Rangers Picture Thread

9 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

A wee zoom in here..

'Second X1 Cup, 3rd Round'

Doubtless, you might please elucidate... (I just, personally, can't make out the date either).

This looks like a rare find...

date is a prob.but the ad above for brittish rail puts the date in the late 40/50,s as the railways were nationalised in 1948.

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

A wee zoom in here..

'Second X1 Cup, 3rd Round'

Doubtless, you might please elucidate... (I just, personally, can't make out the date either).

This looks like a rare find...

Morton v Rangers

2nd XI Cup 3rd Round 28.1.1950

2-4

Team and scorers at this point in time unknown but it's a fair bet they came from the players in hoops from pic below

236211951_rangers1949-50-2.thumb.jpg.680b232b3c2fa412781a7fcacedeb397.jpg

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

Morton v Rangers

2nd XI Cup 3rd Round 28.1.1950

2-4

Team and scorers at this point in time unknown but it's a fair bet they came from the players in hoops from pic below

236211951_rangers1949-50-2.thumb.jpg.680b232b3c2fa412781a7fcacedeb397.jpg

Amazing... perhaps like the vast majority, had no idea about this...  Really fascinating snapshot of that era. Some research, as always.

On 11/10/2018 at 20:13, Bobby Hume said:

?

Ooft! .... is probably the kindest expression for all the missed opportunities clubs have made concerning young talented players who slipped the leash and became superstars mate ....seems unthinkable but it certainly has happened.

:UK:

Well then... extraordinarily, I've genuinely, just randomly, come across this old football magazine interview with KD.

I've personally never seen his supposed Rangers affiliation exposed like this in my life before tonight.

Should be able to zoom into the Q&A.

Screenshot_20181012-201750.png

Screenshot_20181012-201843.png

4 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

44321B48-BA78-4CA1-9293-6E1D6AF6C4F3.jpeg

Rumour has it you were instrumental in this thread starting. :sarcasm:

Doubtless there will be few related photographs you haven't seen previously. Duly acknowledged, have found these photos of the great man, at least one of which might hopefully be largely unknown and worthwhile highlighting.

180378-league-cup-final-celtic-v-rangers-1-2-aet-hampden-glasgow-sandy-BJKEC6.jpg

image.jpg@1.339175.jpg

11663-zoom.jpg

s-l300.jpg

7778+3+Onze%2C+Issue+39%2C+March+1979+%281%29.jpg

10-10-12-ibrox-glasgow-rangers-legend-sandy-jardine-7933722.jpg

20181012_223653843.jpg

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

Well then... extraordinarily, I've genuinely, just randomly, come across this old football magazine interview with KD.

I've personally never seen his supposed Rangers affiliation exposed like this in my life before tonight.

Should be able to zoom into the Q&A.

Screenshot_20181012-201750.png

Screenshot_20181012-201843.png

MOST MEMORABLE MATCHES .... the ones in which we beat Rangers etc etc etc

Yes indeed mate... that is incredibly damning evidence right enough ..... but sadly not unusual for a young player to proclaim the team he now plays for to be his team .... McCoist did a similar Q&A where his favourite team was St Johnstone .... and guess who he played for at the time the article was published ?

We have many players who became fans but were not before joining us .... I still believe KD was wrong to go to them after being a boyhood fan of The Rangers ..... it still irks me to this day.

In essence no player is going to openly admit they supported Rangers or the scum when actually playing for either team as they wouldn't want their own support to hate them

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

MOST MEMORABLE MATCHES .... the ones in which we beat Rangers etc etc etc

Yes indeed mate... that is incredibly damning evidence right enough ..... but sadly not unusual for a young player to proclaim the team he now plays for to be his team .... McCoist did a similar Q&A where his favourite team was St Johnstone .... and guess who he played for at the time the article was published ?

We have many players who became fans but were not before joining us .... I still believe KD was wrong to go to them after being a boyhood fan of The Rangers ..... it still irks me to this day.

In essence no player is going to openly admit they supported Rangers or the scum when actually playing for either team as they wouldn't want their own support to hate them

What was the similar incident recently? Someone associated with the club suspiciously suspected of being a 'closet celtic fan', however in an old football Q&A like this, he clearly stated 'first love' being brought up was his local team - Kilmarnock maybe?

On 10/10/2018 at 22:02, KingKai said:

So I was a kid back then and remember meeting an older friend in the street and asked him if he knew what the score had been in Spain.

He told me 6-0 for Real. I couldn't fathom this. Iknew they were good, but couldn't believe ANYBODY could beat The Rangers by that score!

I still remember that to this day.

Gento, Zoco, Di Stéfano, Puskás... and the rest were no bad either...