Rangers Picture Thread

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The Rangers team from season 1929/30. Won the 'clean sweep' of domestic trophies - League Championship, Scottish Cup, Glasgow Cup and finally, the Glasgow Merchants Charity Cup.

8 hours after clinching the Charity Cup they set sail on a tour of North America winning all 14 games scoring 68 goals in the process. Some of our most legendary players are in that picture 

Fleming, Gray, Meiklejohn, McPhail, Morton et al 

CRO+RangersFACTS+NA+14.jpg

Pics are great but when you have a story behind it all the better ?

Is the supporters club from moodiesburn not still named after him ?

2 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Somebody mentioned kit man George Soutar about a squillion pages back. That me rummage about the loft and I found this programme from 30 years ago :-)

EPSON001.JPG

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Somebody mentioned kit man George Soutar about a squillion pages back. That me rummage about the loft and I found this programme from 30 years ago :-)

EPSON001.JPG

Ian Durrant and Derek Ferguson took him on holiday with them, and Souness regularly to Majorca when he had a place there, I just googled him and that was a few eyeopeners that were mentioned.

First substitute ever used in Brittish football.

image.thumb.png.22bf219fd84374ba4a203b4d7c0a67d3.png

He came on as a sub for Jimmy Smith v Moscow Dynamo.

Both sides had agreed that a goalkeeper and two outfield players from each team could be substituted if a doctor stated that a player could not continue.