Rangers Picture Thread

On 08/10/2017 at 20:10, siddiqi_drinker said:

That goal meant so much because, despite getting to the final of the ECWC in 67, we had won the grand sum of 'fuk all'  since 1965!!!!!    RM would have been in meltdown mode so for me and thousands of others, that's why DJ's goal held such significance.  

One of the first games I attended

On 14/10/2017 at 21:24, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

It's the 29th March 1975. 40,000 Rangers fans have headed for Easter Rd hoping to clinch the league championship for the first time since 1964 and stop the dhims bid for 10 in a row.

Bobby McKean has just crossed from the right hand touchline and big Colin Stein leaps like a salmon to equalise with around 20mins to go. That point secured the title and Rangers then went on to win their 3rd treble the following season.

We can do this again lads, stay together. 

9089b3e53f881b6f7ea202da22057d15--stein-colin-odonoghue.jpg

40,000 eh, that is incredible, only The Rangers could muster that Support.

23 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The quintessential Rangers strip

See what he says there about celtic players wife’s that’s typical Baxter patter. We’ve never had a player with such arrogance and self confidence since. Just wish I’d been old enough to see the guy play in his prime.

Maybe Gazza to a lesser extent.

On 16/10/2017 at 18:23, Johnny Dangerously said:

I thought he was a decent enough player. Gave the fans the two fingers at one game. I imagine he was getting some stick. I wasn’t there can anyone confirm.

FA075518-8039-4082-A83A-2710AB358FE6.jpeg

Cammy was a very decent player and hard as fuck aswell, he was very underated imo

11 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I have that Ajax shirt, I'm sure they won the European Cup wearing that strip.

PS Is that Dick Advocaat or Gregor Fisher as The Baldy Man???

This is from the 95/96 season when they lost to Juventus in Rome. A tragic day in the McEwan's Lager household :lol: 

This was the 94/95 shirt from the season they won:

http://www.licencetoroam.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ajax-Kanu-1995.jpg

Although strictly speaking the top they wore when they won was navy and was similar to the Aberdeen kit of the time. You can tell it is 94/95 because of the old Champion's League patch before the starball design was bought in for the 95/96 season.