Rangers Picture Thread

On 14/04/2020 at 19:05, Don54 said:

Shocking the way the club treated him

it was john lawrence and his big ideas.ok stein turned the balance to them but we still made e.c.w.c final with a patched up team. persson ripped us apart at  dun . u. but never reached that form with us. 

11 hours ago, Don54 said:

Fotjg.thumb.jpg.6ce1d3af3d5715926a40e4939be3ef51.jpg

my absolute hero theirs 2 people i would love to meet before i shuffle of this mortal coil John Greig and Sir Walter. In the mid 70s i sent a picture addressed to John Greig Edmiston House Glasgow with a picture of john Greig from the goal magazine i think asking for it to be signed and put in stamp for return post lol got it back signed and still have it 🤗

21 minutes ago, Don54 said:

He was   sitting next to us at the lights at Mount Vernon after the scum beat us on penalties  in the  Drybrough Cup    and     we didn't know who   scored the first goal in normal play   , they scored first  . so the sweep for first goal scorer    hadn't been paid out  , Greig's window     was down so the bus convener  opened the bus door and shouted " John who scored celtic's   first goal"?     and got a   terse reply "What the fuck does that matter"?            

🤣quality

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 23:24, G.A.T.J. said:

Still looking for a picture of his league cup goal at Ibrox against celtic from September 1969. Here is a picture of him scoring the only goal of the game against them 2 years earlier.

FB_IMG_1537102623896.jpg

A photo of the League Cup goal in August 1969 DOES exist. It certainly appeared in the Daily Record the following morning. A goal scored from an acute angle at the Broomloan Road end. 

4 hours ago, BobbyS said:

A photo of the League Cup goal in August 1969 DOES exist. It certainly appeared in the Daily Record the following morning. A goal scored from an acute angle at the Broomloan Road end. 

I've been searching for it for ages everywhere , Actual video footage of Willie Johnston's goal from the same game exists.

On 19/04/2020 at 18:27, thedarvelmarvel said:

is it not in a league game [persson was at no.7. and scored at broomloan end ?

No it was a league cup sectional game at Ibrox Rangers won 2-1 Willie Johnston scored Rangers second goal video footage of which exists. Persson scored the first at the Broomloan end wearing the number 11 jersey.

20 hours ago, G.A.T.J. said:

No it was a league cup sectional game at Ibrox Rangers won 2-1 Willie Johnston scored Rangers second goal video footage of which exists. Persson scored the first at the Broomloan end wearing the number 11 jersey.

the game i,mk talking about was a league game sept 67. 1/0 persson scored the only goal from the right wing .