Rangers Picture Thread

5 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Nobody from the present could say how good he was all we can do is take the word of people from that era: Former Hibernian manager Willie McCartney stated that Gibson was "The greatest of my, and any generation following, in Scottish football", Steve Bloomer of Derby County and England described him as "The greatest footballer I ever saw", and Gibson's artistry led Harry Wood to dub him "Pavlova in football boots". Still none said he was 100 times better than Bazza ?

What a find that would be if he had been caught on film!  In the late 1800's films became several minutes long and started to consist of several shots. I wonder if the club has some film archived away from that period or if someone has some in a private collection.  It would be great  for a Rangers Museum.

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But it's like saying dani alves is 100 times better than Ian rush. Different era, no even the same positions but defo 100 times better :lol:

Not saying he was, but by all accounts he was some player 

1 minute ago, Don54 said:

Not saying he was, but by all accounts he was some player 

No I know I was talking more about backup :lol:

he's told us a player who barely any if any footage exists was 100x the player BF was but one was a defender and the other a cm.