Football is fucked

hammer93

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

You don't want us qualifying for it then? Let's keep playing for second spot in the league then!

Sorted!

NO, that's not what I meant.  I want us to win the league, qualify and be as good as we possibly can be. What I mean is there is now a glass ceiling for what can be achieved by all but a few clubs. A glass ceiling made by the money and power of the elite clubs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/10/2017 at 11:18, Blue Avenger said:

The game changer was us going tits up.

In business you either adapt to you environment or you die.

Some make the best of it and adapt, whilst others surrender and wither on the vine.

There are only two clubs in Scotland big enough to compete. One is adapting and ploughing a furrow, whilst the other is doing what exactly? It matters not the advantage, as it is up to the other to close the gap.

The gap is not being closed because of fans and a poor support, but simply by a board who do not share the vision nor have the business acumen to turn it around. 

Now our board aint that stupid to be so inept, so I do question their motivation, which for me is the question as to exactly why and what they are doing at our club.

Quite right too mate.  :tu:

My point about SKY is valid imho though . Before that we could compete with the biggest clubs in Europe -- and UEFA wanting the 'elite' -- read money -- clubs to compete in the CL is another nail in Scottish football.  Financial fair play?  Joke.  Let's say I had a billion quid -- and I now own 99% of The Rangers.  UEFA would not let me spend £500Mill of it on MY business -- but my competition can.  Where's the fair play in that?

So perhaps football in general is broken.... Probably is.  As I said the working mans game is no more... Sad times. Ah well... looking forward to the next match in any event :tu: . watp

Someone at work made me think when he was raging about Murdoch and his sky empire he believes it's part of the global diversity and cultural Marxism programme  we are seeing unfold with mass immigration too our shores . He said football has been hijaked by the elitist and used as a tool against the indigenous people .

I thought he was a fucking tool but it has made me question what football has become.

3 minutes ago, loyal said:

Someone at work made me think when he was raging about Murdoch and his sky empire he believes it's part of the global diversity and cultural Marxism programme  we are seeing unfold with mass immigration too our shores . He said football has been hijaked by the elitist and used as a tool against the indigenous people .

I thought he was a fucking tool but it has made me question what football has become.

lol . Your mate is a tool.... But surely we're not the only support in the world that sees this.  Here's what I think is a successful Rangers season...

1. Win the league
  2. Win 1 or more Cups
  3. Group stages of the CL -- and COMPETE unlike that fucking scum
  4. Every now and then get out of the group stages when we have unearthed a gem or 2 in a player

That's my highest expectations -- and btw.. achieving that brings respect.  That means we compete with £10 mill vs £500 mill

You know money has too much influence in the game.

you only need to look at the sports flagship tournament and how  heavily it is tilted towards the clubs with the cash.

imagine a champions league without the seed system where you could see a group drawn with Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and PSG? Or on the flip side (if we ever manage to qualify again) Rangers drawn with the champions of 3 other backwaters so it was genuinely exciting rather than hanging on for dear life hoping we don't shit the bed and scrape a europa league spot?

suppose u could always argue we were not complaining when wee Davy was waving about his tenners and shouting about spending fivers.

The only way for me to curb this and even it all out is to bring in some kind of salary cap or even a spend what you earn system. 

I'm not really a fan of stopping people from making the most they can but when it comes to a sport should that really apply?

Let's say in 2020 a player or coach can't make over a certain amount  on new contracts as a base salary that would maybe even things out.

Also is clubs were limited to spending what they actually earned that would also even things up imo. It would still mean that clubs like Rangers would be just as financially strong as billionaire owned clubs like Chelsea, Man City & PSG.

Even if you did this it would still leave the issue of television money which would be hard stop now.