Rangers Picture Thread

22 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

:angrywillie:

For the record, who's that 'bigger boy', McCann is squaring up to?

:lol:

That wee song was sung to Neil  by the fans when the team was training at a NARSA convention a few years ago mate ... he loved it and was laughing his arse off.

As for the taig .. I honestly don't remember mate ... it was all about The Rangers and anything about them wasn't worth remembering .... :p:

:UK: 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

That wee song was sung to Neil  by the fans when the team was training at a NARSA convention a few years ago mate ... he loved it and was laughing his arse off.

As for the taig .. I honestly don't remember mate ... it was all about The Rangers and anything about them wasn't worth remembering .... :p:

Just uplifting, brilliant and makes this all worthwhile for everyone. :cup:

1 hour ago, KingKai said:

Yes All at Ibrox.

The first one on the right, the windows would be where the enclosure was under the stand.

Well sorted there! What about this one, attributed as Ibrox?

For whatever reason, although I have a larger copy, it's insistent on being posted as a 'thumbnail' image.

20181015_172615360.jpg

23 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

For whatever reason, although I have a larger copy, it's insistent on being posted as a 'thumbnail' image.

20181015_172615360.jpg

Could be, but too hard to tell with such a small pic. It looks like ground level for sure with the arched windows.

42 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

20181015_172615360.jpg

Afraid I am hopeless at posting photos. The Britain From Above website has a photo ref SFW020641 where you can see Ibrox Stadium in the background looking much like this. Photo claims to be 1928 but cant be as the "new" stand opened that year.

2 hours ago, KingKai said:

the old press box reminds me of the first floodlights, to get to the lights you had to go thro. a trap door and on to a walkway under the roof and the light were on  the walkway ,the first time i saw this when the chargehand opened the trap and all you could see about 40 ft below was rows of seats ,quite a few guys wouldnt go down but lucky i got to sit on the walkway to watch a game sc.schools v enmglish schools.

11 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

who is the mason with the whistle ?

A referee with a 'Mason' surname and from Burslem (if I make that out correctly)...

Could surely only be be Jim Mason, played for Burslem Port Vale, before becoming a foremost referee - took charge of the 1909 FA Cup Final... (all from Wikipedia).

Except, of course, our comparative dates are some years apart.

Unless he came out of retirement to referee this game? Surely not the same guy - despite the compelling similarities - how old would he have been?

24 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

the old press box reminds me of the first floodlights, to get to the lights you had to go thro. a trap door and on to a walkway under the roof and the light were on  the walkway ,the first time i saw this when the chargehand opened the trap and all you could see about 40 ft below was rows of seats ,quite a few guys wouldnt go down but lucky i got to sit on the walkway...

That's just alarmingly ridiculous...  :ohmy:

'RFC, always leading in the forefront of 'health and safety'...'. :huh:

44 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

the old press box reminds me of the first floodlights, to get to the lights you had to go thro. a trap door and on to a walkway under the roof and the light were on  the walkway ,the first time i saw this when the chargehand opened the trap and all you could see about 40 ft below was rows of seats ,quite a few guys wouldnt go down but lucky i got to sit on the walkway to watch a game sc.schools v enmglish schools.

What a great memory mate .... I thought it was the press box but wasn't sure as I have never been there .... it was the desk type shelf that made me think that but as there are so many seats I was not sure if there were that many sports reporters back then .... there obviously was  ....as we were as popular then as we are today and would have been just as newsworthy.

3 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

20181015_172615360.jpg

It's the Main Stand;s administration block being built first.

The offices on level one at the right hand side are the managers office

14wssr4.thumb.jpg.a8d96aa434701e6c74897bc1fd7409d1.jpg

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

What a great memory mate .... I thought it was the press box but wasn't sure as I have never been there .... it was the desk type shelf that made me think that but as there are so many seats I was not sure if there were that many sports reporters back then .... there obviously was  ....as we were as popular then as we are today and would have been just as newsworthy.

You can see the coloured seats in the Copland Rd Stand in the pic.

I might have been at that Scotland V England schoolboys game. Was the first game I was allowed to go alone with my pals! Would have been around 65 maybe