Ally: I Didn't Have Any Good Players

BlueMexican

He had admitted not having good players when managing us. Seems like he is not taking the blame for signing them!

---------------------

He guided crisis-hit Gers to consecutive promotions from League Two and League One before being axed in December 2014.

Co-hosting the breakfast show on talkSPORT, the discussion turned to troubled stars following a report on under-fire England cricket star Ben Stokes.

Asked if he had ever received a phone call saying one of his players was in bother, McCoist said: “On a regular basis.

“But I had a great degree of sympathy for previous managers who probably had the same phone calls about me.

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

He replaced Walter Smith in the Rangers hot seat

“It comes all the way round.

“But I always say, there’s no point in worrying about things you can’t have an affect on.”

BLOOPER ALLY McCoist blasts Scotland’s pink away strip and says he would have REFUSED to wear it against Slovakia

And when co-host Max Rushden quizzed McCoist if there were any stars in particular who gave him sleepless nights, he quipped: “Unfortunately during my managerial career, I didn’t have any players that were any good!”

NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

McCoist and Lennon

The pair embrace at a charity golf day in 2015

McCoist later ducked out of answering a supporter’s question about what he said to Neil Lennon to spark their infamous 2011 touchline clash.

He laughed: “That’ll remain private. Neil’s doing a great job at Hibs.”

The ex-Scotland star’s co-hosting stints have been a hit with talkSPORT listeners in recent months.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

A throwaway comment intended as a joke that will surely cause 10+ pages of unbridled fury.

Yeah, our Ally loves a wee joke now and again, and now he's playing to the mass audience by cracking them about the team he actually managed himself. 

The guy has no shame and is now a fucking embarrassment to our great club and traditions. Now another Uncle Tom  appeaser for the media to berate us with.

Think I actually preferred him when he kept his arms folded and mouth shut. 

Ally%20McCoist.jpg