Rangers Picture Thread

10 minutes ago, silverbear said:

That'll be the 1961 European Cup Winners Cup Final v Fiorentina.

Eric Caldow missed a penalty when we were 1-0 down.

I might be wrong but I think that was the only time we used that strip?

Wore the shirt in the 1964 SC final. 

image.thumb.jpeg.06b28abd83b4331c17b5064dd079bc8c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Wore the shirt in the 1964 SC final. 

image.thumb.jpeg.06b28abd83b4331c17b5064dd079bc8c.jpeg

Cheers 👍 I think it was the only occasion we wore that full strip though with the white socks & red & blue bands.

We did as you quite rightly pointed out, wear the striped shirt & blue shorts as an away kit in the early to mid 60s.

Also noted Fiorentina were wearing white so that must have been the away leg which we lost 2-1 with Alex Scott scoring.

16 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Cheers 👍 I think it was the only occasion we wore that full strip though with the white socks & red & blue bands.

We did as you quite rightly pointed out, wear the striped shirt & blue shorts as an away kit in the early to mid 60s.

Also noted Fiorentina were wearing white so that must have been the away leg which we lost 2-1 with Alex Scott scoring.

We wore that strip in both legs 

a4da2ab29f0f0eaf2e36e4e60a94c7c8.thumb.jpg.f37589bbf0711f86e9580ea4e181603d.jpg

1 minute ago, silverbear said:

Yes I meant that the ECWC Final was the only occasion we wore that strip. Fiorentina wore blue shirts for the 1st leg & white shirts for the 2nd leg.

I wasn't sure if you meant they only wore it in away leg,  does the fact it was the only occasion we wore that strip mean it was made for the final?

3 hours ago, Don54 said:

I wasn't sure if you meant they only wore it in away leg,  does the fact it was the only occasion we wore that strip mean it was made for the final?

Fair enough, I wasn't that explicit.

I'm not sure about that as we wore the same shirt & shorts as an away kit from 61-65 but the final, played over two legs was the only time we wore the shirt, shorts & the white socks with the red & blue bands.,

23 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

2nd strip for 5 year  and purple was fiorentino strip

The 2nd strip was indeed that shirt & those shorts but we wore the traditional black socks with red tops from 61-68 except for the final.

The traditional black socks with red tops which we wore for over 40yrs were abandoned for a couple of seasons from 59-61before returning in '61.

You could be right about the Fiorentina strip as I've only seen black & white footage of the Fiorentina side.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Absolutely brilliant thread guys...... keep the old photos coming.

Which trophy is that mate? The Loving Cup?

A cup that Moses McNeil won in 1876 for the half-mile at the Garelochead Athletic Sports event, if u click on the image u should be able to read inscription on the cup