Rangers Picture Thread

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

:lol:

Who is in the photo at the front left. From the side it looks like Ian St John!

Wilson, Shearer and Henderson in the front. Brand?, Miller and Provan at the back.

It's Caldow, McKinnon and Provan at back, the other guy was the producer of the record methinks !

image.jpeg.bcc6b67020a44f068233141fd5aaafae.jpeg

1 minute ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Who is that? I thought it was a young Alex Ferguson at first glance but it ain’t , is it?

Dennis Setterington.

He was at Rangers in the mid-60s until 1970. Only played a handful of games, but was at Rangers at the same time as Alex Ferguson. He died a few years ago.

The game is against Aberdeen. For some reason we played with blue socks with white tops.

Just now, harlands plater said:

What a day that was, our first League title in eleven years. 

55 will be even sweeter.

55 will be like that day, Pittodrie, Tannadice, and Helicopter Sunday all rolled into one.

Don't care if I have to get flung in by trebuchet i'll be there :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Found this pic a while ago. Can’t remember all the details but I think it’s Caldow before a European game, Italian maybe. Don’t recall seeing a Gers top like this one before.

Edit- it’s a German team

32DD4CC8-9FE3-4A31-9A30-C02A68BD4584.jpeg

15 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I may be wrong but I think it's Borussia Monchengladbach, we beat them 8-0 and 3-0  in the European Cup Winners Cup quarter final in 1960. 

How smart was that away strip Eric Caldow is wearing?

Well done HP. I was gonna suggest Eintracht Frankfurt, but the wee plaque in the German's hand gives it away, green, white and black. The colours Moenchengladbach wore against us in 73. Guy on the left was one of my favourite players. Right up there with Doddy and Neeskens.

2f51e67e256129b152d1477b8314f9f5.jpg

10 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I may be wrong but I think it's Borussia Monchengladbach, we beat them 8-0 and 3-0  in the European Cup Winners Cup quarter final in 1960. 

Yeah there’s something about that top. I like it

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dennis Setterington.

He was at Rangers in the mid-60s until 1970. Only played a handful of games, but was at Rangers at the same time as Alex Ferguson. He died a few years ago.

The game is against Aberdeen. For some reason we played with blue socks with white tops.

Always sticks in my mind that we wore blue socks with white tops when we beat the sheep 6-1 at the piggery in the Scottish Cup semi final in 1969.

1 hour ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Found this pic a while ago. Can’t remember all the details but I think it’s Caldow before a European game, Italian maybe. Don’t recall seeing a Gers top like this one before.

Edit- it’s a German team

32DD4CC8-9FE3-4A31-9A30-C02A68BD4584.jpeg

That kit :crywank:

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

You're spot on HP