Rangers Picture Thread

18 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah different times and players. I was brought up to revere Baxters name the most but I think the same as you do about him but with Laudrup. He was on another level to everything else at the time and it looked so easy to him. A bit like Baxter in that way. From what I've seen of Baxter there was a bit of him in Zidane. Had that gallus carefree all to easy can do anything with a ball spirit about him. We didn't play any French teams back then did we. Just thinking there could be something to this theory :lol:

Funnily enough the first two teams we ever played against in Europe were French, Nice and St Etienne in Seasons 56-57 and 57-58 respectively, Nice won over two legs but we progressed into the second round the following season by beating St Etienne. The next time we faced a French outfit was in 61-62 when we beat Monaco over two legs this time with a certain Jim Baxter in the team, he scored the opening goal in the first leg with us winning 3-2 in both games, no sure about your theory right enough as obviously the French in this tie couldn't handle real gallus punters fae Govan !:thumbup::lol::lol:

10 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Funnily enough the first two teams we ever played against in Europe were French, Nice and St Etienne in Seasons 56-57 and 57-58 respectively, Nice won over two legs but we progressed into the second round the following season by beating St Etienne. The next time we faced a French outfit was in 61-62 when we beat Monaco over two legs this time with a certain Jim Baxter in the team, he scored the opening goal in the first leg with us winning 3-2 in both games, no sure about your theory right enough as obviously the French in this tie couldn't handle real gallus punters fae Govan !:thumbup::lol::lol:

Nah Zidane was born in 72 so definitely not Jim's love child unless he went back on a holiday :lol: 

I do see similarities when I watch them though. That Riquelme had a bit of that carefree maestro type of player about him too. Got to love such players. Just seem so naturally gifted. The bold Gazza had it too.

16 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Aye probably was if he thought at Ibrox. I was meaning right now. I'd love a good scrapper to be on the go who was one of us. Would get right behind them.

def was tho mrs watt wasnt,was a  very civilised man ,was app.spark on a job i was on back early 60,s

2 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

was it not john o,hare  sunderland or bolton#?and scotland

5 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Henderson and Bremner, guy in the middle I don’t know

47BEE62B-730F-464B-89F1-5FAB9274054A.jpeg

I was thinking Bobby Ferguson Kilmarnock goalkeeper