Ally: I Didn't Have Any Good Players

BlueMexican

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Bobby, if you think the majority of fans have turned against McCoist then you're in cuckoo land.

By all means have your opinion and i respect your thoughts etc but he's still a legend to the majority of bears 

On the playing side I agree .... as stated at the very start of my post .... but as this thread has come around to his his utter failure as a  manager, I believe I made that distinction very clear.

As a player he was worth his weight in gold ..... as a manager he was nothing but a failed gold digger .... and the more he makes a fool of himself in the media with his .... "please like me at all costs" rubbish .... then he is open season for the quite large section of the support who see him as a needy greedy individual ... something .... along with his inabilities as a manager .... that even his most staunch of supporters will (if they are honest about it) will find hard to deny.

:UK:

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

On the playing side I agree .... as stated at the very start of my post .... but as this thread has come around to his his utter failure as a  manager, I believe I made that distinction very clear.

As a player he was worth his weight in gold ..... as a manager he was nothing but a failed gold digger .... and the more he makes a fool of himself in the media with his .... "please like me at all costs" rubbish .... then he is open season for the quite large section of the support who see him as a needy greedy individual ... something .... along with his inabilities as a manager .... that even his most staunch of supporters will (if they are honest about it) will find hard to deny.

As a manager he was an utter failure - agreed

John Grieg? As a player? As a manager? 

McCoist greedy? Suppose so? But if i was offered 18k a week i'd take it. And if i knew the club was being run by crooks i'd have stuck to my guns too - my honest thoughts 

My point though was Ally is still very popular with the vast majority of fans - not in here but widely amongst the support his popularity remains - with most of us, if not all of us. 

27 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

McCoist greedy? Suppose so? But if i was offered 18k a week i'd take it. And if i knew the club was being run by crooks i'd have stuck to my guns too - my honest thoughts 

My point though was Ally is still very popular with the vast majority of fans - not in here but widely amongst the support his popularity remains - with most of us, if not all of us. 

His support remains because of his playing career, nothing else since then has inspired anything of any substance.

Awaiting the inevitable "he single handedly stopped tittle stripping" to appear.

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

John Greig was more of a bear and still is than AM will ever be mate and the statue outside the stadium is testament to that .... you can rest assured that AM will not be immortalised in the same fashion.

Even though his managerial stint left a lot to be desired he never said or did anything that would ever bring to our Club  the humiliation that AM was responsible for .... so not a very good comparison.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

John Greig was more of a bear and still is than AM will ever be mate and the statue outside the stadium is testament to that .... you can rest assured that AM will not be immortalised in the same fashion.

Even though his managerial stint left a lot to be desired he never said or did anything that would ever bring to our Club  the humiliation that AM was responsible for .... so not a very good comparison.

That's your opinion, Bobby, and you're entitled to it but you're in the minority. Maybe not in here but in the wider fan base you're in the minority ?

7 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

John Greig was one game away from a domestic treble in his first season as manager. After that it wasn't great 

13 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

If he's the Rangers man he's supposed to be and he knew the club was being run by crooks instead of sitting back and taking as much as he could out of the club he could have spoke up - he's just the same as the rest who fucked the club.

11 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That's your opinion, Bobby, and you're entitled to it but you're in the minority. Maybe not in here but in the wider fan base you're in the minority ?

Not sure how you can speak for the majority unless you hold some kind of fans representative position.

Theres plenty Bears outwith RM that I know that hate McCoist and what he did to us. 

Internet always brings out extreme views either way, and plenty trolls too, but you’re not the definitive opinion on what the fans think. 

I happen to think it’s probably 60/40 against McCoist, with a lot of older Bears not aware of some of his actions.

28 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

If he's the Rangers man he's supposed to be and he knew the club was being run by crooks instead of sitting back and taking as much as he could out of the club he could have spoke up - he's just the same as the rest who fucked the club.

He was one of the crooks. Taking as much as he could.

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

John Greig was one game away from a domestic treble in his first season as manager. After that it wasn't great 

True mate .... and his record in Europe was not that shabby either .... compared to AM? .... John Greig could be viewed as successful in the role .... :whistle:

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Not sure how you can speak for the majority unless you hold some kind of fans representative position.

Theres plenty Bears outwith RM that I know that hate McCoist and what he did to us. 

Internet always brings out extreme views either way, and plenty trolls too, but you’re not the definitive opinion on what the fans think. 

I happen to think it’s probably 60/40 against McCoist, with a lot of older Bears not aware of some of his actions.

Up at Dingwall recently, and at Firhill, he was lauded amongst the support. I've no doubt he's got his critics and it's not a small number but jt's a minority - no doubt about it ??

Unless of course you have EVIDENCE to say otherwise ???

1 hour ago, JograBear said:

He was one of the crooks. Taking as much as he could.

He took what he got from a legally binding contract. He TUPED remember just like all the players you despise didnt do. 

So, was he not to TUPE and get abuse or was he to TUPE and take a big fat wage cut while Green and his 'Paki friend' creamed it off? 

When it comes to money and creaming Ally is way way down the list of villians, eg Murray, Whyte, Green, Ahmed, Ashley, Llambias - yet we never get threads about them anymore - strange ????

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He took what he got from a legally binding contract. He TUPED remember just like all the players you despise didnt do. 

So, was he not to TUPE and get abuse or was he to TUPE and take a big fat wage cut while Green and his 'Paki friend' creamed it off? 

When it comes to money and creaming Ally is way way down the list of villians, eg Murray, Whyte, Green, Ahmed, Ashley, Llambias - yet we never get threads about them anymore - strange ????

They aren't in our hall of fame or claim to be Rangers legends. Daft comparison 

22 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I think McCoist always knew that he would struggle against decent teams ... while Walter was saying that we should only be demoted one division it was always a bit suspicious thet he seemed so eager for us to be sent down to the bottom tier 

Our support wanted to go to the bottom teir.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

They aren't in our hall of fame or claim to be Rangers legends. Daft comparison 

Not sure how old you are Williamson. You call him a good storyteller and that's all

mate, I have 355 good reasons that he's not. Actually 27 really really good reasons why he is more than a great story teller ?