Northern Ireland v Germany

bluedylan

Germany have never lost away from home in FIFA World Cup qualifying, a run that spans 46 games and dates back to 11 March 1934

Germany have only ever lost two matches in World Cup qualifying and both came on home turf: a 1-0 loss to Portugal (Stuttgart, 1985) and a 5-1 defeat to England (Munich, 2001).

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

I honestly think we're going to be seeded, no matter what happens against the Germans.

I don't think NI will be seeded, will no doubt be a tough draw to get through. That said, highly doubt Scotland will be in the mix - so it must be great contemplating a NI appearance in the World Cup, it's an absolutely brilliant achievement yet again.

12 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I don't think NI will be seeded, will no doubt be a tough draw to get through. That said, highly doubt Scotland will be in the mix - so it must be great contemplating a NI appearance in the World Cup, it's an absolutely brilliant achievement yet again.

The way it sits now, we'd be seeded.

Ironically enough, the Republic getting through would do us a favour. It'll depends on who gets through I think, more than what results we get in the last two games, which I think will be either 1 or 3 points.

59 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

NI 0 Germany 2.

Hope not though. Doesn't really matter though does it? Does this game have any bearing on qualification from our brothers across the sea?

Not really, bar an astonishing set of results elsewhere, we're pretty much guaranteed a play off spot even if we lost the last two games. Though two decent results would help us get seeded, avoid the likes of Portugal or Italy in the play offs. 

I think we'll lose tonight, get a win or draw away to Norway.