Rangers Picture Thread

8 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

he was signed 1959/60 prob.to replace ian mccoll from newcastle u. but only played a couple of games  at r/half but the emargence of greig and baxter and billy stevenson means we had enough mid field players  i dont know where he went but never heard of him again.

Returned to England with Lincoln city , had a spell with Queen of the South then retired to join the police aged 29 . Sadly passed away in June last year .

Went looking for some attendance info on our 1972 Euro semi and inadvertently found this. Apologies in advance, but it's a great pointer to the fact rhabid tim journalists were just as bitter back then, even though a much stronger better organised team had beaten them fairly.

Best bit after all the doom and gloom for the tims though is the wee Rangers related advert down at the bottom left hand side. :dance:

GW1160H1359

On 1/21/2018 at 11:35, tannerall said:

GW1160H1359

@tannerall not sure if you caught the wee ad in the bottom left corner??  Barcelona from 29.50....... IIRC we paid around 50 quid for 5 nights including flights.  Still have fantastic memories of that trip.

I also recall numerous 'glib' tarriers who had booked for the European cup final in the travel agents getting their refunds and us pishing ourselves.   We'll be laughing at the cunts soon enough.

10 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Here's a Rangers player who deserves a special mention on a special thread - 

Douglas 'Dougie' Herbert Gray was born in Alford in 1905. In 1925 he was signed by Bill Struth, who stated on several occasions that Dougie was his best ever signing! This is the manager who signed McPhail, Thornton, Waddell, Young, Shaw etc etc 

Dougie went on to be Rangers longest ever serving player - playing competively until 1947! He made 555 'official' appearances but if you made the allowance of appearances during WWII then Dougie put on the Rangers shirt more than any other player in history, making 940 appearances in total. 

He won 10 league champions medals, six scottish cup winners medals and was capped 10 times for his country. Dougie Gray is not often a name tripped off the tongue when Rangers Legends are discussed. But be in no doubt a legend he is and a worthy original member of our Hall of Fame. 

A few years ago his daughter was invited to Ibrox as a special guest and was giving the star treatment including a tour of the stadium. There is no doubt her father was looking down proudly. 

downloadfile-1.jpg

9569f136a87468edc86623794071e3d5.jpg

Great stuff.It often frustrates me that men like Dougie are often forgotten when we talk about the greats.

16 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Here's a Rangers player who deserves a special mention on a special thread - 

Douglas 'Dougie' Herbert Gray was born in Alford in 1905. In 1925 he was signed by Bill Struth, who stated on several occasions that Dougie was his best ever signing! This is the manager who signed McPhail, Thornton, Waddell, Young, Shaw etc etc 

Dougie went on to be Rangers longest ever serving player - playing competively until 1947! He made 555 'official' appearances but if you made the allowance of appearances during WWII then Dougie put on the Rangers shirt more than any other player in history, making 940 appearances in total. 

He won 10 league champions medals, six scottish cup winners medals and was capped 10 times for his country. Dougie Gray is not often a name tripped off the tongue when Rangers Legends are discussed. But be in no doubt a legend he is and a worthy original member of our Hall of Fame. 

A few years ago his daughter was invited to Ibrox as a special guest and was giving the star treatment including a tour of the stadium. There is no doubt her father was looking down proudly. 

downloadfile-1.jpg

9569f136a87468edc86623794071e3d5.jpg

@HashPizza will like this

was in arran as a youngster in lamlash  always mind it never rained  and there was this little guy always wore shorts and looked very strong and fir mind the the old man talking to him on the beach one day ,didnt look his type of pall back then, when he came back i asked him who that ,a big smile came on and he said thats dougie gray when we got home  there was a picture in the back page of the record of this man standing outside a pub at p.r. toll ,under it said dougie gray is now owner of a pub i told father thats the man you were talking to ,i had no idea who he was. but i soon found out.