3-3 v Morton

pcbear

What don't people get about these games, do you think Pedro said right lads clean sheet and let's won the game...fuck off. He gave 35 minutes to usual starters...then gave the other 70 minutes to guys that have not been playing much. The result doesn't really matter, they are getting game time in a close to a league game as they can get. He has also had to arrange this very quickly of the back of benfica bailing on the Canada game. It's a run out a chance for fringe players to show what they have to offer. 2 players who don't start scored, and both play midfield and a sticker who couldn't buy a goal scored...that there is why we played that game. Perhaps the fringe players who played at the back showed why they are not in the side. Stop focusing in the result, look at the aforementioned positives.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/10/2017 at 15:42, OhW said:

The results leading up to Progres showed that you can sometimes take something from friendly results. We were shite weren't we? Everyone said friendly results don't matter then.

I agree, but in context this was a last minute run out with boys as young as 15 getting game time.

On 09/10/2017 at 15:19, kaiser1041 said:

Fuck me in the space of a week jack has went from future captain to an idiot who is shite ??

fucking love the international break

Aye but in the space of a week he’s been sent off twice in a row - people are going to comment and make judgement on things like that 

13 hours ago, kyleh1872 said:

I agree, but in context this was a last minute run out with boys as young as 15 getting game time.

For half an hour they played - we should to bury Morton after an hour of football so that the youngsters aren’t responsible for that .. the fact is we could get beat 3-0 and there would be a perfectly acceptable excuse for it that excuses us from any responsibility - to some 

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

For half an hour they played - we should to bury Morton after an hour of football so that the youngsters aren’t responsible for that .. the fact is we could get beat 3-0 and there would be a perfectly acceptable excuse for it that excuses us from any responsibility - to some 

That's as true as there being some at the otber end of the spectrum who will have a go despite winning 4-1 away from home on a tricky surface whilst down to 10 men for much of the game. 

Never saw the friendly or read substantive reports of how it panned out so I'm not fussed by it. Nor am I fussed by Pedro's comments.

But come Friday if we don't get 3 points it's another nail firmly in the coffin.