Rangers Picture Thread

1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:
1 hour ago, Callum_Doon said:

If you have the time, be really interested to hear your personal story of being a fan in Canada.

Of course appreciating this is a forum for photographs, just wondered if you had a brief synopsis of what it's like for you so far away.

That program cover... your last game before emigrating?

Yea....I've thought this through before asking....wee pull on the heartstrings there maybe...

Extraordinary, as it would never have been exhibited here if Courtyard Bean hadn't bought that 'Demon Dug 'Fae Hell' (although it still looks guite perfectly docile to me...).

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

Partick-Thistle-v-Rangers-cicra-1936-copy-800x504.thumb.jpg.17c17e93b9e738c6269f93f9aaed3cf2.jpg

Partick Thistle v Rangers  circa 1936.

no i was,nt there..loved the big score boards at the back,mind third lanark would announce todays teams ,as printed in the program,half time scores each game had a letter ,A clyde v dundee.ut they never told you who was just B 1-2  C1-1 they used to get boo ed..no wonder they went under.

3 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

no i was,nt there..loved the big score boards at the back,mind third lanark would announce todays teams ,as printed in the program,half time scores each game had a letter ,A clyde v dundee.ut they never told you who was just B 1-2  C1-1 they used to get boo ed..no wonder they went under.

I thought you were a ballboy at that game

14 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:
4 hours ago, Don54 said:

John fallon ?

does,nt need to be timmy we are playing

If bluedignity is correct in saying pic below is at Hampden 1964, no reason to doubt him, the only options are fallon, Jim Herriot or Sandy Davie ( pic included)

40c603e77c9d95aeca6462fa8e916a04.thumb.jpg.759d40598fbff61e92a93c72e51f426d.jpg.a7519a833d57036ba48a26bca28dfa6b.jpg

images.thumb.jpg.59c80f98497d9e6c06f5ffdd16804518.jpg

1 hour ago, thedarvelmarvel said:
2 hours ago, Don54 said:

Partick-Thistle-v-Rangers-cicra-1936-copy-800x504.thumb.jpg.17c17e93b9e738c6269f93f9aaed3cf2.jpg

Partick Thistle v Rangers  circa 1936.

Could you no get a ticket :whistle:

22 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

A wee bit further research and looks like a snapshot from the 24 Oct 1964 League Cup final. The goalie is evidently Fallon!

Yup it definitely is, also look at Baxters socks in the pic of the ball up his shirt they are on the same way but the picture I put in of JB earlier is not the same match, think it's Ian McMillan behind him in the pic, also his socks are wore different, he used to roll the red bit down at the top to make it thin, I remember because we all used to copy it. Probably 1962-63.