Rangers Picture Thread

On 22/05/2020 at 14:22, G.A.T.J. said:

My grandfather told me in the twenties with no mobile phones or television , bears who didn't attend the games would often go to their local train station to find out the score from returning fans. Which led to the famous verse, "Doon the line the train came puffing , Rangers four celtic nothing"

i mind getting sent down for a times at 6.00 as the results were only announced in the sport programme at 6.30

19 hours ago, tannerall said:

Arsenal v Rangers 1963

benefit-match-arsenal-fc-vs-rangers-fc-u

the only face i recognised in the arsenal is Joe baker sitting next to Craig Watson.

13 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

i mind getting sent down for a times at 6.00 as the results were only announced in the sport programme at 6.30

the only face i recognised in the arsenal is Joe baker sitting next to Craig Watson.

I think the player standing next to Jim Baxter is George Eastham. The only other I thought I recognised was the one who is pointing next to Joe Baker. I thought this was Davie Herd but he had left Highbury by that time. As it was a testimonial match a "guest" player maybe?

45 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

im sure thats cutty young in the top picture

What ground is that  with the bears in the covered section along the side of the park? sure its not Ibrox or Hampden. I think the Tim goalie is Denis Conaghan(sdp)

2nd big DJ

3rd no clue