Rangers Picture Thread

8 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Look at the difference in standards of attire and grooming. Not that long ago but what a difference eh?

Absolutely, not a tattoo or stupid hairstyle to be seen. Although I’m surprised Dave Smith doesn’t have his blazer sleeves rolled up:lol: 

11 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Never see the likes again, that's a Fact!

slim9.thumb.jpg.fc277b4be2d8ad13ec264229856641b6.jpg

5a61364ca02fa_jimbaxter2.jpg.dfb1ac33af1b70a84787665ad652cf15.jpg

That's another cracker at the top there. Aye wish I'd seen the bold Jim and wee Henderson. Was Jim better than Laudrup in your opinion? Suppose it not one for comparisons right enough with playing different positions. Always remember the best bit of skill on my Baxter video as a wean was from Henderson lol. They must have missed so much great stuff because of the lack of TV in them days.

3 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

That's another cracker at the top there. Aye wish I'd seen the bold Jim and wee Henderson. Was Jim better than Laudrup in your opinion? Suppose it not one for comparisons right enough with playing different positions. Always remember the best bit of skill on my Baxter video as a wean was from Henderson lol. They must have missed so much great stuff because of the lack of TV in them days.

They did lose a lot on television that's why these photo's are so sacred for the want of a better word, two different players and different times but Jim was his own man and no amount of discipline would change him, in fact if he played today I think he'd still be the same way, he did what he wanted when he wanted, Brian was absolutely brilliant but I'll give Baxter the nod every time.

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

Don't know if you mean this one

6e699279356464acf030a5da87d027b1.thumb.jpg.0b93e2fe3ed708fcc6b95de7c1901d04.jpg

or this ?

f8a75cae_o.thumb.jpeg.5661237ca5b820a154fa3060843cd1ae.jpeg

Or if you just want black and white, main stand cross section, and a good looking cunt like Baxter. 

200464_baxter_1.thumb.jpg.c7f340df425b1979c24cebf1d18ec673.jpg

Bingo mate. It's that top one. I mistakenly thought it was black and white. Great stuff lads, I appreciate the digging these up. Will need to set some time aside to go through this thread as it's right enjoyable looking at these. Always used to skip this thread too like a silly bastard :guiness:

36 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

They did lose a lot on television that's why these photo's are so sacred for the want of a better word, two different players and different times but Jim was his own man and no amount of discipline would change him, in fact if he played today I think he'd still be the same way, he did what he wanted when he wanted, Brian was absolutely brilliant but I'll give Baxter the nod every time.

Yeah different times and players. I was brought up to revere Baxters name the most but I think the same as you do about him but with Laudrup. He was on another level to everything else at the time and it looked so easy to him. A bit like Baxter in that way. From what I've seen of Baxter there was a bit of him in Zidane. Had that gallus carefree all to easy can do anything with a ball spirit about him. We didn't play any French teams back then did we. Just thinking there could be something to this theory :lol: