

If the director's, players, manager and fans don't now who the leak is then it must be someone else who is regularly allowed in, and is trusted by the staff and fans.

This guy maybe ?   Could be Keith Jackson in disguise ?

bb752db837595f73f49dc37d333d1f54--mascot

Hence why I said Jimmy Bell the other night. Purely a guess on my part, but this has been going on for years, even when KM wasn't at the club. 

The only consistent that has regular access to our dressing room is Jimmy Bell. I'm not saying its definetly him, but some people can be easily swayed by money. 

2 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Remember in Pedros presser before the scum weekend I think.That we smug boot asked him abiut Dorrans training that day differently and Pedro was surprised about it . 

some cunt was spilling info even then

Not sure about that. I think that was more to do with Dorrans not training with the rest of the team, and not being outside with the others. I could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, backup said:

heard last night the leak is from the executive,said to be a split regards Pedro, who knows.

That would be my guess; there has been leaks for years.Remember when Walter was in charge, his surprise team was posted on here in the afternoon before the nighttime game.

Boardroom leaks were common regarding previous boards most exclusive to Jackson.I assume the same person is now preparing the way to ease Pedro out. Someone who has been a constant member of staff for years in different  capacities and someone rewarded for his leaking prowess against previous regimes by the present board perhaps.

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Miller was originally dropped/taken out of first team action for the second Thistle game, Pedro said something along the lines of removing him from duty/football to get his concentrations back, didn't he? 

Could it be this is still the case? although if so, then you'd think Pedro would have said something or word would have came out from the club denying he's been dropped for leaking club business to the press.

That's where the waters are muddied IMO. Something doesn't sit right either way. 

I agree with you,in that, if Miller is not the leak/grass/rat, then the club should come out and say so.

I'm not one of Miller's biggest fans, for obvious reasons, but if he's not done anything wrong, like talking to the media, then he's been hard done by. ?

14 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I agree with you,in that, if Miller is not the leak/grass/rat, then the club should come out and say so.

I'm not one of Miller's biggest fans, for obvious reasons, but if he's not done anything wrong, like talking to the media, then he's been hard done by. ?

IMO Miller or someone on his behalf has obviously been part of inside info getting to journalists.

One thing that helps show it is 'the treatment' he receives within the media contrasted to 'the treatment' the manager is getting, this at a strategically important moment in the developing relationship.

Another is looking back to April this year and looking at several DR articles that were heavily pushing the case for Pedro to offer a contract to Miller. When it seemed obvious that the manager didn't want to rush the decision or perhaps even feel that it was the right thing to do, at a time when he was looking to purge the club of players he didn't want. This being at a time when some of those were already showing signs of 'rebellion'.

ie. the relationship between the Miller camp and the media is long established.

As for Waddell and Hannah, the clear unmuddy truth is something they don't tend to deal in and the day a Sun or Daily Record hack is believed without supplying the evidence is long gone.

Has anyone thought about the uo coming court case re.the incident involving his missus jewelery etc.is that not due soon?  Is his mind on something else. Is he a.bit jittery ? I dunno . Are we all thinking the wrong thing?  Just putting it out there 

IMO Miller or someone on his behalf has obviously been part of inside info getting to journalists.

One thing that helps show it is 'the treatment' he receives within the media contrasted to 'the treatment' the manager is getting, this at a strategically important moment in the developing relationship.

Another is looking back to April this year and looking at several DR articles that were heavily pushing the case for Pedro to offer a contract to Miller. When it seemed obvious that the manager didn't want to rush the decision or perhaps even feel that it was the right thing to do, at a time when he was looking to purge the club of players he didn't want. This being at a time when some of those were already showing signs of 'rebellion'.

As for Waddell and Hannah, the clear unmuddy truth is something they don't tend to deal in and the day a Sun or Daily Record hack is believed without supplying the evidence is long gone.

I hope that, with the club making no statement to say that Miller is NOT the leak, tells us all we need to know. Which is why I said that if he wasn't the leak they SHOULD come out and say so.

Anyway the only leek in our team is Declan John! ??

3 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I hope that, with the club making no statement to say that Miller is NOT the leak, tells us all we need to know. Which is why I said that if he wasn't the leak they SHOULD come out and say so.

Anyway the only leek in our team is Declan John! ??

It's very plain what the current view of the Club/Pedro is wrt Miller but for legal reasons they need to be very careful how they go about things.

That view may become sugar-coated depending on developments.

It's very plain what the current view of the Club/Pedro is wrt Miller but for legal reasons they need to be very careful how they go about things.

It was for legal reasons that I said that if Miller isn't the leak the club should say so.

Miller could take Pedro, the club, the fans, to court IF he didn't leak anything.

Miller must've done something wrong, otherwise he'd be pleading his innocence, or doing his talking though lawyers.

Just now, Thewhitesettler said:

It was for legal reasons that I said that if Miller isn't the leak the club should say so.

Miller could take Pedro, the club, the fans, to court IF he didn't leak anything.

Miller must've done something wrong, otherwise he'd be pleading his innocence, or doing his talking though lawyers.

The Miller camp is talking, via those well known purveyors of solid truth, journalists from The Sun and the DR !

For me, it only helps show what is going-on.

---------------

What may or may not happen is a truce of sorts because of diminishing squad options.

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

In terms of stuff designed to unsettle the manager, yes. Stuff will ALWAYS get out and no club will ever completely eradicate leaks, it's the way they are handled before being printed that's the main thing. Thanks to our PR guru's history, plenty wont give him the courtesy of a call or an email before running with it now when in years gone by, it would be ran past the press office for comment/clarification before running with it.

Really? I thought all Media had to offer a reasonable amount of time for a right of reply before publishing.