Rangers Picture Thread

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

Albert Guðmundsson played one game,  v Clyde  w 3-1, Southern League  1945

image.png.f783146a7ba0f93926fc4b5265620854.png

Supposedly the first ever professional Icelandic footballer! My brother started speaking about him at half time in Ibrox last month and I couldn’t for the life of me think who he was talking about. Without tooting my own horn (toot toot), I’m a geek when it comes to Rangers history and I had honestly never heard of this guy.

I can only imagine what it must’ve been like for this lad leaving a very secluded Iceland and living the dream. He seemed to have a pretty incredible life in and outside of football.

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

image.thumb.png.4d2e1b785cb03fdb8ff81c8c3732a640.png

Anestis Argyriou. He has got to be up there with the worst players to wear the jersey. :lol:

He tried his hardest but he was fucking woeful. It’s the only time I’ve watched a game and genuinely thought, “I might be better than him”! I bet he still can’t  believe his luck getting to play for Rangers at Ibrox in front of 50,000. Fuck knows who convinced McCoist to take him on. He was a no mark at AEK Athens 23s side, then comes to Rangers. Bizarre, regardless of where we were at that point.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Anestis Argyriou. He has got to be up there with the worst players to wear the jersey. :lol:

He tried his hardest but he was fucking woeful. It’s the only time I’ve watched a game and genuinely thought, “I might be better than him”! I bet he still can’t  believe his luck getting to play for Rangers at Ibrox in front of 50,000. Fuck knows who convinced McCoist to take him on. He was a no mark at AEK Athens 23s side, then comes to Rangers. Bizarre, regardless of where we were at that point.

Missed the penalty against QOTS in the challenge cup as well a think :lol: 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Missed the penalty against QOTS in the challenge cup as well a think :lol: 

Aw fucking hell remember that? Nicky Clark scored the winner for them!

He was an absolute goal machine in the lower divisions at that time. He didn’t do badly at Rangers but he never reached those levels again. Loved him when he did get in about it though. That finish against Hibs at Ibrox in the 4-2 game! He absolutely loved wearing that jersey.