Messi might miss world cup

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Don't know how you could argue that Bobby Charlton wasn't their greatest and most important player.

Because Cantona was the player who was the catalyst to take Man Utd to the next level which resulted in two Champions Leagues. I don't doubt the role Charlton played, coming from the Busby babes and the success he and the club had. Can easily argue for both of them. 

2 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Not really when it came to big European nights though

He certainly didn't score in a final, that's for sure.

But in their history Man Utd had the busby babes then, the rebuilding up to '68. Then they had the Ferguson years. These two players were massive in those times. Cantona obviously never reached the ability level of Charlton, but I reckon his presence, as a player certainly came close to Charlton's, or possibly even equalled it.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

He certainly didn't score in a final, that's for sure.

But in their history Man Utd had the busby babes then, the rebuilding up to '68. Then they had the Ferguson years. These two players were massive in those times. Cantona obviously never reached the ability level of Charlton, but I reckon his presence, as a player certainly came close to Charlton's, or possibly even equalled it.

Yes but the question was who was the Greatest player to put on a United jersey..to put Cantona above Best Charlton Edwards Schmichael or Law is bonkers.

Btw what was the concert like mate?

3 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Yes but the question was who was the Greatest player to put on a United jersey..to put Cantona above Best Charlton Edwards Schmichael or Law is bonkers.

id even argue keane even though an utter walloper, had more of an impact at united than cantona

On 07/10/2017 at 15:57, Rangers_no1 said:

Messi may have played with some better individuals, but as a team they are nowhere near that Argentina side. Messi carried them to a world cup final and if not for Higuain being a bottler would most likely be a world cup winner himself!

Look at that the 2014 squad.

Outwith Aguero, Mascherano, Higuain and a lesser extent Lavezzi that squad is pretty average. 

World cup 2010 squad had more talent but Maradona was a woeful manager.

That 2010 selection was shambolic. Didn't call up Zanetti or Cambiasso iirc.

11 hours ago, left winger said:

Because Cantona was the player who was the catalyst to take Man Utd to the next level which resulted in two Champions Leagues. I don't doubt the role Charlton played, coming from the Busby babes and the success he and the club had. Can easily argue for both of them. 

Surely Fergie was the catalyst ? If he never signed Cantona it'd been someone else 

6 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Yeah, he obviously wasn't that.

It's not till the 21st - got Little Mix before that ?

4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Well fair play to him, that was some performance, That's the way to shut people up and no mistake. No point to this thread now really. Still not as good as Maradona though.

Aye her right mate. I heard he stumbled across this thread and thought I'm going to shut those cunts up. Who does a guy that's broke nearly every record going have to silence exactly?

A couple of wee virgins that argue who's the best out of him and the fake Ronaldo?

The boys unreal and if people doubt that then they're pretty stupid.