Rangers Picture Thread

3 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Haha

i spent forever trying to get my nephew one of those in the 90s. Couldn’t find one anywhere. Thought maybe some Bear would have one in his attic or somewhere.

I'm forever trying to find a picture of the key ring with the wee plastic figure of Willie Hendeson. Can only find the Jimmy Johnstone one.

3 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Was a boy at that game, lost 3-1 if I remember right. They were a great side back then. Also lost 3-2 away too, think we had hope in that game that we might get a result, can’t quite mind how the scoring went. Wasn’t to be though.

Ajax were a different class, they toyed with us, but were a joy to watch, was only our determination that kept us in it. 

Regarding Andy Cunningham kicking off, I am sure he was presented with three other players who represented players of different (younger) decades, struggling to remember who they were though. 

Or maybe that was the centenary game........am sure there's a photo of all four somewhere...............

26 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

A real true blue.

Never made Rangers greatest ever team.

But would have been a cert for the bench i.m.o.

A real box to box midfield dynamo

Loved wee Doddie. Gave everything in every match he played. Big time player in big matches. The amount of goals he scored in finals (like this one against Aberdeen in the 78 SCF) and semis was fantastic. 

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

My hero:bow:, only the great Johan Neeskens came close to affecting the way I tried to play football. Energy, passion, skill, contribution to the team, awarensss of those around, strong tackling, sweet passing and commitment to winning, and most importantly he looked to be enjoying every minute, especially when scoring against the taigs or in cup finals and the big games in Europe, which he did more often than expected. 

Criminal he was never given a chance at International level, would have walked in to many a great team and been their midfield dynamo.

Our current team is crying out for a commited midfielder like Doddy.........

Agreed. Him and Stuart McCall were born winners and never shirked a challenge . Fantastic engines. never gave up and covered every blade of grass.

We sure do need one of that type in our current side